COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
Homeless Mayor

Howdy,

I pledged the Selene server as a Mayor but have no clue when settlements should be created. As backers, mayors are supposed to chime in from Alpha 2, is it still correct? My guess is that it has not begun yet. Where can we get game development updates/timelines?

Friend Code: D79235

1/28/2019 3:20:33 PM #1

Posted By Mornaew at

Howdy,

I pledged the Selene server as a Mayor but have no clue when settlements should be created. As backers, mayors are supposed to chime in from Alpha 2, is it still correct? My guess is that it has not begun yet. Where can we get game development updates/timelines?

Domain selection is when you choose I believe.

1/28/2019 3:21:04 PM #2

Hey Mornaew, you will get to choose your settlement during Domain & Settlement Selection. The timeline for that is not set in stone but Caspian has suggested February or March of this year. We'll know for certain once they give us an actual date.

1/28/2019 3:38:09 PM #3

Hieronymus hit the key point on the head. You will choose your settlement during the upcoming Selection process which is still to be announced.

Alpha 2 (as well as beta 1 and 2) is simply testing phases of the game and will bear no weight on your settlement.

Kingdoms of Elyria, which is meant to happen after Alpha 2, will be an optional period where you can potentially expand and grow your settlement, but not participating will not cause any penalties, so no worries there.

Your real bread and butter will be Exposition, which is a soft launch of the game 3 months before the game goes live where people with land and settlements will get a chance to jump in and customize their settlements via Exposition Points. EP is basically a currency people can spend to help world build Elyria, and customize their starting holdings to their hearts content.

1/28/2019 5:47:57 PM #4

You got time to decide your future friends until Domain and settlement selection. I would suggest to decide in witch Biome you will like your town. Or Witch Tribe. All the Kingdom in Selene are mixed in nationalities so I am sure if you look one particularly groop of players you can Almost find it anywhere.

1/28/2019 6:32:31 PM #5

Since no one else has linked it, here is the kingdom and duchy list.

Depending on what sort of tribe you're thinking of playing your choices may be restricted (the kingdoms have mostly agreed to what kingdom choices they're going for).

If I were you I'd hang out in the various discords and chat with kingdom members and find a count you can tolerate, or you can wait till Domain and Settlement Selection and choose the best settlement available to you, but not be as secure in your relationship with your superiors.

Coming Soon(tm)