COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
SBS, you need to hand over scheduling duty to someone else

With the recent Discord salt explosion (I was their) and public verbal whipping/catharsis of Caspian for once again missing his own delivery date. I think SBS needs to seriously consider some internal reorganization.

We already have an excellent thread about the proposed methodology for how SBS should set a public feature delivery date. The community is in full agreement that dates with a 100% failure rate are doing more harm then good. I fully agree that a new methodology should be adopted, publicly, by SBS in which they clearly lay out their criteria for how they set their delivery dates. I won't take a position on the method as I'm addressing a different point, that no new methodology will be adequate to even begin to rebuilt trust at this point without a change of of the person behind the methodology.

We have been through this cycle of missed dates, followed by apologies and promises enough times that Caspian has lost all personal credibility on that front. It's become clear that Caspian is in need of an 'intervention' here as small-business owner taking on too much and too close to his own work to see it objectively, it's damaging the SBS brand and likely stressing the staff internally most especially Caspian himself. Any future public dates must be CREATED by and DISSEMINATED by a new individual, ideally one with some experience as a game producer who can do better then to simply pass on the estimates of programmers (aka their needs to be a difference between internal and external due-dates). Caspian is fully respected as a designer and as a distributor of game-play ideas/concepts etc, but at this point any date he were to give would be only salt in the wound.

A 'no dates at all' policy is an option too (again one I won't take a stand on), but if their are going to be public dates of any kind they can't be by or from Caspian.

I hope that the employees of SBS will echo this sentiment to Caspian personally and volunteer for this role. I honestly think this needs to be the companies top priority right now both internally and externally, even higher then getting D&SS out the door ASAP. If we muddle through this latest mess without a fundamental change I and many other will not only lose faith in delivery date (that hit-point pool now being empty) but the ability of SBS to course correct when faced with any problem.

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6

5/17/2019 8:20:49 PM #31

Posted By RedDoggybone at 2:05 PM - Fri May 17 2019

Posted By TheCoz at 02:15 AM - Thu May 16 2019

Posted By RedDoggybone at 10:35 AM - Wed May 15 2019

Posted By TheCoz at 12:46 PM - Wed May 15 2019

Loss of trust...huge problems...the same complainers are back at it again

lol

Wa Wa Wa a deadline wasn't met....boo fucking hoo

Games in development with a small team and finite resources

I hope the game comes out but I wont miss the few hundred bucks ive given them if it doesnt.

Ya'll are a bunch of entitled cry babies

I am not sure if you are aware but I am working on my own computer game. It's all about selling a bridge in Brooklyn. If you could just give me a few hundred bucks and say 2 or 3 decades I am sure I will have it before long. Or maybe I won't but I am sure to give you release updates that mean nothing at all any time you want them :)

Come up with a better game idea and Ill throw you some cash... until then scrub I shall drink to your game.

Hazzah! Fine ale shell flow in anciapaion of my first backer. Tell me kind whale of the future might thee have fellow whales willing to partake in our financial venture? I prefer the females of the species but beggars can not be choosers as they say.

Well you see kind whale, my idea for the game is there is this large heavily used expanse that traverses a large flow estuary. This expanse connects the counties of Brookline and Manny Hatten. Where they have many hats.

As it is. No more and no less. These many hats must be transported on this vast expanse in order for the rest of the kingdom to receive the many hats. The more hats we are able to cross the expanse with before it collapses, the more turtle white doves we may purchase for the talkywackers to transmute into pollywags. The rest of the game speaks for itself. If you and your fellow whales were to fund my game I can guarantee you a prime spot in the halls of Vicks. Where you will be rubbed down nightly. Or daily. Your choice. By 99 vestiule virgins.

When may I expect your check?

I'm sorry good sir, all mine money is currently tied up in a number of accounts under investigation. If you were to send poste haste a wire containing your account number and validation details, I could rapidly move the money into your account, and we could split the money most evenly, to fund your spectacular cetacea millinery venture.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

5/17/2019 8:31:49 PM #32

Posted By BioRules at 4:20 PM - Fri May 17 2019

Posted By RedDoggybone at 2:05 PM - Fri May 17 2019

Posted By TheCoz at 02:15 AM - Thu May 16 2019

Posted By RedDoggybone at 10:35 AM - Wed May 15 2019

Posted By TheCoz at 12:46 PM - Wed May 15 2019

Loss of trust...huge problems...the same complainers are back at it again

lol

Wa Wa Wa a deadline wasn't met....boo fucking hoo

Games in development with a small team and finite resources

I hope the game comes out but I wont miss the few hundred bucks ive given them if it doesnt.

Ya'll are a bunch of entitled cry babies

I am not sure if you are aware but I am working on my own computer game. It's all about selling a bridge in Brooklyn. If you could just give me a few hundred bucks and say 2 or 3 decades I am sure I will have it before long. Or maybe I won't but I am sure to give you release updates that mean nothing at all any time you want them :)

Come up with a better game idea and Ill throw you some cash... until then scrub I shall drink to your game.

Hazzah! Fine ale shell flow in anciapaion of my first backer. Tell me kind whale of the future might thee have fellow whales willing to partake in our financial venture? I prefer the females of the species but beggars can not be choosers as they say.

