COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
About Language Translation

I'd like to play a game in Japanese. Can I translate the language? Can we cooperate with it?

3/29/2019 8:38:33 PM #1

We currently don't have plans to localize the game in Japanese before launch and we wouldn't have the resources to directly support you in your efforts.

That being said, there is nothing stopping you from translating any of our content for others to enjoy in Japanese.

Thank you for your inquiry!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

4/3/2019 1:41:55 PM #2

Posted By Serpentius at 9:38 PM - Fri Mar 29 2019

We currently don't have plans to localize the game in Japanese before launch and we wouldn't have the resources to directly support you in your efforts.

That being said, there is nothing stopping you from translating any of our content for others to enjoy in Japanese.

Thank you for your inquiry!

any plans for community-efforts for ingame-translations instead of just having an english gameclient? I've played many games and found lots of issues with localization in those games... its either bad or too expensive I guess. If there was a way for players to translate stuff they come across while playing, I can see that work quite well... If I imagine, that those thousands of bugreports done for lotro would all be irrelevant, if I could just write some community-patches for those phrases myself, then I'd certainly have better feelings for that game.

I'll prefer no localization and just an english client over doing it as bad as some games... but not having the game translated reduces the possible playerbase.

(german player)

Friend Code: 30EF47

4/4/2019 7:02:24 AM #3

I'm used to play my games in english since it's much easier for a global communication. By my experience it's always getting tricky if it's about any flowers, materials and even locations.

But as I am german as well.. (Hi Gromschlog) I know about the lack of english skills here. So if there wouldn't be a translated client it would predictably have a huge impact on the german talking player base. For Japanese though I have no idea. But generally me and probably tons of other people wouldn't mind to do some translation work in case of need.