COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Where do your loyalties lie?

Hello again!

Yet another survey from yours truly that came up during a conversation I had with a friend over our differences in experiences for where loyalties lie with the majority of players they knew.

This is a really quick survey about how many of us are in large communities but are effectively floaters in those communities and are actually tied to a very small faction within said community and would move should that small faction go. On the flip side some of us are strongly tied to say a duchy and would just go to any settlement etc which best fit us in that duchy.

I would greatly appreciate as many responses as possible on this survey (95 to get reliable data), so that I can post the results along with a number of other findings in the future as a help for the upcoming DSS.

Survey Link!

RESULTS SO FAR!

Guild

Settlement

County

Duchy

Kingdom

Ranking

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

3/12/2019 8:27:00 PM #16

Posted By Kyleran at 04:40 AM - Mon Mar 11 2019

Survey was slightly flawed as it was missing a none of the above, which at this point really applies to me.

Well, it also could have used an option, "To the Horde!" as well.

;)

I definitely understand that and I blame my lack of sleep lately lol Damn you Daylight Savings Time! At this point its a bit late to update considering all the responses it would invalidate.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

3/12/2019 8:31:26 PM #17

Posted By chipla at 07:28 AM - Mon Mar 11 2019

An N/A option for the rankings would be good especially for us high pledges (yeah I’m a member of a settlement and county but I see them as a part of my duchy when it comes to loyalties)

It’d also be interesting to see how ‘rank’ affects loyalty (are barons more likely to be die hard nationalists than mayors who are more loyal to local authorities etc etc)

Other than those minor things good job as usual Xerr

I definitely agree, this was a lack of foresight on my part lol

This brings up a good clarification. I too agree and made the survey with the idea that if you are a settlement, county etc, that you dont need to list yourself or parts of yourself as loyalty since effectively you are the person who would be moving all of that and not being moved by your loyalty to yourself lol your people would then be who would choose where they are attached, duchy settlement etc.

This means if you are a settlement and you are loyal to duke then count then king, you put your stuff last since that isnt your personal attachment for loyalty. (preferably in order of highest to lowest owned tier)

Thank you for the praise :)

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

3/12/2019 8:32:44 PM #18

Posted By Taradyn at 09:12 AM - Mon Mar 11 2019

Having an issue with survey links at the bottom; unable to assign a ranking (clicks don't work).

Are you clicking the arrow? Otherwise it is a click and drag. I hope this helps

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

3/16/2019 8:05:13 PM #19

7 more completed surveys and I'll have enough for posting the results!

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

3/17/2019 11:30:00 PM #20

I've met the threshold I needed of responses and will be posting results on Tuesday to allow for any stragglers to answer if they want!

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

3/20/2019 5:11:58 AM #21

Fortuna.

3/20/2019 5:19:02 AM #22

I thought it was going to be posted today :p

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

3/20/2019 7:06:16 PM #23

Posted By Sir Zyr at 11:19 PM - Tue Mar 19 2019

I thought it was going to be posted today :p

Yeah my bad I passed out soon after doing the live stream. I work at the local jail and yeah lol

Tonight after work I'll upload em all.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

3/21/2019 5:05:18 AM #24

Updated Bam!

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

3/21/2019 6:01:54 AM #25

Seems people tend to rank the community closer to them higher in terms of loyalties, as I expected.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

3/21/2019 12:35:40 PM #26

I’m surprised at how low guilds have scored on loyalty. Then again less than 1/3 of respondents are in guilds.

Is there a way we can see more detailed breakdowns? I.e of those who pledged to guilds x% consider them a primary loyalty etc?

Coming Soon(tm)

3/21/2019 1:25:07 PM #27

Posted By chipla at 06:35 AM - Thu Mar 21 2019

I’m surprised at how low guilds have scored on loyalty. Then again less than 1/3 of respondents are in guilds.

Is there a way we can see more detailed breakdowns? I.e of those who pledged to guilds x% consider them a primary loyalty etc?

There is bu that costs like 40 bucks a month for me to unlock that feature and thats a bit exorbitant for me to do for this side project of mine lol Surveyhero is pretty awesome for its set of free features but for any cross referencing etc its pretty pricy.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

3/21/2019 2:20:29 PM #28

The most interesting result is guilds imo.
It’s pretty divisive, either guilds are your first priority or your last priority, there’s little in between for most people.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

3/21/2019 2:39:41 PM #29

I wonder if people got confused between the term guild vs organization or if they thought of guild as the term we know it now in current mmos. If I was a blacksmith and I joined a blacksmith guild, I wouldn't really value them more than anything else. Unless when you say guild you mean Fennec Academy the organization I joined to start the game with.

3/21/2019 2:42:44 PM #30

Posted By Xerr at 1:25 PM - Thu Mar 21 2019

Posted By chipla at 06:35 AM - Thu Mar 21 2019

There is bu that costs like 40 bucks a month for me to unlock that feature and thats a bit exorbitant for me to do for this side project of mine lol Surveyhero is pretty awesome for its set of free features but for any cross referencing etc its pretty pricy.

Fair enough. $40 a month is very steep for the return you'd get.

Seems more suited for larger companies and the like.

Coming Soon(tm)