COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Purchasing Packages

I wanted to buy the Pioneer package but it wants me to put in a billing address but I'm not entirely comfortable with that as I would rather just pay with my card and link it to this account, does it ask for a card afterwards or is it going to appear on the house bill?

P.S I'm British and billing addresses are a uncommon thing to ask for here personally.

5/2/2019 10:11:38 AM #1

After proceeding from the billing address it will open up Xsolla's payment window where you can choose your payment method like credit card, PayPal etc. so it's not going on the house bill.

I think the billing address is required to verify it against the information of your credit card.

5/2/2019 10:57:52 AM #2

Posted By samchu12 at

P.S I'm British and billing addresses are a uncommon thing to ask for here personally.

I'm British and billing addresses are not at all uncommon. Almost everything you order online, or via the phone will require a billing address (sometimes this is linked with the shipping address).

The reason most companies require a billing address is that it's a fairly simple method of remote fraud prevention. Your billing address is compared with the address that the bank has for the card.

Coming Soon(tm)

5/2/2019 11:59:38 AM #3

I'm 100% with chip, I always get asked for a billing address so not sure what the OP is talking about

5/2/2019 3:35:56 PM #4

Another uk citizen here. Billing addresses are totally common here.

5/2/2019 6:02:02 PM #5

Ive never gotten anything in the mail from them or any bills so if you just dont want someone in the household to know. You good... You good. ;-)

5/2/2019 11:26:46 PM #6

Thanks, I spoke to some other people

I "Thought" they were uncommon because it was allowing me to input a "State". In addition I seem to have conveniently only bought things from websites that did not require this billing address and i was not really aware of them until now.

Guess its my fault for not buying enough stuff, haha. Sorry for the assumption.