Well you see kind whale, my idea for the game is there is this large heavily used expanse that traverses a large flow estuary. This expanse connects the counties of Brookline and Manny Hatten. Where they have many hats.

As it is. No more and no less. These many hats must be transported on this vast expanse in order for the rest of the kingdom to receive the many hats. The more hats we are able to cross the expanse with before it collapses, the more turtle white doves we may purchase for the talkywackers to transmute into pollywags. The rest of the game speaks for itself. If you and your fellow whales were to fund my game I can guarantee you a prime spot in the halls of Vicks. Where you will be rubbed down nightly. Or daily. Your choice. By 99 vestiule virgins.

When may I expect your check?

I'm sorry good sir, all mine money is currently tied up in a number of accounts under investigation. If you were to send poste haste a wire containing your account number and validation details, I could rapidly move the money into your account, and we could split the money most evenly, to fund your spectacular cetacea millinery venture.

Forsooth and what not here is the information you requested.

account number= 1

validation details= I, Redoggybones mother validate that he is him. Mama Doggybone ESQ.

This might really be happening!

5/17/2019 10:01:54 PM #33

Would appreciate it if we stayed on topic, this is a serious thread. So far down-voting is surprising light, their are a lot of folks in agreement with my proposal.

So far only contrary arguments seem to be 1) 'Your creating drama' which is not even an argument on the merits, not to mention spurious as were in a aftermath of a drama bomb and the point of the proposal is to avoid future detonations. 2) 'I trust SBS so their for you should refrain from expecting any change from them' which I have already adressed in detail.

Lets get right down to brass-tacks, dose anyone opposed to my proposal want to start making bets that the next delivery date given to us by Caspian will be meet? What odds do you offer? I'm sure we can find counter-parties for any size bet you want to make. Step up and put your money where your mouth is.

5/18/2019 1:17:16 AM #34

Posted By Lodrig at 06:01 AM - Sat May 18 2019

Would appreciate it if we stayed on topic, this is a serious thread. So far down-voting is surprising light, their are a lot of folks in agreement with my proposal.

So far only contrary arguments seem to be 1) 'Your creating drama' which is not even an argument on the merits, not to mention spurious as were in a aftermath of a drama bomb and the point of the proposal is to avoid future detonations. 2) 'I trust SBS so their for you should refrain from expecting any change from them' which I have already adressed in detail.

Lets get right down to brass-tacks, dose anyone opposed to my proposal want to start making bets that the next delivery date given to us by Caspian will be meet? What odds do you offer? I'm sure we can find counter-parties for any size bet you want to make. Step up and put your money where your mouth is.

Well, you have completely skipped the point: how to ensure the next guy will perform better?

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

5/18/2019 2:06:04 AM #35

Posted By Lodrig at 3:01 PM - Fri May 17 2019

I'm your huckleberry.

5/18/2019 4:36:56 AM #36

can Caspian bet on himself?

5/18/2019 4:51:34 AM #37

Posted By Caspian at 10:06 AM - Sat May 18 2019

I'm your huckleberry.

Now I'm picturing Caspian as Doc Holliday, and Lodrig as Johnny Ringo from the movie Tombstone, right at the moment Johnny Ringo shits himself and realises he can't win the duel.

Love that movie,

5/18/2019 5:02:17 AM #38

Posted By tathen at 11:36 PM - Fri May 17 2019

can Caspian bet on himself?

Hell yes, he can.

...as long as he doesn't bet against himself, we're all good. Then he'd just throw it to win the bet.

5/18/2019 6:35:00 AM #39

Probably doesn't have much to do with being a business owner or overstretching oneself. Generally, in my experience, artists and developers tend to have totally unrealistic expectations of how long something will take them to complete. Generally, multiplying their estimates by 3-5 tends to work out pretty well for me.

There probably is some mathematical system for inputting data points to project how long subsequent stuff might take. I'm sure someone's thought about it at some point...

5/18/2019 9:15:07 AM #40

Posted By Caspian at 10:06 PM - Fri May 17 2019

I'm your huckleberry.

Can you clarify? Also are you considering the proposal? You really should.

5/18/2019 10:42:10 AM #41

Hate to shoot this down. I thought he agreed to stop giving dates.

While I'm leaning with the detractors progress leads to fun.

Here's to hoping for the maps soon. An we can resume the "storm".

5/18/2019 3:15:10 PM #42

Posted By Caspian at 7:06 PM - Fri May 17 2019

I'm your huckleberry.

Actually, this isn’t a bad idea. Election gambling is often more accurate at predicting the outcomes of elections than the best polling or political punditry is. Perhaps scheduling by wager would be equally predictive, with the benefit of possibly producing revenue rather than paying a scheduler.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

5/18/2019 10:48:59 PM #43

When you've been in it for 3 yrs, a few more months is no big deal....people need to relax a bit....

5/19/2019 5:55:20 AM #44

Posted By Caspian at 9:06 PM - Fri May 17 2019

I'm your huckleberry.

Had to look that quote up and watch the whole scene :D

If you like alchemy, settle in Amestrys. If you can find it...(NA-E)

5/19/2019 7:47:01 PM #45

GRRR...

Should I do a rant post?

Is it really worth doing?

After work and I'll do it! Then I'll bath in all the down votes again!