The County of Vargos

Capital City: Trivia

Count: Maghetti Kalvari, Warden of Drakeolm

County: Vargos

Duchy: Drakeolm

Kingdom: Blackheart

Server: NA-West

Vargos at a Glance

Vargos is a centrally located military hub county with extensive military infrastructure for the purpose of offensive and defensive military operations and an industrial farming based economy with a minor focus in sustainable resource extraction.

About Vargos

Vargos is a military and farming focused county centered around Trivia, a hub barony built in a strategically placed central location for the purpose of housing, supporting, and in times of need, organizing the duchy military for offensive and defensive operations. The heart of Vargos will be Trivia, the county capital, a barony built to include defensive walls, training grounds, a massive armory, barracks, stables, granaries, roads too and from militarized border zones, and a military HQ, all built to hold and support entire kingdom or duchy armies in times of need. In less dangerous times the population will be smaller and these resources will be utilized to combat internal threats such as banditry, training and war games, mapping, scouting, road protection, etc. To support this economically, beyond duchy funding, extensive support will be provided to farming development across the entire county to fill our granaries and prepare us to feed bloated armies or fend off sieges, as well as support the sustainable extraction of raw resources for trading purposes. There is also a strong desire for individuals and groups with militarily useful professions such as blacksmiths, masons, engineers, cartographers fletchers, and so on.

County Focus

Military

In duchy Drakeolm the de facto military organization and duchy army is the Bloodswords, and it is through the Bloodswords we will largely organize and operate. As a high ranking member of the Bloodswords, as well as the acting Warden of Drakeolm, I will use my position and resources to stamp out threats to the duchy that arise internally and along the border, as well as providing a staging ground for organizing the greater military for large scale operations.

The Terran Order: Outside of duchy and kingdom wide organizations Vargos will be creating the Terran Order, an order of everyday citizens, farmers and tradesmen, map makers and guards, the defensive levies needed to make safe our walls, our homes, and our lands in times of threat. Every Terran will be provided the basic training needed to perform defensive combat operation, such as some hand to hand combat, archery or another form of ranged attack, basic defense plans and the chains of command, etc. The order is meant to be a humble organization, providing the warm bodies necessary to hold the walls in times of raids or invasions long enough for proper field armies to relieve them. No citizen of Vargos is forced to be a terran, but it is highly encourages and will be highly incentivized. In practice Terrans are not expected to fight proper armies in open battle, and are expected to give up the fight when a loss is imminent. Incentives will be given to reward those to stand their ground but noone will be punished for breaking so long as the route comes at a time the defeat was clear.

Castle Trivia: While Trivia will be built more as a large permanent military encampment, meant to be capable of housing entire armies at times, rather than an impregnable fortress, castle Trivia is an exception to this. A small fist of a castle built inside the military city of Trivia, this castle will be small and compact, easily defended by a skeleton crew. This castle is meant for the more dire situations, an army has invaded and caught Trivia off guards. When the armies are away and the barony falls castle Trivia the last resort defensive instrument.

Economy

To support the military operations of Vargos an economy is needed. As such the economy of Vargos is based on farming, sustainable resource extraction, and other militarily useful professions.

Farming: To feed a large army that pops up overnight requires a lot of food, as such farming is my primary economic concern and the place I will most focus my efforts. My intention is to create a program to provide available farming lands to upstart farmers, as well as starting equipment and basic training needed to efficiently farm. I also intend to actively buy and sell good farmland, buying up unused farmland to sell to farmers and buying high quality farmland to sell to the best farmers. I want to help new farmers and I want to award the best for the greatest economic efficiency. Another program I intend to start is focused on gathering the best farming knowledge and technology and distributing it to citizens, making sure the farmers of Vargos are the best trained and using the latest and best techniques and technologies.

Animal Husbandry: With a likely placement in the shrub steppe grazing lands will likely be central to our economy. From raising livestock like sheep and goats, benefiting from the meat, milk, cheese, textiles, and skins, to horses and other mounts Vargos aims to fully utilize our resources, turning even low quality plants into major economic gains.

Resource Extraction: With Shrub Steppe to be our likely home there will be opportunities for stone quarries and ore mining and it is my intention to see this stone put to use bin all manner of construction projects, while ore can be converted into weapons and armor to equip our county militia and military.

Sustainable Resource Extraction: Here in Vargos, while we want to take raw resources and make something useful of them, our primary concern is the extraction of resources in a sustainable way. Whether it is iron, plants, trees, stone, if we have it in abundance I intend to extract it and sell it. Laws to prevent things like over hunting or deforestation will be enacted, lands surveyed, and when resources are found, lands bought up and sold to those interested in extracting them under our laws and guidelines.

Other Professions: A good military takes a lot of different skills to work effectively, or at all. It is my goal to attract and support nonmilitary professions that can be used to maintain our walls, heal our wounds, map our lands, etc. If you’re looking for a market for these sorts of skills, Vargos is the place to be.

