COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Date Devs might Confirm each Craft's Minigame?

The Devs have let known there will be Minigames for each Crafting Trade and we've gotten a few teasers as to what some of them MIGHT be in CoE, like Guitar Hero Minigame for playing instruments (which made me rethink my Kypic Pirate Shanty Singer cause Im terrible at timing in GH lol...)

I was hoping the Devs could maybe give an Estimated Date for when all the Minigames for each Craft Trade will be set in stone and release videos of said Minigames so we can go into character creation with a better idea of what we might be good at doing (I got a shakey mouse hand so the Tracing Minigame they showed for Blacksmithing would be little harder than say what they might have in store for Farming or Alchemy)

5/20/2019 4:44:21 PM #1

Agreed, I consider the Minigames concept to be misguided myself. It’s a great idea for those young and healthy, but for any of the older players? Or people with medical issues that play these games to escape their tortured, and limited, lives?

Someone using a mouth control can function in games like this very well, and may be able to do some Minigames, but what if they want to play a bard? And suddenly have to play guitar hero to do it? Lol.

Games are supposed to be about the skills of your character, not the player. There’s enough of that sort of thing during PvP, when you have to move and strike in battle.

5/20/2019 5:02:29 PM #2

I would not expect the Dev's to give any more dates be them soft or hard dates.

5/20/2019 5:10:04 PM #3

Posted By Xefipor at 1:02 PM - Mon May 20 2019

I would not expect the Dev's to give any more dates be them soft or hard dates.

Darn.... OK Ill just have to keep my eyes/ears open then

I don't mind them choosing Minigames just as long as some of them are less skill/mobility and more percentage 'sliders' and 'discovery' based

5/20/2019 5:22:57 PM #4

If im not mistaken, the minigames were part of the first designsystem for crafting. But SBS later changed it to the "hands on" system we will see soon and have read up about in the two devjounals Crafting Redux and Farming?

5/20/2019 6:28:37 PM #5

Due to the current issues that the studio and people have with dates I would say that they won't, shouldn't and probably never would have given any anyway.

Now this isn't to say that I they shouldn't share some lovely titbits with us and I wouldn't love to see them!

5/20/2019 6:44:38 PM #6

Posted By Daarco at 11:22 AM - Mon May 20 2019

If im not mistaken, the minigames were part of the first designsystem for crafting. But SBS later changed it to the "hands on" system we will see soon and have read up about in the two devjounals Crafting Redux and Farming?

This is correct. The mini games are no more~

5/20/2019 6:58:46 PM #7

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 2:44 PM - Mon May 20 2019

Posted By Daarco at 11:22 AM - Mon May 20 2019

This is correct. The mini games are no more~

Hmmm ok was not aware of this... now Im even MORE curious as to how crafting will be done, ill double check the Crafting Redux & Farming Dev Journals see if Ive read them or over looked something, thanks!

5/20/2019 7:05:00 PM #8

Just to help clarify why we say the "minigames" are no more, I'd suggest checking on these two links.

Old crafting DJ
Crafting Redux

When we say minigames we mean the old outdated stuff is no more. Instead of something silly like tracing a blade, now you actually... well craft it. Smithing you may need to heat the blade properly, hit the right spots, and place it back in the coals to keep it hot, Alchemy you may have to set up your apparatuses in a specific configuration so that the ingredients transform from one state, to the next, to the final product.

For the record, I definitely am looking forward to more info on these :D