COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Poll] Adam Burrfoot as Community Ambassador

Please cast your vote for Adam Burrfoot as Community Ambassador.

In order for your vote to count, the following must be true:

• You must have a minimum of 250 influence
  • Your CoE account must be in good standing

Remember, this is not a competition and you should cast your vote based on your experience with this candidate alone, not their kingdom affiliation. There is also no limit to the number of ambassadors you may vote for.

By default, your vote in this form is confidential and will only be seen by Soulbound Studios. If you'd like to communicate something publicly, post a reply to this thread as usual. As a reminder, ensure any public comments adhere to our Code of Conduct.

Note: This poll will end automatically 7 days from the post date and time.

Finally, here are a few reminders about what makes a great ambassador:

• They are paragons of what it means to be a CoE community member
  • They are able to answer the toughest of questions about CoE
  • They've displayed an unparalleled willingness to help others

To learn more about this exciting new program, please visit the following link:

Community Ambassador Program

Would you recommend Adam Burrfoot for Community Ambassador?

Voting for this poll is now closed.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

1/20/2019 4:18:16 AM #106

Oh boy, another SBS-sponsored recruitment event for Vornair. Gotta cater the whales though, amirite?

1/20/2019 4:19:50 AM #107

Posted By OsirisCrux at 2:18 PM - Sun Jan 20 2019

Oh boy, another SBS-sponsored recruitment event for Vornair.

That is your first post here huh..?

Welcome to the forums...

1/20/2019 5:17:27 AM #108

1/20/2019 6:53:03 PM #109

You guys make a point about how conflict of interest or being a king doesn't matter since we already have kings/queens/dukes as ambassadors, but that's an asinine point because you don't know how many of us did or would have voted against those same people on the past. Allowing a problem to get worse because it's already a problem is not a solution.

In addition, coe already is suffering from a perception that whales have undue influence over the game and community, as I've seen myself since joining the community during TSP. This is not going to help at all, especially since, as others have pointed out, it's no secret that Adam has decided to focus more on his own community than the general one. There's nothing at all wrong with that and I respect that, but it hardly strengthens the case that he should be made an ambassador.

1/20/2019 9:23:10 PM #110

Posted By Gunflame at 11:53 AM - Sun Jan 20 2019

You guys make a point about how conflict of interest or being a king doesn't matter since we already have kings/queens/dukes as ambassadors, but that's an asinine point because you don't know how many of us did or would have voted against those same people on the past. Allowing a problem to get worse because it's already a problem is not a solution.

In addition, coe already is suffering from a perception that whales have undue influence over the game and community, as I've seen myself since joining the community during TSP. This is not going to help at all, especially since, as others have pointed out, it's no secret that Adam has decided to focus more on his own community than the general one. There's nothing at all wrong with that and I respect that, but it hardly strengthens the case that he should be made an ambassador.

Except that you're not bringing up the problem as a problem till Adam gets nominated. You'd had to have been actively trying to have ambassadors removed, who were kings or dukes and such for your argument to have carried any weight.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

1/20/2019 9:32:59 PM #111

We have enough Ambassadors that can tell new people about the game. However it would be nice to have more from other servers that aren't NA-E

1/21/2019 3:00:37 AM #112

As an Ambassador~

I think it would be best to add on to Markof's post and try to explain what apparently seems to be something that is misunderstood within this thread.

The requirements of acquiring the Ambassador title:

The process of acquiring the Ambassador role for CoE is a lengthy one. It requires a lot of time, dedication and effort within the community as a whole.

In order to even be considered to be an ambassador you have to meet the requirements for it:

• Have been part of our community for 6 months
  • Minimum of 100-150 posts on the forums
  • Pledge level of Elyrian and above (while unpledged members will have a higher minimum post count of 250-300)
  • Demonstrated history of positive interactions

With the requirements out of the way, there's an important factor that comes into play for the nomination of a community member to the role of Ambassador and that is:

They are nominated by the community, NOT SbS.

The Process~

The process is over the span of several weeks.

First, there is the nomination process. This process takes a while because you have to explain why the person is deserving of the role of Ambassador. You have to justify your nomination. It can't be just "because I think they're good for it". There has to be a detailed reason provided, what makes them stand out?

