COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
Al'Khezam Chronicler

Selene Birthdays

EDIT Athorias Paleblood - January 30th (he didn't tell me)

please feel free to DM or forum mail me any you know so that I can add them to my list

RAIDERS of the LOST VAULT

A huge thank you to everyone who participated.We offer hearty congratulations to Darhk and wish for him great success with his new duchy.

Along with that comes an even heartier congratulations to our own Ghettomaster, we know that he will use the Sunstone to benefit all of Selene.

Longest Night Carols Competition

You still have a few days left! Even if you don't want to participate, take a few moments to check out the thread and the great submissions others have made.

DISCORD QUOTE of the MONTH

1/27/2019 4:44:22 AM #1

THE KINGDOM

AL - QAUM

OUR NEWEST FAMILY

hashimoto4life

Thesloth58

DISCORD MODERATORS

Congratulations to our newest Mod: Rofus!

As was explained in our first newsletter, Al'Khezam has moved more slowly than most kingdoms with establishing our governmental structure. We are steadily progressing, but we want to ensure that we establish the best structure we are able, so slow and steady will win the race. Coming SOON™will be our House of Commons, so keep your eyes and ears open for more information.

Here is a little peek at what our Minister of Foreign Affairs, Fred, gets up to when he is bored - I can't wait to see what comes from the things he is actually putting effort into!

KINGDOM SPOTLIGHT

Every month we will spotlight an individual Al-Qaum or organization and learn a little more than we knew.

This month we bring you Ghettomaster and the Duchy of Lemuria

What is the name of your duchy?

Lemuria, It’s the “Lost Land” that is believed to be a cradle of civilization before it was sunk.

What will be the main focal point(s) of your duchy? <economic, military, production etc...>?

We 're aiming for diversity and balance in the infrastructure and integrated industries based on the resources we gain in our territories in order to be able to bear the harsh days of Elyria. We’re not warmongers but if the drums of war begin beating then we are ready for it. We won’t hesitate to protect our interests. We rather are the veins that will feed nearby surrounding territories. Any sudden threat to us is a threat to all others' interests.

Will you focus more on pvp, pve, or a mix/balance of both?

I basically have always enjoyed the PVE and the progression rewards offered in story events, It’s so relaxing. :-)

Where will it be assuming, we get K5?

Lemuria is a coastal duchy, at the north east of Kingdom of Al’Khezam, located in the heart of grasslands sharing border with three grassland duchies. A massive coastline is present on the eastern side of the duchy.

What's your experience with gaming before this?

WoW was my first MMO then I moved on over to others like Dofus, Ragnarok, GW2, ESO. I tend to hop between MMOs, playing them a few months in a row and then moving on, that way when I return the game is fresh and new again. :-)

What's your experience with communities before this?

ESO, GW2 are the ones I experienced. Basically, a community behavior is largely a case of designing features that reduce conflicting player goals and encourage cooperation. These make a pretty good job of it.

Have you thought about a leadership structure for the duchy? Who will be helping to make it all happen?

Lemuria has opened its eyes to Elyria recently. The planned structure was a point of debate yet it has not seen the light yet. As result, solid foundations and pillars of the structure are meant to be adaptable as soon as the game mechanics progressing on in the near future and in coordination with the Kingdom’s interests as a whole.

You're a well-known, high influence community member with loads of EP, would you tell us what you're planning on doing with that EP?

This is the most common question I often get asked from people. To make things easier to understand for all of us, I will rephrase the question as it is bit hard to me. Am I going for sabotage and demolish savagely? No, I don't look forward to. I rather play the game basis I always dreamed about without I losing the trust and morals of good hearted people toward me. :-)

What do you, personally, want to do in game other than run your duchy?

The thing I most enjoy is getting to know new friends in-game from different cultures, and languages. It is a beautiful thing when people gather around who you have never met before and start to know each other as the game rolling. I’m planning to have an alternative character with some close friends to travel all around Elyria to experience and enjoy the adventures of the story’s events.

This has nothing to do with Lemuria, but I have to ask - what is the craziest thing you've ever done?

A friend of mine was a student in university, and he had one of the final exams that he was sure can’t pass it. So, he asked me to take his place and do the exam while I'm actually in a job. Unfortunately, I agreed after he begged me many times to do it and wasn’t aware of the risk of being caught. Later, that day of the exam has come so he picked me up from home and drove all the way to university and he sat in his car waiting for me while I was with all other students waiting to enter the classroom. The professor came and demanded all those who will do the exam to have a sit and place the ID card on the table. I sat and purposely didn’t place my ID on table, luckily, they did not check our IDs strictly as I thought. So, had the paper filled up and ready. The professor was looking at me suspiciously and asked if this is my only exam I have in this term? So, I had to lie and said yes, it is. And walked out of class.

Thank you very much for letting us know a bit more about Lemuria, I hope to speak with you again in a personal Q&A in the near future!

