COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
It's been 3 years

...since I've last logged into this place. I have no idea what the news is or the state of the game, all I know is I finally left WoW and have an RPG itch to scratch. I have money, and can buy one of the pledge packages in a week or so once my paycheck comes around. Which should I buy? (Note, I'm a pvp strategist esc player, so I like the combat, and I like the leading.) Basically It's coming down to whether Bloodline is worth it, AND if you can upgrade your pledge post buy. So if I get Pioneer, could I upgrade to Bloodline in like a month with extra money?

Every noob has a 101 questions before they git gud. I'm that noob.

5/3/2019 3:44:55 AM #1

Personally I'm blood line, I don't feel the need to spend more since I don't want to be in a position where I have to take care of a settlement or county. Just want to have my house, my land and go out adventuring.

Right now the game is still in pre-alpha, and the Domain & Settlement Selection event just started. Monarchs have started to pick their kingdoms on the maps each server voted for. Next are Dukes, then Counts and Mayors/Barons. By the end of may we should have very detailed world maps for each server with Biomes/Kingdoms/Settlements. If you want to be part of nobility you can still pick after that by the way, but obviously the longer you wait the less settlements will be available. You can still wait for Exposition after Beta Testing and start from scratch there by spending EP.

From what SBS has hinted Alpha 1 should start this year. Still no official release date for the finished game. Considering we're still in pre-alpha, in my opinion this game won't be released before at least two or three years. It should still be fun to take part into Beta and Exposition though.

5/3/2019 3:48:31 AM #2

Of course it will. Always liked beta progressing, get to know the quirks firsthand. So Bloodline says it offers: 2 Sparks of Life & 3 Souls (I assume this means 2 characters to create, and 3+ months of playtime) Custom Surname (I already bought this, does this mean I get a second one?) Family Coat of Arms (I think I know what a picture is lol)

Does it get the other reward stuff too?

Every noob has a 101 questions before they git gud. I'm that noob.

5/3/2019 3:57:43 AM #3

Posted By Blazerawl at

...since I've last logged into this place. I have no idea what the news is or the state of the game, all I know is I finally left WoW and have an RPG itch to scratch. I have money, and can buy one of the pledge packages in a week or so once my paycheck comes around. Which should I buy? (Note, I'm a pvp strategist esc player, so I like the combat, and I like the leading.) Basically It's coming down to whether Bloodline is worth it, AND if you can upgrade your pledge post buy. So if I get Pioneer, could I upgrade to Bloodline in like a month with extra money?

If you're mostly interested in fighting, I'd say Bloodline covers all the bases. If you really don't care about the name though, as a soldier archetype it doesn't really matter. You'll get to where you're trying to get via sword point, not inheritance.

Friend Code: 1C7762

5/3/2019 4:00:05 AM #4

Posted By Blazerawl at 9:48 PM - Thu May 02 2019

Of course it will. Always liked beta progressing, get to know the quirks firsthand. So Bloodline says it offers: 2 Sparks of Life & 3 Souls (I assume this means 2 characters to create, and 3+ months of playtime) Custom Surname (I already bought this, does this mean I get a second one?) Family Coat of Arms (I think I know what a picture is lol)

Easiest way I find to think about it: Soul = potential character (traits, past life exp, etc), Spark is a potentially year of game time, assuming you don't die constantly or murder people a lot which can potentially reduce that time.

Friend Code: 1C7762

5/3/2019 3:41:52 PM #5

The big thing about bloodline for my friend was the fact that he got to hop in on exposition with me and help build a world three months before the official launch.

5/3/2019 5:33:00 PM #6

Posted By Blazerawl at 10:48 PM - Thu May 02 2019

Close, but not exactly.

Souls are actually the characters (or character slots) and sparks of life are the “subscription time”. They’re not exactly a specified amount of time (although approx one year if you don’t die a lot). They’re valid for the lifespan of your character, and last until your character dies for good. Souls will last forever, and will store your “soul progression” as in skill ramps. Similar to how character progression works.