Second, the screening process. They have to be able to pass a detailed screening of meeting the requirements that I listed above, and this process is done by the moderation team and SbS. This doesn't say "Yes we all think they would be a good Ambassador" this is saying "They meet the requirements, there are no infractions." (Not to say they don't think that they would be good Ambassadors)

Third, is this process right here, the Vote. A member of the CoE community nominated this person to be an Ambassador, so now it's time for the community as a whole to decide together if this person would make for a good Ambassador with legitimate reasoning as to why they would or why they wouldn't. A heavy legitimate no would result in a high possibility of the nominee not passing the rest of the process. Since after all, Ambassadors are nominated and selected by the community.

Forth, this is a more detailed screening. The staff and moderation team once more review the nominee, to make sure that they are the most helpful, kindest, and most knowledgeable.

The final steps are only if they pass both screenings, and the vote resulted in a positive conclusion.

The final steps are being made aware of their approval for the Ambassador role and being made aware of/agreeing to abide by the Ambassador Guidelines.

This process isn't the SbS staff choosing community members for the Ambassador role and saying "Yes they can be an ambassador, they meet the criteria".

This process is SbS staff saying "They are within good standing with us and the community as a whole" and the community saying "Yes/No they do/don't make a good ambassador and they should/shouldn't get the role."

This information can be found in more depth and detail and with the Ambassador guidelines at this link:

Ambassador Program

Providing your feedback on this thread helps others to know who the person is, and your opinion on why or why not they should or shouldn't be an ambassador giving them more insight on to whether which way they should truly vote for the nominee.

There is no "highest package limit" to the ambassador program. There is a requirement of being more neutral when approaching newcomers and asked that you are not promoting your kingdom/domain/community first but rather helping them around the community as a whole in public venues such as the newcomer channel/CoE Official discord/CoE Official Forums/CoE Official Platforms.

This isn't SbS saying "Hey guys what do you think about this person becoming an Ambassador". It's your community member saying "Hey guys, I believe this person should be an Ambassador, do you guys agree with me?"

" Monarchs should not be an Ambassador"

While I can see where this comes from, and understand the potential conflict reasoning provided by the community, I disagree with this. We have multiple Monarchs/Consorts/Nobility as a whole within the Ambassadors and they are the only ones who can truly know their limits on what they can and can not take on. What time they do and do not have time for. The only person who will ever know that is themselves.

One of the guidelines of Ambassadors is:

To maintain both their level of activity on the official Chronicles of Elyria chat platforms, and the helpful, kind, and knowledgeable attitude that brought them to this role.

Our current Monarchs/Consorts/Nobility and really all of the Ambassadors in general are extremely kind, helpful and always engaging/being helpful to the communities at large providing information in both the forums and the discord as well as constantly making/updating useful things for the community to use whether that be on the wiki, or a Q&A website database, a kingdom spreadsheet to help everyone know where the Monarchs/Dukes are or even converting a lot of the information on Chronicles of Elyria into different language for our very large and diverse community.

Ambassador hat off~

I believe that if they are being helpful to the community at large in the official platforms (Forums&Discord), providing information in other aspects by providing access to information in some form like the spreadsheets Emery made or the way that some Ambassadors are translating information for more diverse communities, the wiki, etc. Then I wholeheartedly believe they deserve to be an Ambassador, this role isn't to gain more influence, this role isn't to gain more say in things or trying to "gain an upper hand" in all things Elyria. This role is to help the community, new and old in any way we can and better their experience within the community with our knowledge and expertise.

In my eyes, this requires a lot of involvement/time/dedication to helping on the forums/newcomers channel/common room chat/useful source links(like the spreadsheet/translated pages/wiki)/discord databases etc.

I won't be providing my input on this thread about the nominee or what my vote was/is/might be. I am also not saying that Adam would/wouldn't make a good/bad Ambassador. I am simply trying to provide more information about the Ambassador program. You should be able to make your own decision based on your own knowledge/research of the nominee.

You should vote how you would like to vote, if you think that the person that has been nominated meets all the requirements, meets your expectations of the Ambassador role and more. Then vote Yes and provide that reasoning.

If you believe they do not meet the requirements, or see a conflict, or do not believe they would be good for the role, then vote no and provide the reasoning for that. It's your vote and no one else's.

If you'd like to see others from other servers get nominated and become Ambassadors, you need to seek out people that are going above and beyond for the community from the other servers. They are community nominated, so if you'd like to see more diversity, get more engaged and pursuing it. Get more people helping others in every way that they can. Our servers hold no bounds for who we help/where we can help, we help everyone no matter their ties, their server, their kingdom or their domain.

I didn't mean for this to be so long or read like a novel, but seriously take a look at the Ambassador link and take the time to read over it and become more knowledgable of the role to better understand how the process works and better understand who is and isn't right for the role~ which will always be partially a matter of opinion as well!

