COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
How cool would it be if Microsoft Published COE?

I think this is a great idea.

Microsoft has been buying game studios left right and centre. It is possible to crowdfund all the way...but with a good backing, more additions can be made to the team to move it along at a faster pace.

I believe that Microsoft would let Caspian make the game he wants to make. Caspian used to work for Microsoft, so they would be able to understand SBS's capability to produce a profitable game. What do you guys think?

3/19/2019 10:57:25 PM #16

No thanks, I have my own issues with SBS, but I definitely like them over Microsoft.

3/20/2019 9:08:35 AM #17

Posted By Beathan at 12:25 AM - Tue Mar 19 2019

Not very cool. However, what would be cool is if some Microsoft retiree provided SBS with a ton of money as a hands off angel investor.

Paul Allen, RIP. If he were a gamer, he would have been a good bet for an angel investor.

3/20/2019 11:54:41 AM #18

While I believe Microsoft is one of the few good publishers left (if anything, they're improving), I don't think they're a good fit for CoE.

3/20/2019 9:08:57 PM #19

Game developers work anxiously towards the day their publisher will send in 'The Closer'.

This is the guy who walks into their office and tells them the board wants to release the game 6 months earlier than scheduled.

In order to achieve this they must strip out significant features and bundle them up as post-release, paid DLCs.

And now the game is being released 6 months earlier, 50% of the development team can be let go effective immediately. The remainder will finalise the barest version of the game then transition towards the 'DLCs'.

This is what happens when you sign your game (and its soul) to big publishers.

Sir Ersmont, of the fallen House Lagarde. Cartographer and explorer extraordinaire. Join him in his ignoble quest to sire heirs in the twelve tribes.