COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
Too Funny (but still a bug) in Biomes-Profile-Set-01 Document

With domain selection upon us, some biome-related PDFs were shared with the Monarchs. Dleatherus of Bordweall in turn shared these documents with the members of his Kingdom.

In the first document, entitled Biome-Profiles-Set-01.pdf, I found this gem in the Lower Montane Forest section:

"The lower montane forest, as its namesake suggests, lies between the foothills and mid-montane altitudes - from 1400m above sea level and down to around 300m at their lowest point. Obviously made of SPIDERS, it sits well below the snowline, and often in the shadow of great peaks, so annual SPIDERfall is between 100-200cm. Comprised largely of coniferous forests interspersed with high-altitude plains, the somewhat acidic soil retains around 50% of SPIDER due to deep root systems that support underground aquifers. As a result, there are a variety of tree types, flowering or berry-producing shrubs, and grasses that attract a good amount of small and large game, and their natural predators. Settlements tend to be near mountain SPIDER streams and lakes of SPIDER, as SPIDER access is important for both industry and mobility."

Note that I have used ALL CAPS and italics to call out all of the SPIDER references in order to make them easier to see.

I laughed so hard when I first read this that I had tears coming out of my eyes, though of course this seems to be a case of find and replace run amok. There were also several SPIDER references in the other sections of this document, but I did not observe any spider references in the Set-02 document. We only received the Set-01 and Set-02 documents, though we noted that none of the biomes for the Kingdom of Bordweall (Kingdom 5 on the Luna server) were present in either document. So the SPIDERS might still be running amok in those documents!

Bordweall blames Vye (the queen of spiders) for this, though, all in all, we are rather glad to NOT be in the lower montane forest with it's spidery forest and annual spiderfall.

Enjoy!

Dras healer in service to Kingdom of Bordweall (NA-E) || Duchy of Bloodbole

5/9/2019 5:19:07 AM #1

These documents were written by Vye.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

5/9/2019 8:07:16 AM #2

Not sure why we needed to know who was to blame, just own it as a company mistake as a whole and comment that they will be corrected.

Unless your hinting that she did it for a laugh. Not really sure with your post

5/9/2019 8:53:05 AM #3

Yes. pointing out that the document was written by Vye (the Spider Queen) denotes that it is for humour. If you read the documents the spider words are all in place of (some type of) water or moisture. They were used by Vye as place-holder words while they were still determining amounts or type. For example spiderfall could have either been rainfall or snowfall.

Regular English versions were released as well. The spider versions were released as humour.

5/9/2019 11:01:38 AM #4

She's obviously been consulting the Web . . .

Physician, Alchemist & Herbalist to the Duchy of Anor, Al-Khezam - Selene (EU) Server

5/9/2019 11:17:36 AM #5

Hmm, disappointing to hear it was only an attempt at humor, I rather liked the idea of a spider realm ...pity.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

5/9/2019 12:36:01 PM #6

Posted By Devilkyn at 09:53 AM - Thu May 09 2019

Yes. pointing out that the document was written by Vye (the Spider Queen) denotes that it is for humour. If you read the documents the spider words are all in place of (some type of) water or moisture. They were used by Vye as place-holder words while they were still determining amounts or type. For example spiderfall could have either been rainfall or snowfall.

Regular English versions were released as well. The spider versions were released as humour.

I don't think it does denote that it's meant at humour unless you are a long time member of this community. Any new comer would see one team member blaming another for errors

5/9/2019 2:24:56 PM #7

You don't have to be mad about not getting an inside joke

I don't know anymore.

5/9/2019 3:41:01 PM #8

Forgot to post a bad translation of a german phrase that fits here, but better late than never: "I think I spider"

5/9/2019 6:10:58 PM #9

Posted By Sir_Skylos at 05:36 AM - Thu May 09 2019

I don't think it does denote that it's meant at humour unless you are a long time member of this community. Any new comer would see one team member blaming another for errors

The distribution list was the kings and queens. Further distribution, while inevitable, was not the planned audience. Royalty are necessarily long time member of the community and part of the in group on the in joke. And it was quite funny.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

5/9/2019 6:39:51 PM #10

Posted By Beathan at 7:10 PM - Thu May 09 2019

The distribution list was the kings and queens. Further distribution, while inevitable, was not the planned audience. Royalty are necessarily long time member of the community and part of the in group on the in joke. And it was quite funny.

It might have been an inside joke but it has been brought to these forums and anyone can see the posts here. Therefore it has been taken from away from the long term community and into the public domain. This ensures that now anyone new to the community and not aware of the long standing joke can see and assume that one team member is passing blame onto another...

A bit like what has been happening in discord lately and being laughed about on other public forums.

Got to love those dislikes for pointing out that new people to the community might see this post and feel the team is attacking each other...

5/9/2019 6:47:22 PM #11

Posted By Sir_Skylos at 11:39 AM - Thu May 09 2019

It might have been an inside joke but it has been brought to these forums and anyone can see the posts here. Therefore it has been taken from away from the long term community and into the public domain. This ensures that now anyone new to the community and not aware of the long standing joke can see and assume that one team member is passing blame onto another...

A bit like what has been happening in discord lately and being laughed about on other public forums.

Got to love those dislikes for pointing out that new people to the community might see this post and feel the team is attacking each other...

Yes. SBS is too open and transparent with its gamer community and has been punished for that repeatedly. It's sad. That was one of the more noble parts of its experiment -- and the idea that gamers should be kept in the dark and fed like mushrooms will not be lost on other developers. We will likely not see such an open development process ever again.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

5/9/2019 9:34:18 PM #12

Man you must be super fun at parties

5/9/2019 9:56:36 PM #13

Not sure I want to visit the Montane Spider Forest. Whether it be upper or lower montanes, a spider forest would give me the creeps.

5/9/2019 10:49:18 PM #14

Posted By Nubz_Unite at 10:34 PM - Thu May 09 2019

Man you must be super fun at parties

Yep your right I am, life and soul of the party right here

5/9/2019 10:54:23 PM #15

Who would have thought someone would have such a problem about one little joke.