I really hope this helps clear a bit of the confusion, and if you have any questions about the Ambassador program I truly hope that we're all able to help you better understand.

1/21/2019 4:53:19 AM #113

After the accusations of Doxxing and death threats that came out of Vornair during the last event, they're the last community we want having ambassadors.

1/21/2019 4:57:32 AM #114

Posted By Marshal at 11:53 PM - Sun Jan 20 2019

After the accusations of Doxxing and death threats that came out of Vornair during the last event, they're the last community we want having ambassadors.

LOL...what?!?!

Wow, this thread has just gotten truly insane...

Imgur

1/21/2019 5:01:33 AM #115

If it is not related to this user it is not for this thread and shouldn't influence your vote. He shouldn't be judged for welcoming people in who then turned around and abused a communities trust. People should be more careful to control their tribal inclinations and stick to the subject matter.

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

1/21/2019 6:50:40 AM #116

Posted By Marshal at 3:53 PM - Mon Jan 21 2019

Though I know what you are talking about. Adam can't control everyone within his community, his community last I heard is the biggest, like he even knows he goes on it in. Much like any community leader out there.

There is plain dickheads and jerks in every kingdom, by your logic, no one should hold any role.

1/21/2019 9:48:11 AM #117

Just a quick reminder that matters like doxxing should be reported to, and dealt with by the moderator team. If we had found Adam himself complicit in this he obviously wouldn't have been put up for the vote.

So please, stay on topic.

1/21/2019 1:05:19 PM #118

my thoughts on conflict of interest would not be directed towards him being a Monarch but more towards the fact that he is a Reporter/Critic in his role on TTC.

There is a definite conflict of interest there because if he's not critical of something that is a controversial subject in the CoE Community, could you trust what he is saying?

There are plenty of people in the community that don't trust what Moderators or Ambassadors say by default, they don't look who's posting a message, they just see the Green name (or alternative colour). And Adam has been massively critical of SbS/CoE in the past, so would this mean he can no longer make such massive posts on the forum because of his Ambassador status? (like in this thread for example

Adam is a nice guy and if he was made Ambassador i'd have no problem with it, but i think Adam fits a different role in the CoE community, one that isn't really defined by a title.

1/21/2019 2:55:35 PM #119

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 10:00 PM - Sun Jan 20 2019

As an Ambassador~

I think it would be best to add on to Markof's post and try to explain what apparently seems to be something that is misunderstood within this thread.

The requirements of acquiring the Ambassador title:

The process of acquiring the Ambassador role for CoE is a lengthy one. It requires a lot of time, dedication and effort within the community as a whole.

In order to even be considered to be an ambassador you have to meet the requirements for it:

• Have been part of our community for 6 months
  • Minimum of 100-150 posts on the forums
  • Pledge level of Elyrian and above (while unpledged members will have a higher minimum post count of 250-300)
  • Demonstrated history of positive interactions

With the requirements out of the way, there's an important factor that comes into play for the nomination of a community member to the role of Ambassador and that is:

They are nominated by the community, NOT SbS.

The Process~

The process is over the span of several weeks.

First, there is the nomination process. This process takes a while because you have to explain why the person is deserving of the role of Ambassador. You have to justify your nomination. It can't be just "because I think they're good for it". There has to be a detailed reason provided, what makes them stand out?

Second, the screening process. They have to be able to pass a detailed screening of meeting the requirements that I listed above, and this process is done by the moderation team and SbS. This doesn't say "Yes we all think they would be a good Ambassador" this is saying "They meet the requirements, there are no infractions." (Not to say they don't think that they would be good Ambassadors)

Third, is this process right here, the Vote. A member of the CoE community nominated this person to be an Ambassador, so now it's time for the community as a whole to decide together if this person would make for a good Ambassador with legitimate reasoning as to why they would or why they wouldn't. A heavy legitimate no would result in a high possibility of the nominee not passing the rest of the process. Since after all, Ambassadors are nominated and selected by the community.

Forth, this is a more detailed screening. The staff and moderation team once more review the nominee, to make sure that they are the most helpful, kindest, and most knowledgeable.

The final steps are only if they pass both screenings, and the vote resulted in a positive conclusion.

The final steps are being made aware of their approval for the Ambassador role and being made aware of/agreeing to abide by the Ambassador Guidelines.

This process isn't the SbS staff choosing community members for the Ambassador role and saying "Yes they can be an ambassador, they meet the criteria".

