COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Climate map

I made a map that shows (approximately) the climate of the regions.

Disclaimer

this map is as close to accurate as I could get based on the info from CoE discord, Forums and Wiki. By no means am I an expert in this subject and all biomes do not follow a hard and fast rule.

Use this as a guideline to which crops are likely to grow well in each region. Most crops can grow anywhere provided enough care is given for them, but this map attempts to show which plants should do well even with minimal care.

Note that apart from climate, other factors matter as well, such as soil acidity, water and sun exposure, nutrients, etc.

There may be errors in it.

UPDATED probably more accurate now

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

3/23/2019 4:20:00 PM #1

I imagine you pulled most of this from discord, and serps post here to help you with nailing down which biomes are what.

Looks great, definitely helpful to see! Now I just have to wait for the NA-W one :P

3/23/2019 4:51:06 PM #2

Yes, I used discord as a guide mostly, also I didn't follow exactly the duchy borders, but the visual representation of the land.

For example that area in between K4 and K5 had some clear grassy patch in what's supposed to be shrub steppe (which, according to Caspian, is Arid "but you may have some luck with some temperate plants" - but since that patch looked very green, and it's next to grasslands, I'd figure that would be a transitional biome). So there's some judgement calls, especially on the transitions.

Order of IX

3/23/2019 4:55:20 PM #3

I mostly doubt about the marsh, as it is probably a transitional biome, but I don't think arid is accurate, it's probably not 100% tropical either, perhaps it's tropical/temperate.

Order of IX

3/24/2019 1:09:42 AM #4

Order of IX

3/24/2019 8:47:41 PM #5

Nice. Now do Selenes map. :-p

3/25/2019 6:34:36 PM #6

Updated:

Order of IX

3/29/2019 6:07:54 AM #7

Hi, sorry to be a pain but can you tell me where the split between Temperate and Arid is on the maps provided? I've got a bit of a color deficiency where color shades that are close to each other will appear the same to me. Needless to say, the colors used to show Temperate and Arid are two such shades that appear the same.

3/29/2019 4:51:55 PM #8

Posted By Tilarium at 01:07 AM - Fri Mar 29 2019

Hi, sorry to be a pain but can you tell me where the split between Temperate and Arid is on the maps provided? I've got a bit of a color deficiency where color shades that are close to each other will appear the same to me. Needless to say, the colors used to show Temperate and Arid are two such shades that appear the same.

Oh, I could make the same map with different colors if that helps.
Maybe I can use a shade of brown for arid?

Anyway, kingdom 4 is completely arid (with the neran biome also allowing some temperate crops).
The woodland savanna and the salt marsh are arid / tropical (although I am less sure about the salt marsh), those are the arid (or semi arid) regions.

Order of IX