1/27/2019 4:44:27 AM #2

Grand Vizier White

Tell us about your childhood. Where you grew up, what your family was like, things like that?

I grew up as a sole child of a normal middle-class family, though in a general district, generally from a average family, my mother a clerk type job, and my father a self-made man by being a master painted (you know, walls, furniture etc).

What was your favorite toy?

Lego I think?

Did you attend university? Where? What was your major area of study?

Though growing up in a poorer district, and with average grades before I managed to get out of my environment, by taking up extra classes outside of school I made it into a business university where I combined management and IT studies along with economics.

What is your favorite piece of literature?

Never been much of a literature guy, I mean I read science fiction, fantasy and the occasional crime novel but not really my focus or interest.

Who has had the greatest influence on you growing up?

Myself I guess?, I never really had a role model or a goal until I was around 17 and realized I wanted something more in life.

What are your goals in life?

A steady and purposeful job and life.

How do you plan to achieve your goals?

Hard work and dedication.

Do you have some kind of philosophy that guides you in life? Not a religion, but perhaps a mantra or motto that helps you stay on course?

There is nothing you can’t do, there is no such thing as “I’m not talented”. Talented people start a little ahead sure, but in the end without work and dedication even a talented individual will fall behind.. in the end you can achieve anything with enough effort, dedication and hard work.

What is your greatest personal fear?

Not sure, I’m afraid of heights for some reason, but I guess… death? I’ve not achieved the things I want to achieve, so I am in no way ready to go.

What random thing makes you happy? Sad?

The smile of another when you’ve granted them assistance to pass a hurdle is always a joyful thing.. helping others is as much for your own sake as for others. As for sad, I suppose I’m a bit sad I can’t see where mankind will be in a thousand years… it would been interesting to see if we’d finally reach the stars.

What hobbies do you have other than gaming?

IT, designing software, bicycling, eh.. I guess I don’t have an awful lot of hobbies, unless work counts?

What do you do for a living? Is it what you planned, and if not, how did it come to be your career?

I work in IT in one of the hospital regions, working with everything from medical hardware to regular IT related matters. As for if it was planned, I would say it was a random temp job, that turned into a permanent job… while I planned for the direction of IT, I never in my wildest dreams expected I’d be working at a hospital.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Getting to bed when am supposed to.

What are you most thankful for in your life?

Having the privilege to work at a hospital, and make a difference for others.

What is the biggest mistake you have made in your life and what did you learn from it?

My biggest mistake was probably being lazy at school in my early years.. I had a different life, and different values… but in the end knowledge is what enables you to both help others and ensure a steady secure future for yourself.

What accomplishment in your life are you most proud of?

Being recognized as one of the experts on a specific field(niche) within healthcare IT.

What is the craziest/stupidest thing you have ever done? Why did you do it? Do you regret it?

Probably the party/celebration we had when I finished my service in the army.. why I did it? Because we were quitting the army and all my brothers and sisters went…regret it ? naah, I don’t remember half of it beside being carried out in a taxi somewhere in the middle and waking locked up in a armory locker….but definitely no regret.

What is one thing you wish you knew how to do that you are no good at?

Painting, my old man wished me to assist him in his occupation, but I’m simply no good at that kind of work.

Who is your favorite historical figure and why?

Hm, I have many figures I like but for so many reasons.. so too long of a list to say.

Is there anything else about yourself you would like to share with everyone?

Well I’m not quite sure what is overly interesting about me, I am just another middle management guy who works a lot? … Oh, and I love the idea of Chronicles of Elyria and am a backer like you lot, sharing the dream of having a game not based around victory but a continued story written by us, the community, through our actions and choices.

1/27/2019 4:44:35 AM #3

MEET A NEIGHBOR

The Vikings are Coming!

This month, may I introduce Ereshkigal (Irkalla Ashen), Queen of Tryggyr

Tell us about your childhood. Where you grew up, what your family was like, things like that?

I grew up in a small town near Lake Constance Germany . I think there were not more then 1k people. so everyone knew everyone. My Family was middle class and I grew up with a younger brother and sister. In Germany it is not common to have all of the extended families living together, so neither did we, but I had a lot of sleep overs at my cousin’s place. They lived in a city, but except for that you could say we grew up pretty much isolated from the rest of the world until we got internet and smartphones xD

What was your favorite toy?

As a kid I can’t say I had a favorite toy. If I had to name one, I liked Lego, but usually I was outside playing in the forest or swimming. That changed when my friends started moving away and i got my first PC ... I am not proud of it but, it became kind of an addiction and I am not talking about only playing games. But you can say the PC was always my favorite toy except for maybe sharp things like knife’s xD.

Did you attend university? Where? What was your major area of study?