This process is SbS staff saying "They are within good standing with us and the community as a whole" and the community saying "Yes/No they do/don't make a good ambassador and they should/shouldn't get the role."

This information can be found in more depth and detail and with the Ambassador guidelines at this link:

Ambassador Program

Providing your feedback on this thread helps others to know who the person is, and your opinion on why or why not they should or shouldn't be an ambassador giving them more insight on to whether which way they should truly vote for the nominee.

There is no "highest package limit" to the ambassador program. There is a requirement of being more neutral when approaching newcomers and asked that you are not promoting your kingdom/domain/community first but rather helping them around the community as a whole in public venues such as the newcomer channel/CoE Official discord/CoE Official Forums/CoE Official Platforms.

This isn't SbS saying "Hey guys what do you think about this person becoming an Ambassador". It's your community member saying "Hey guys, I believe this person should be an Ambassador, do you guys agree with me?"

" Monarchs should not be an Ambassador"

While I can see where this comes from, and understand the potential conflict reasoning provided by the community, I disagree with this. We have multiple Monarchs/Consorts/Nobility as a whole within the Ambassadors and they are the only ones who can truly know their limits on what they can and can not take on. What time they do and do not have time for. The only person who will ever know that is themselves.

One of the guidelines of Ambassadors is:

To maintain both their level of activity on the official Chronicles of Elyria chat platforms, and the helpful, kind, and knowledgeable attitude that brought them to this role.

Our current Monarchs/Consorts/Nobility and really all of the Ambassadors in general are extremely kind, helpful and always engaging/being helpful to the communities at large providing information in both the forums and the discord as well as constantly making/updating useful things for the community to use whether that be on the wiki, or a Q&A website database, a kingdom spreadsheet to help everyone know where the Monarchs/Dukes are or even converting a lot of the information on Chronicles of Elyria into different language for our very large and diverse community.

Ambassador hat off~

I believe that if they are being helpful to the community at large in the official platforms (Forums&Discord), providing information in other aspects by providing access to information in some form like the spreadsheets Emery made or the way that some Ambassadors are translating information for more diverse communities, the wiki, etc. Then I wholeheartedly believe they deserve to be an Ambassador, this role isn't to gain more influence, this role isn't to gain more say in things or trying to "gain an upper hand" in all things Elyria. This role is to help the community, new and old in any way we can and better their experience within the community with our knowledge and expertise.

In my eyes, this requires a lot of involvement/time/dedication to helping on the forums/newcomers channel/common room chat/useful source links(like the spreadsheet/translated pages/wiki)/discord databases etc.

I won't be providing my input on this thread about the nominee or what my vote was/is/might be. I am also not saying that Adam would/wouldn't make a good/bad Ambassador. I am simply trying to provide more information about the Ambassador program. You should be able to make your own decision based on your own knowledge/research of the nominee.

You should vote how you would like to vote, if you think that the person that has been nominated meets all the requirements, meets your expectations of the Ambassador role and more. Then vote Yes and provide that reasoning.

If you believe they do not meet the requirements, or see a conflict, or do not believe they would be good for the role, then vote no and provide the reasoning for that. It's your vote and no one else's.

If you'd like to see others from other servers get nominated and become Ambassadors, you need to seek out people that are going above and beyond for the community from the other servers. They are community nominated, so if you'd like to see more diversity, get more engaged and pursuing it. Get more people helping others in every way that they can. Our servers hold no bounds for who we help/where we can help, we help everyone no matter their ties, their server, their kingdom or their domain.

I didn't mean for this to be so long or read like a novel, but seriously take a look at the Ambassador link and take the time to read over it and become more knowledgable of the role to better understand how the process works and better understand who is and isn't right for the role~ which will always be partially a matter of opinion as well!

I really hope this helps clear a bit of the confusion, and if you have any questions about the Ambassador program I truly hope that we're all able to help you better understand.

I for one, am most appreciative of everything you have done and continue to do.

This is exactly the type of behavior and demeanor that I think we should all strive for in our community Ambassadors.

You do truly represent the best of what I personally feel the program should provide to the community.

Sometimes it takes someone to set the example for the rest of us follow.

And I feel that if you feel this particular candidate can meet those standards, then you should vote for him.

If not, then you should not.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

1/22/2019 6:02:46 PM #120

Awe! That makes me happy. I am glad to help ~ hopefully people are able to see/use it for the future in case they are unaware of the process and are able to help provide more information about the program. And hopefully people better understand for voting like this!

Best of luck Adam for your review process ~