COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Where do your loyalties lie?

Hello again!

Yet another survey from yours truly that came up during a conversation I had with a friend over our differences in experiences for where loyalties lie with the majority of players they knew.

This is a really quick survey about how many of us are in large communities but are effectively floaters in those communities and are actually tied to a very small faction within said community and would move should that small faction go. On the flip side some of us are strongly tied to say a duchy and would just go to any settlement etc which best fit us in that duchy.

I would greatly appreciate as many responses as possible on this survey (95 to get reliable data), so that I can post the results along with a number of other findings in the future as a help for the upcoming DSS.

Survey Link!

RESULTS SO FAR!

Guild

Settlement

County

Duchy

Kingdom

Ranking

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

3/11/2019 6:09:00 AM #1

Updated the last question as a ranking for loyalties. This way the question provides more insight.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

3/11/2019 7:27:56 AM #2

Settlements come first always!

Enjoyed this. Will you be posting the result?

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

3/11/2019 10:05:23 AM #3

Added my bit. Look forward to the published results. :)

3/11/2019 10:40:17 AM #4

Survey was slightly flawed as it was missing a none of the above, which at this point really applies to me.

Well, it also could have used an option, "To the Horde!" as well.

;)

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

3/11/2019 1:28:46 PM #5

An N/A option for the rankings would be good especially for us high pledges (yeah I’m a member of a settlement and county but I see them as a part of my duchy when it comes to loyalties)

It’d also be interesting to see how ‘rank’ affects loyalty (are barons more likely to be die hard nationalists than mayors who are more loyal to local authorities etc etc)

Other than those minor things good job as usual Xerr

Coming Soon(tm)

3/11/2019 3:12:56 PM #6

Having an issue with survey links at the bottom; unable to assign a ranking (clicks don't work).

3/11/2019 5:47:25 PM #7

The questions are a bit ambigious.
Are you a member of something you own? Does owning a county mean you’re a member of your own settlement that is part of the county? Does being a member of a duchy mean you’re automatically member of the kingdom?

Also, in the ranking, is 1 better or worse than 5?

Anyway, for me, my county comes first, obviously, (this includes my settlement), then any settlements within my county, I’d say guild and duchy would be kind of on the same level and if they’d conflict it would be a case-by-case basis who I’d support.
Kingdom would rank lower than those because I’m more directly involved with the duke than the king. Although if the duke is being problematic than of course I’d still support the king (same with any settlements or guilds of course).

Also I’d say family would have a really high priority.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

3/11/2019 6:01:04 PM #8

I am loyal first to my King, then to my direct liege (the Count), then to my guild, with the settlement and duchy being interchangeable (considering I am located in my Count's settlement and my King's duchy)

Check out the Village of Astyria! We are recruiting!

NA - East : Bordweall : Bloodoak : Novigrad - Shield Wall Strong! Friend Code: 3D90E8

3/11/2019 7:49:23 PM #9

When I'm at a computer I'll respond to these properly but this is overall good feedback some of which I wish I thought of myself lol

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

3/11/2019 11:20:40 PM #10

Well since I run my own settlement and County I imagine my own territories come first by default, I mean if you can't be loyal to yourself who can you be loyal to lol.

3/11/2019 11:58:38 PM #11

Posted By Stormbreaker at 09:20 AM - Tue Mar 12 2019

Well since I run my own settlement and County I imagine my own territories come first by default, I mean if you can't be loyal to yourself who can you be loyal to lol.

Well think of it this way if your duke calls for aid in a conflict and it could leave your county open to either attack or the perils of brigands do you go and aid your duke or tell him where he can shove it because your county is more important to you

3/12/2019 12:42:18 AM #12

Posted By Velox at 7:58 PM - Mon Mar 11 2019

Posted By Stormbreaker at 09:20 AM - Tue Mar 12 2019

Well think of it this way if your duke calls for aid in a conflict and it could leave your county open to either attack or the perils of brigands do you go and aid your duke or tell him where he can shove it because your county is more important to you

The only time that you stay neutral in a conflict is when you hope the aggressor wins. If you go this route, you are guilty of treason if your current liege wins: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/6549/DJ-18-Kingdom-Land-Management

"Regardless of which option you choose, there is a potential loss condition for you. If you joined the pretender and he lost, or remained neutral when your liege summoned you, you committed treason. In the event your liege lord wins, you’re at risk of losing your title."

So I suppose that you'd worry about yourself to the extent that your liege is a capable one. If they are capable, you help. If they are not...

Well, you're just being pragmatic.

Check out the Village of Astyria! We are recruiting!

NA - East : Bordweall : Bloodoak : Novigrad - Shield Wall Strong! Friend Code: 3D90E8

3/12/2019 6:30:42 AM #13

First loyalty is to Duke & duchy. Second to my academy and my staff. Third is to king & kingdom.

Loyalty: My first interaction with my duke was when he was a count, I hold him the most loyalty as he is the one encouraging my game goal, He's been open and clear on everything and always active and helpful. Can't really run a academy without government approval and funding.I mean you can but it would be difficult and you would have no structure to lean on. If I lost the academy. Most likely would end up Somewhere else in the duchy.

Second loyalty: I've always been top brass in groups when I play multiplayer Never the leader but always near by, the academy gives me a place to do my own thing and still help out in so many ways. You make friends who you don't want to disappoint, And if you lose someone it hurts but it's not the end of the world. I've had many a friend I've told see you tomorrow, only to find myself looking at their name with the joining text last online years months days ago.

And lastly kingdom. While I'm as loyal to the crown as any gentry can be. Follow orders, obey laws, Glorify his majesty in immortal fame..okay maybe a little overboard. I have multiple options based on circumstances of the game. If all stays peacefulness and joy then I serve the Crown by serving my Duke. My peoples inventions will bring aid as a whole. And I live a normal peaceful life in my little tower atop the parapets, whiling the day away with paperwork and tinkering.(and wearing a plague mask to the Yule Ball) On the other hand, if darkness(and arrows) reign. If The kingdom fell... stay within The duchy and brace myself. Wait for instruction and prepare for the worst. If the king needs us needs us I take up arms, But if it's long over and we're under his urserper.. that one puts my loyalty to kingdom to test. Because is it really the same kingdom then.

~To be given your station is easy. To earn ones destiny is much much harder. Pround member of the Solaris Confederation. Citizen of Acrium. Headmistress of the Acrium Capital Academy. ~yukiona ningén

3/12/2019 8:42:47 AM #14

i have a fairly good idea at the moment on how my loyalties will be ranked, however the domain selections being locked in should go a long way to confirming this,.. and could be the main reason to change it

Grizzly "The Ogre" Beralindwurm

From the Brudvir Den of Vargviken - E3FA4E

3/12/2019 8:24:47 PM #15

Posted By Pendulum at 01:27 AM - Mon Mar 11 2019

Settlements come first always!

Enjoyed this. Will you be posting the result?

I definitely intend on sharing the info. That's part of the reason Im hoping to hit 95 quickly so that I can present the information as part of a larger discourse for upcoming DSS.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99