COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Question About D&SS

after reading the news release i say that bloodline Package can have the opportunity to purchase an unclaimed settlement or domain

my question about this is say i am a Mayer and am interested in doing this. how about do i do that? for example do i pick my city for my mayer title and after then pick a domain? if so do i loss the city? or if i pick the city during the D&SS i can not try for a domain that may be free for purchasing? on the other hand say i do not pick my city during the D&SS and end up not wanting to pick a domain can i still pick a city for my title after the D&SS or will i loss out on that to?

3/17/2019 7:33:31 PM #1

Some of this is still to be determined. But from what I have seen so far, if you are a mayor and you want to upgrade then you have to pick a settlement in an NPC county, and then when they open things up for purchasing you could buy the Count title of that County.

Countess DeBrume, Brume Harrow, Blackthorn Vale, Mytharbor, Free Kingdom of Alesia (NA-E)

3/17/2019 7:36:53 PM #2

Also Domain and Settlement Selection doesn't really end, there is a point in time where you are now allowed to pick a settlement, but you can just wait until later if you wish to see more of who selects which Settlements in the places around the locations that you are interested in.

Generally speaking the Counts will have chosen prior to the Mayors being allowed to start picking, although they also have the option of waiting if they wish.

Countess DeBrume, Brume Harrow, Blackthorn Vale, Mytharbor, Free Kingdom of Alesia (NA-E)

3/17/2019 8:06:57 PM #3

While I don't have answers to all your questions Sludge I can say that Caspian has confirmed that only players who do not have titles can purchase domains. So since you have a mayor title you would be unable to purchase another domain. There is an exception though. If you choose a settlement in an npc county and then after Domain selection that county is still npc controlled you can purchase that county title.

3/17/2019 9:53:44 PM #4

according to what i read from the dev blog you have to have a bloodline

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/30657/State-of-Elyria-The-Calm-Before-the-Storm

So for the above reasons, we'll be launching a new event after Domain & Settlement Selection ends which will begin as part of our third Kickstarterversary. This event will predominantly be for people who do not have a domain or settlement by the end of D&SS. Through this event, players who have a Bloodline Package or higher will have an opportunity to purchase an unclaimed settlement or domain directly from the Domain & Settlement Map at a discounted price. Note that these titles do not include EP or any of the other benefits of the traditional packages, but does include the title.

3/17/2019 9:54:46 PM #5

Posted By Cleome at 12:33 PM - Sun Mar 17 2019

Some of this is still to be determined. But from what I have seen so far, if you are a mayor and you want to upgrade then you have to pick a settlement in an NPC county, and then when they open things up for purchasing you could buy the Count title of that County.

if that is how it will work i will keep that in mind thanks for the info

3/18/2019 12:42:54 AM #6

Posted By Nubz_Unite at 07:06 AM - Mon Mar 18 2019

While I don't have answers to all your questions Sludge I can say that Caspian has confirmed that only players who do not have titles can purchase domains.

Unless Caspian says this on some official post, on the forums, explaining the rules in detail. What he happened to say on discord, in passing. Isn't 100% locked in.

So while it looks that way now. I would just wait for the post, to see how the whole thing works. Anything can really change.

3/18/2019 4:34:46 AM #7

Posted By Gunnlang at 5:42 PM - Sun Mar 17 2019

Posted By Nubz_Unite at 07:06 AM - Mon Mar 18 2019

While I don't have answers to all your questions Sludge I can say that Caspian has confirmed that only players who do not have titles can purchase domains.

Unless Caspian says this on some official post, on the forums, explaining the rules in detail. What he happened to say on discord, in passing. Isn't 100% locked in.

So while it looks that way now. I would just wait for the post, to see how the whole thing works. Anything can really change.

Solid advice. The quote from Discord is part of an ongoing conversation about the 3rd Kickstarterversary event, which is focused on allowing untitled people to claim titles or titled people with no liege lord to upgrade.

However the conversations are still ongoing. But the quote does reflect our current thinking. We'll make an official post as to what the rules of the event post-D&SS will be.

But, if you're considering snagging a county, make sure to put your settlement in an unclaimed county. But note, others may have the same idea and other mayors may claim a settlement inside your unclaimed county as well. Only one of which can upgrade to Count.

3/18/2019 6:06:20 AM #8

I assume that, if what Caspian says does end up being the case, there will be a way to keep it from being "first one here gets it!" As that would lead to a lot of rage I imagine. Maybe a right of first refusal for the highest influence mayor in the county, second refusal for second highest, etc.

edit: or a bidding system with EP. Whoever puts down the most EP gets the title of count, which could create an interesting balancing act between what you're willing to spend on being a count and what you're willing to spend to build up your city during Exposition

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

3/18/2019 10:47:34 PM #9

That all sounds good thank you all for tacking the time to explain it to me. And it help me out. With planning for the future :)

3/19/2019 12:04:12 AM #10

Posted By Sir Zyr at 11:06 PM - Sun Mar 17 2019

I assume that, if what Caspian says does end up being the case, there will be a way to keep it from being "first one here gets it!" As that would lead to a lot of rage I imagine. Maybe a right of first refusal for the highest influence mayor in the county, second refusal for second highest, etc.

edit: or a bidding system with EP. Whoever puts down the most EP gets the title of count, which could create an interesting balancing act between what you're willing to spend on being a count and what you're willing to spend to build up your city during Exposition

Not first come gets it, but first to buy gets it.

Caspian: "And in a crazy effort to add a bit of game theory to the Dance of Dynasties, these settlements and domains which exist after D&SS ends will receive progressively higher and higher discounts! So the question will become, do you snag that available domain or settlement in an effort to take advantage of the event, or do you hold out longer in hopes of getting a better deal but risk losing the domain or settlement you've been eyeing to someone else?!"

That would indicate that it is all about who is ready to pounce on that title first. Even if you have 5 Mayors drop into an NPC County hoping to upgrade to a Count after D&SS, it will be the Mayor with the quickest trigger finger (and/or willing to pay more instead of letting the title depreciate in value) that will lay claim to the County.