COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
please help me remember an epic mmo

a long time ago 10-15 years i played an mmo called 'chronicles, something something', it started with chronicles and i cant remember the name anymore! Their servers went offline after me playing it for 1 week ( i fell completely in love with the mmo), so the game is not active anymore,

Does anyone know the name of this game? or do you know any other mmo's that started with chronicles…?

i would love to know what happened!! if you have an idea what the mmo was called please let me know!

3/27/2019 1:07:56 AM #1

Maybe Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted or Emil Chronicle Online? Both are from around that time and I think both of them have had at least some servers shut down 10 years ago.

3/27/2019 1:20:37 AM #2

Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted and The Chronicles of Spellborn were the only two I could find.

3/27/2019 1:21:55 AM #3

You're thinking of star wars galaxies pre-NGE.

The name isn't similar but we all process grief differently.

3/27/2019 2:16:17 AM #4

The Chronicles of Spellborn>?

Not quite fifteen years ago ;) circa 2008-09.

Was a Dutch game. Maybe that one>?

Imgur

3/27/2019 5:02:01 AM #5

Istaria was originally Horizons, I remember that one: You could play as a dragon. I actually worked on another MMO, Auto Assault, with one of the devs on that team. However, like a few others, I'm wondering if you're referring to Chronicles of Spellborn. It had a similar philosophy to CoE, in some ways.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
3/27/2019 7:46:44 AM #6

Pretty sure you can still play Istaria.

I played it for a bit when it launched as Horizons. Not bad, had some interesting ideas.

Snipehunter, I played Auto Assault! I was all about those Biomek. I really enjoyed that game and I was sad to see it go.

3/27/2019 8:16:11 AM #7

RIP Spellborn awesome game bad money management

3/27/2019 10:03:17 AM #8

yes Chornicles of spellborn that was the game! i will try to get on a private server :D , hmm yeah the game got closed down 9 years ago

3/27/2019 1:46:14 PM #9

Posted By Snipehunter at 4:02 PM - Wed Mar 27 2019

Istaria was originally Horizons, I remember that one: You could play as a dragon. I actually worked on another MMO, Auto Assault, with one of the devs on that team. However, like a few others, I'm wondering if you're referring to Chronicles of Spellborn. It had a similar philosophy to CoE, in some ways.

I alpha and beta tested Horizons: Chronicles of Istaria, it had ground breaking ideas that they could never fully implement.

3/27/2019 1:50:23 PM #10

Posted By Ineluki at 08:46 AM - Wed Mar 27 2019

Posted By Snipehunter at 4:02 PM - Wed Mar 27 2019

I alpha and beta tested Horizons: Chronicles of Istaria, it had ground breaking ideas that could never fully implement.

Yeah. RIP to the idea of PvP in the afterlife waged by demons and angels. I was really looking forward to that.

8/2/2019 10:12:57 AM #11

OMG ITS BACK! https://spellborn.org/

8/2/2019 10:22:39 AM #12

I state: SPELLBORN REBORN Since the shutdown, a group of enthousiasts started a project called Spellborn Reborn. Together they tried reverse engineering the game, trying to create a game server for people to join.

Now, more than 10 years later, the moment has finally come for everybody to play this rough diamond once more, complete with new bugfixes and unreleased content.

Set foot in the Enclave and amaze yourself once more of the stunning shards that the game offers.