Taxes: While we know little of the specific tax mechanics I do, as a general rule, favor a Scandinavian approach to governance and taxation. I suspect my taxes will be higher than the norm, but will be invested in great infrastructure, economic support programs, training, defense, etc.

Infrastructure

A central part of my governing ideology involves a love for infrastructure. As such I intend to build and support the development of high quality infrastructure, roads and walls in particular are highly desired to me, as well as the smaller details like road signs, traveler safe havens, etc. I believe this approach increases economic efficiency greatly and fills a lot of unnecessary holes in our military defenses as well.

Law & Government

When it comes law we as a county will be subject to kingdom and duchy law. In addition to that I do believe in sensible regulation and will look to use it where I can. Largely I will operate within the games mechanics, but I do intend to establish several supporting branches of government. I require a body to represent the citizenry and give them a greater voice in decision making, and a council of advisors and administrators to make use of proper delegation of tasks and to arm me with the best advice and expertise available.

Settlements of Vargos

Vargos is officially full on player run settlements! 7 settlements with 7 different player mayors!

Trivia: As the capitol of Vargos Trivia is its heart. Above all else Trivia is meant to be the military center of the county, and perhaps the region, a focal point that brings together the collective military strength of the region when needed, including the infrastructure and supplies necessary to support the swelling numbers Supporting this will be industries in fishing, farming, hunting, livestock, and many other professions.

Dragerra: Under Baron Jhereg's well fortified defenses, Dragerra rests easy on its claim to the best mounts and animals in the region. Underpinning everything is its excellent livestock, crop production, tailors and smiths. A good safe home for any would be crafter, adventurer, or warrior.

Dissent: Under Mayor Maynot The town of Dissent is built upon the principle that every mind should have a voice, and every voice should be heard. And as the many diplomats of this community will argue, none but a fool is suffered lightly. Founded in the bedrock with the strong backs of miners driving the economy, here you may find the architects of the deep, the keepers of the forest, and metallurgists who have brought the very strength of the mountain to heel. Come stand in unity, and voice your dissent.

Craigstead: Under Mayor Colfax Craigstead has a strong foundation in mining and will become the heart of County Vargos' stone production. The earth mined here will be the very stone to build the walls of the county. The people of Craigstead are looking for anyone interested in mining, building, smithing, and anything else to provide support to our main goal.

Drakon Keep: Under Mayor Madgab Drakon Keep is a sleepy little border fort, primarily waerd with a focus on animal husbandry, agriculture, and hunting.

Drakeranite. Under Mayor Mochavelli the hamlet of Drakeranite is defined by stone quarries, and lots of wild game for the hunt. The settlement will turn raw stone into building materials for the duchy at large and will be a good home for builders / masons as well as hunters.

Ulvden. Under Mayor Uffe Alsvartr Heðinn the Hamlet of Ulvden is a small village on the edge Drakeolm Duchy. Named for its pack like mentality this wolfs den is not to be over looked. With years of hunting and mining experience this community of predominantly Waerd are ready for the hunt.

The Warden of Drakeolm

If my ideas and structure do not pull you in, perhaps knowing a bit more about me and what I do will. I have been a gamer all my life, and in particular I played a little known MMO game of war and politics called Neveron. I played for 12 years and was a alliance leader for many of those. I have logged many thousands of hours as a leader in gaming and it is the role I feel most comfortable. I have unique experience commanding people in war scenarios where everything was on the line. As a member of Blackheart I was brought in by Duke Fengo and immediately jumped into an active role recruiting, organizing, and building us up. For my efforts I was awarded a special position known as the Warden, effectively the 2nd in command of the duchy and the right hand man of Duke and Duchess Fengo and Tenslea. Additionally, for my extensive experience and ability in military matters in this type of a game I was made one of the leading members of the Bloodswords.

As an individual I love every aspect involved in war, politics, and land management. I am a strong pvper and I intend to train my heart out on my COE combat skills, but my focus is definitely more on high level politics, warfare, and organization. I am patient and calm, calculating and considerate. I like to listen and believe leadership is more than giving commands, it is also about taking in feedback and empowering others through delegation. I can’t be the best at everything.

What We’re Looking For

Vargos will be very active, engaged in hunting bandits, border defense, organizing and training armies for kingdom and duchy, taking part in invasions. We will be in the thick of the politics, warfare, trade, espionage, and economic development within kingdom and duchy. So why Vargos? Opportunity of course. The opportunity to be part of something greater than yourself. A community, a purpose, a team, something to strive for. The opportunity for advancement into higher positions of power, fame, and wealth. The opportunity for fun, to be where the action is at, and to leave your own mark on the world. I believe in teamwork, organization, and empowerment. I want to be the best and I want to make you the best.