I did study but not at an university and not something you could study there in the first place. To study in Germany you need abi (Abitur - proof of completion of secondary or high school) for a general study or a profession and then you could study in that field. The 3rd option would be going with the military ….. Abi is the worst possible solution because they only learn theoretical stuff there so it was never something I would recommend ( I know people with abi will flame me for that. I am not saying abi is useless but, it’s nothing for me). The military in Germany is useless !! There you have to follow orders from people whom apparently did not even finish school at all ( might be not every where like that but that was was my experience), and my field of work back then was not something you could study in Germany xD.

What is your favorite piece of literature?

That’s a hard one actually because I read a lot but if I have to choose I would probably pick Star Wars and Enwor, and I am disappointed they changed the story in the movie xD.

Who has had the greatest influence on you growing up?

I guess my friends

What are your goals in life?

Living my life freely as I decide not as other people tell me to live it… but I guess having kids at some point would also be one of my goals.

How do you plan to achieve your goals?

Some things either happen or they don’t. Some things should not be forced xD.

Do you have some kind of philosophy that guides you in life? Not a religion, but perhaps a mantra or motto that helps you stay on course?

You could say : Action and reaction …. I mean Karma is a bitch xD. But I also like the term equilibrium, and if that fails chaos is always an option.*

What is your greatest personal fear?

Life

What random thing makes you happy? Sad?

Hm … that’s a good questions and one that I can’t answer that easy because of lack of words but I try my best…

Let’s say my feelings have for me probably a different meaning then for most people. I know what those feelings are supposed to mean but I enjoy them all. If I get really angry I enjoy the rage, if I get really sad I am - even if it sounds strange - happy about it. For me, it is like I feel nothing or everything at the same time.

That might sound confusing but it was hard to archive and it gives me … control?

What hobbies do you have other than gaming?

Fighting. I studied a whole bunch of those including WT. I also like to read books and watching wuxias.

What do you do for a living? Is it what you planned, and if not, how did it come to be your career?

I repair CNC machines … its more a hobby though … I learned mechatronics, so it is in the field of my expertise but I did not specifically chose that job.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? The age i live in xD

What are you most thankful for in your life? My Ex-Girlfriend

What is the biggest mistake you have made in your life and what did you learn from it? I always do what I want but, at one point I had to decide between friends and I chose wrong … Let’s say a friend of mine was so addicted to an MMO that he neglected his real life. He even called in sick too many times and lost his job over it and his girlfriend asked me for help but it did not go the way we hoped for …. So some advice to all reading this: don’t let your game life become your real life !!!

What accomplishment in your life are you most proud of? Sadly I am not allowed to talk about the one I am most proud of, but I hope it will be Tryggr in the future xD.

What is the craziest/stupidest thing you have ever done? Why did you do it? Do you regret it? I think I did a lot of crazy stuff, but at the moment nothing good comes to mind … and there’s actually not much I regret. Sure something I probably would do different now, but regret ? I don’t think I regret much of it.

What is one thing you wish you knew how to do that you are no good at? Understanding women xD Honestly, most things I am not good at I either don’t even want to do or never tried it so I don’t know if I would be good at it or not.Maybe playing ocarina or erhu but i never tried ...

Who is your favorite historical figure and why? That one is hard to answer.

If I had to pick one I would say Kushim because he showed the world that you can leave a mark in history even as an ordinary person.

Is there anything else about yourself you would like to share with everyone? I am a normal person who people can talk to freely. I would rather hear something I don’t like than something that is not true, and try to work on my problems ( I make an exception for spelling - I don’t care). I make fun often about stuff, for example, that i like burning Kypiqs, but I am not serious about stuff like that … at least most of the time xd. And I am still single, so anyone who’s interested can apply.

1/27/2019 9:46:47 AM #4

Aah, another enjoyable read goes along well with my morning cup. Sanguinesh, Thank you!

Ershkigal apparently likes burning Kypiq, whilst Dragor prefers to choppy chop chop. The pressure is on! I’m between pressure-cooking little munchkins and providing safe haven in our toxic southern region. I’ll take anyone’s advice here. The former or the latter?

Duke Usifan Banner

1/27/2019 1:50:17 PM #5

What a beautiful second episode of the Al'Khezam Chronicler.

Very well done Sanguinesh and thank you very much :)

age quod agis

1/28/2019 7:17:37 PM #6

Thanks for writing up this chronicler, nice to read. There's a lot going on in Al'Khezam. Fun to read some more about the people behind the big names.

GhettoMaster, Lemuria will be a fantastic duchy! I've had the opportunity to see some of the plans and structures for this duchy. Everything revolves around entrepreneurship, economical development and prosperity.

I'd keep my eyes peeled for more info on this powerhouse of a duchy and on how to get aboard!

Happiness is reality minus expectation

1/30/2019 4:08:58 PM #7

It's nice to read about the people behind their nicks :)

That map initerface made by Fred looks awesome!

2/2/2019 6:59:52 PM #8

THIS REALLY FALLS UNDER FEBRUARY, BUT I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO MISS OUT:

Owl Library: Writing Competitions & Giveaways