COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Children and Family Aspects

Hello(:

As I read some more topics on the forums, I came across the mechanics of children and pregnancy, etc. While I understand on a mechanical aspect of how there is no pregnancy or sexual interactions, but contracts replacing that, how would you go about in a roleplay sense?

Would it be safe to imply that pregnancy exists in roleplay, but NOT through the mechanics? Or can I say a stork delivered me a baby a week later after writing the contract?

Just curious as to how this is going to work out and how everyone else understands this as this might influence how I plan on my future character writing novels that could possibly contain this(:

4/23/2019 1:40:50 AM #1

Just assume people have sex but it's just not shown.

Like pooping.

4/23/2019 1:44:15 AM #2

There really isnt anything to it other than "I signed this contract and we now have a kid and now I'm on a cooldown from having a kid"

You can fancy it up with RP if you'd like, but there is no mechanics other than that to say/show it

4/23/2019 1:52:17 AM #3

Does anyone know if that child is going to be a thing after the cooldown with in-game mechanics? Will you see it in a crib or anything? Or will you just have to wait a while until the child is old enough to run around?

4/23/2019 2:48:56 AM #4

IIRC, the child is created immediately upon execution of a baby contract. I don't know the how's of it (ie a child in a crib, a knock on the door, etc) nor does that seem like an overly important detail at this stage.

4/23/2019 4:19:18 AM #5

Last thing I read was that kids will be ageing just like everyone else, you just don't have to worry about something like changing their diaper or what not. AI will be in place for 0-13, but you can still interact with them to help bolster skills later on.

This was posted a while ago though so keep that in mind.

4/23/2019 6:02:58 AM #6

Since an Elyrian year is a RL week, role-playing pregnancy is a very time-constrained activity.

4/24/2019 10:24:41 PM #7

As said above, last thing I heard was the AI from 0-13. The contract will be in place, you go on cooldown for a week, and then can repeat the process.

You could, in all technicality roleplay it out if you so desired, but the child itself will be AI for the time being. It will be interesting to learn more about the child system in the coming months.

4/24/2019 11:10:39 PM #8

I like the contract and poof having actually gone through that in real life has really set the bar. Just let me sign on the dotted line any day.

No single word in English renders all the shades of toska

4/25/2019 12:00:46 AM #9

Alright, thanks for the answers(: was mostly curious for my writing I was doing (and to know if I'm just going to have some preteen child poof into existence the second after a child contract is made).

4/25/2019 3:15:11 AM #10

Maybe the species of mann lays eggs instead of giving "live" birth?

4/25/2019 3:25:25 AM #11

Sexting in ingame chat. That’s the traditional way.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

4/25/2019 3:25:37 AM #12

I'm imagining it being similar to The Sims. Something happens, but you don't really see it. And then all of a sudden a baby in a crib appears in the room.

Although I hope that's not the case and the baby doesn't just appear in a puff of smoke.

Alt text - can be left blank

4/25/2019 6:58:19 AM #13

Yes, I am indeed happy to hear about actually seeing the kids age. The whole "Child Contract" seems weird to me as it is, but that would be multiplied if the kids popped in at 13 from the get go. I do understand why it is that way too but it will be nice to hopefully get more information as time progresses for sure.

5/13/2019 5:30:43 PM #14

I would like to see some animations of pregnancy and a little sex :) Also like the idea of being mother in the family and take care about childrens to keep a bloodline. It supposed to be one of the option to maintain family name and lands.

5/13/2019 6:14:33 PM #15

Then this isn’t the game for you I’m afraid. Because pregnancy and sex will not be in game. That isn’t the kind of game this is and that won’t change as it would change a lot about the game and the rating of the game. It’s already on a hard firm stance from the game creator.