You do not get a second surname, but you will get a rename scroll to rename your family if you change your mind. The main theme of bloodline is starting your own family of status, with their own unique surname and coat of arms (like a family crest/weapon). You can feature this coat of arms on many things, flags, clothing, shields, etc.

You can upgrade from one package to another and you’ll just pay the difference, but keep in mind anything you buy outside of a package will not reduce the cost of the next package.

Oh and bloodline gets access to exposition, which is some kind of early access in order to help build the world and give your family some unique backstory in-world. Basically what you do during exposition sets up your families immediate history.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

5/6/2019 4:07:00 PM #7

Yeah, if you want to play in expo I'd do bloodline and upgrade as you see fit.

-Wayland Ade'Braeden, Judicator of IronCall, Tritea Duchy of the High Seas.

Friend Code: 2D1330

"The wave returns to the ocean..."

7/11/2019 11:39:18 AM #8

I would get the $75 package.

Alt text - can be left blank

7/11/2019 1:36:16 PM #9

I started on KS, and pledged the $50. Since 2016 I have upgraded and purchased the Proprietor package, and some of the other side stuff. Like the Otterbear mount. I mean Who wouldn't want to ride a freaking Otterbear?

It's all based off what you want to put into CoE. You gotta remember though that things like mounts age and die, and can be killed just like everything else in the game. It's possible that you could spend $30 for a mount and have it get eaten within the first our of game play.

You can always up your pledge package. Until the point SBS locks them. Like they have locked being able to purchase single Alpha and Beta access.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

7/11/2019 6:12:48 PM #10

I only recently discovered COE, been binging information over the last couple weeks to learn everything I can. After seeing enough screen shots and video's I hesitantly decided to get Bloodline pack.

I'm pretty frugal with my earnings, and have no desire to spend any more for now. I'm content with the ability to choose my surname and have a strong starting position. When the game comes out I'll start an inn and tavern, build up my family, and work to make a profit. If I ever become a noble, mayor, count, etc, it will be because I've earned, and I am fine playing the long game.

Looks can be deceiving.

7/11/2019 7:22:40 PM #11

Posted By JediAssassin at 11:12 AM - Thu Jul 11 2019

I only recently discovered COE, been binging information over the last couple weeks to learn everything I can. After seeing enough screen shots and video's I hesitantly decided to get Bloodline pack.

I'm pretty frugal with my earnings, and have no desire to spend any more for now. I'm content with the ability to choose my surname and have a strong starting position. When the game comes out I'll start an inn and tavern, build up my family, and work to make a profit. If I ever become a noble, mayor, count, etc, it will be because I've earned, and I am fine playing the long game.

Solid plan and a strong start.

7/13/2019 2:58:26 AM #12

rip

8/24/2019 6:45:56 AM #13

Posted By Winston_Goodman at 10:44 PM - Thu May 02 2019

Personally I'm blood line, I don't feel the need to spend more since I don't want to be in a position where I have to take care of a settlement or county. Just want to have my house, my land and go out adventuring.

Right now the game is still in pre-alpha, and the Domain & Settlement Selection event just started. Monarchs have started to pick their kingdoms on the maps each server voted for. Next are Dukes, then Counts and Mayors/Barons. By the end of may we should have very detailed world maps for each server with Biomes/Kingdoms/Settlements. If you want to be part of nobility you can still pick after that by the way, but obviously the longer you wait the less settlements will be available. You can still wait for Exposition after Beta Testing and start from scratch there by spending EP.

From what SBS has hinted Alpha 1 should start this year. Still no official release date for the finished game. Considering we're still in pre-alpha, in my opinion this game won't be released before at least two or three years. It should still be fun to take part into Beta and Exposition though.

its a sun bro! i like your picture and yeah i agree with your post atleast about how it should be fun i dunno about the rest

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

8/25/2019 2:54:08 AM #14

Honestly I would get to know each of the communities as there may be some free packages left over and then you can just upgrade to blood at a cheaper price while also having a great starting community or acquaintances. Also anything in any lower packages comes with the higher ones. If you have any questions concerning events and anything coming up feel free to ask. It seems like a decent spread of people from different areas have answered you so far so i'm sure they can provide info as well so youll have different view points. Hope this helped.