First and foremost I am seeking bold and ambitious players. I want strong leaders with years of experience in leadership positions, RL or gaming. I want skilled pvpers who knows when to be patience and when to aggressive and who knows how to work with a team. I am seeking inexperienced players as well, people who agree with my vision or who want to be part of a team. Give us the opportunity to build you up and make you the best you can be. We seek soldiers and scouts, assassins and spies, and all other military roles, farmers and anyone else interested in a profession you think could be of use.(The desire to kill things, or at least a willingness to face some level of danger is highly preferred.)

Contact

Discord Username: Maghetti Kalvari#1068

Kingdom Discord

Duchy Discord

County Discord

3/19/2019 1:03:05 AM #1

Drakeolm Duchy Gateway

3/19/2019 1:09:56 AM #2

Maghetti, this is a wonderful post.

If anyone is interested in joining Maghetti's group I strongly encourage it. I interact with him daily. He's an incredibly focused individual and sees projects to the end. I know should you join him that even with his firm-semi-strict nature he will do best by you, and will be totally committed to those that join him.

If your approach is to be technical, logical, and detail oriented then I would highly consider Maghetti's county. At the minimum take the time to join our Duchy and meet Maghetti and some of our Leadership.

3/19/2019 10:38:00 AM #3

I would have to agree with my dear friend Tarvald. Drakeolm is limitless with its leadership.

I too agree, wonderful post Maghetti.

3/31/2019 11:42:57 AM #4

Drakeolm is recruiting!

4/4/2019 2:19:53 AM #5

Hey that's a nice video ya got there ;)

4/9/2019 6:40:20 PM #6

Wonderful post! Big thumbs up from me.

4/12/2019 6:40:36 PM #7

Maghetti is one of the most approachable folks in Drakeolm and a wealth of information. Great post Mags.

4/17/2019 1:31:14 AM #8

Mags made me do this. T.T He's so bossy and organized. T.T Join his duchy and feel the... joy... of being bossed by him too. T.T

"Fantasy remains a human right: We make in our measure and in our derivative mode, because we are made; and not only made, but made in the image and likeness of a Maker" - J.R.R. Tolkien

4/26/2019 6:15:58 AM #9

Present and accounted for. :)

4/27/2019 2:31:28 AM #10

I dig it. The recent farming DJ is probably going to be important to you, when planning to feed an army!

5/3/2019 3:20:42 AM #11

Posted By Huntsmaster at 10:31 PM - Fri Apr 26 2019

I dig it. The recent farming DJ is probably going to be important to you, when planning to feed an army!

Indeed, I read it very thoroughly. The recent biome info that has come out has also given me a lot to work with when it comes to planning.

5/5/2019 4:41:22 PM #12

Some great ideas here, you'd be lucky to find a better County.

5/5/2019 8:53:48 PM #13

Lots of ideas being formulated, can't wait for the map to drop so we can really look at the layout of the land

5/5/2019 9:00:29 PM #14

When I was looking for a County I did my due diligence and found after much research that Magehetti of Vargos County was one of the sharpest people I've had the pleasure to speak with. He really cares about establishing a good and stable base for players of all kinds to call home, and he has great plans in the works to enact those ideas into motion.

Not to mention the Amazing folks at the Drakeolm Duchy, its the most friendly and fun environment with tons of planning and activity I've seen in Elyria, and I really did look around allot. I love those guys, they crack me up but most of them are highly experienced PVPers and wicked good players I feel safe with.

I decided to pledge my Support to Vargos County because its ideas and plans lined up with mine, it is going to be the Safest location to settle into. I am certain if you stop by and chat with Maghetti you will come to the same conclusion.

No matter what you want out of Elyria, Vargos county in Drakeolm Duchy will have what you need !!

Count Aziael Aurelia, Aurelia County, Drakeolm - Blackheart - Angelica

5/10/2019 12:58:32 PM #15

Posted By Aziael at 5:00 PM - Sun May 05 2019

When I was looking for a County I did my due diligence and found after much research that Magehetti of Vargos County was one of the sharpest people I've had the pleasure to speak with. He really cares about establishing a good and stable base for players of all kinds to call home, and he has great plans in the works to enact those ideas into motion.

Not to mention the Amazing folks at the Drakeolm Duchy, its the most friendly and fun environment with tons of planning and activity I've seen in Elyria, and I really did look around allot. I love those guys, they crack me up but most of them are highly experienced PVPers and wicked good players I feel safe with.

I decided to pledge my Support to Vargos County because its ideas and plans lined up with mine, it is going to be the Safest location to settle into. I am certain if you stop by and chat with Maghetti you will come to the same conclusion.

No matter what you want out of Elyria, Vargos county in Drakeolm Duchy will have what you need !!

Thanks! I take my coe leadership very seriously. I am in it for the long haul. We have added a number of fantastic and experienced mayor/barons, including yourself. I think we have a very solid foundation and we're just getting started