COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Poll] Adam Burrfoot as Community Ambassador

Please cast your vote for Adam Burrfoot as Community Ambassador.

In order for your vote to count, the following must be true:

• You must have a minimum of 250 influence
  • Your CoE account must be in good standing

Remember, this is not a competition and you should cast your vote based on your experience with this candidate alone, not their kingdom affiliation. There is also no limit to the number of ambassadors you may vote for.

By default, your vote in this form is confidential and will only be seen by Soulbound Studios. If you'd like to communicate something publicly, post a reply to this thread as usual. As a reminder, ensure any public comments adhere to our Code of Conduct.

Note: This poll will end automatically 7 days from the post date and time.

Finally, here are a few reminders about what makes a great ambassador:

• They are paragons of what it means to be a CoE community member
  • They are able to answer the toughest of questions about CoE
  • They've displayed an unparalleled willingness to help others

To learn more about this exciting new program, please visit the following link:

Community Ambassador Program

Would you recommend Adam Burrfoot for Community Ambassador?

Voting for this poll is now closed.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

... ...
1/17/2019 8:52:28 PM #76

Personally i think thwy should chamge the name from ambassador to something else and also make it where everykingdom has ambassadors in every kingdom. And make the ambassador position exactly that an ambassador not a community role to help ppl but a political one to further the dance

Count of Caer Genesis

County of Tir Cymoedd Afon
Kingdom of Bordweall(NA-E)
1/18/2019 3:13:41 AM #77

Posted By Sagan at 10:45 AM - Thu Jan 17 2019

Posted By kkillroyv2 at 7:32 PM - Thu Jan 17 2019

I feel like the majority of votes are either Sagan's level of blind faith in glorious Adam

All I've said is that Adam's been helpful and I don't believe its a conflict of interest.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The amount of people you've attempted to attack for voicing their opinions on this thread have proven my point.

On a side note, I feel like being active in Newcomer Questions would be a good way to show you would make a good Ambassador, there are many people in there actively answering questions who have more posts than Adam who aren't considered for this role.

1/18/2019 3:15:49 AM #78

Posted By kkillroyv2 at 2:13 PM - Fri Jan 18 2019

On a side note, I feel like being active in Newcomer Questions would be a good way to show you would make a good Ambassador, there are many people in there actively answering questions who have more posts than Adam who aren't considered for this role.

Probably cause no one has put their name forward, you know how these things work.

1/18/2019 3:30:23 AM #79

Posted By Gunnlang at 03:15 AM - Fri Jan 18 2019

Posted By kkillroyv2 at 2:13 PM - Fri Jan 18 2019

Probably cause no one has put their name forward, you know how these things work.

This whole system is bafflingly implemented, I do think however that more than 10 posts should be encouraged for an Ambassador

1/18/2019 3:50:56 AM #80

Posted By kkillroyv2 at 1:13 PM - Fri Jan 18 2019

The amount of people you've attempted to attack for voicing their opinions on this thread have proven my point.

"Attack"? Omg ahahahahahaha. Prove it. Don't feel it. Otherwise its just a lie.

Ironically, the only one who has been attacked in this thread has been Adam Burrfoot.

If the same people complaining about "rudeness" and "attacks" actually followed those principles then maybe this thread wouldn't have received a troll attack. Honestly, its no surprise. The first ones who tap out and start acting like a victim are often the very people who attack members of the community. This is because there are no merits to this position, only feelings of anger, resentment and jealousy.

1/18/2019 4:17:30 AM #81

Well, that was entertaining to read. And while I voted, I think Sellayne brought up a very good point. The ambassador has to dedicate alot of time for newcomers and I don't know about you, but running a community ON TOP of answering sometimes circular questions is a pain. I'm not going to dispute Adam is incredibly helpful to the community, as a whole, but I believe that their are more influential community members out there (I don't mean rank based) that are constantly on the forums and Discords helping answer questions. While it is a lovely surprise to see Adam on the Discord in #coe-common-room, it is somewhat rare. If at all possible, I believe Labbe or Sagan should be nominated for the position of Ambassador, due to their ongoing presence and helpful demeanor on the Discords.

While I understand that the two Polls I've seen are both Vornair and that may rub people the wrong way, perhaps instead of attacking the person, you should put up your own nominations and debate instead, why one candidate should or shouldn't be considered.

Thanks for reading this.

~Huldric

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

1/18/2019 5:11:55 AM #82

Must have missed the edits.. sad that we're still painting entire 1k+ communities with a broad brush for the actions of a few but that's what the dance is all about.

Hope they fix the popularity aspect of this system and create some actual standards for current members.

Maybe some good will come from all this silliness after all.

1/18/2019 5:56:44 AM #83

"recognize and empower"

There is one word in that statement that shouldn't ever be there. Empowering means that there is power to obtain which is power that can be corrupted, misused and abused.

"an Ambassador’s words carry much more weight."

So the is the aim of the ambassador program to give even more to the already powerful? No, it is not and I said it last time that my vote is a no to first and foremost protect the game and Adam.

Adam if you become and ambassador think of the repercussions that will surmount what ever your intentions are. You are one of (if only) few that has the capability to influence this game on a level that dictates the game getting the association of pay to win. A term that can kill the game and the community before the game is even released.

Adam think of the backlash of you becoming and ambassador. How many more people are going to turn against you? Look at how many people want to just kill Caspian for the fun of it because he is a developer? You having that association of being the Mr. Pay to Win or he who has everything. There is just so much to gain from going after you. You who has already invested so much into the game.

People are all ready shying away from events, I was one of them. I didn't participate in the last one because I knew there was no point.

1/18/2019 5:57:22 AM #84

Posted By Lady Grace at 7:53 PM - Wed Jan 16 2019

This voting system is at risk of being flawed now, because being popular is no guarantee of being knowledgeable or actually helpful to new players on the SBS Discord.

Good thing this poll isn't the sole criteria then!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

1/18/2019 6:38:12 AM #85

Posted By Adam Burrfoot at 3:32 PM - Wed Jan 16 2019

I would also point out, that unlike the bias and conflict of interest being shown by way of voting and politicking from the group who showed up today after being directed to do so by their community, I have also shown an ability to not be biased and try to sway this system in any way by not telling my own community to come enmasse and vote the way I tell them to vote.

One that isnt my right as a community leader, my community has their own thoughts and opinions and can choose to express them if they so desire. Two that completely invalidates the point behind collecting feedback from the community on these types of decisions. As soon as you turn this feedback system into a game you are the one displaying a conflict of interest and trying to abuse a system to your own ends.

Just my own 2 cents.

In effect you are.

1/18/2019 8:40:37 AM #86

Posted By Gunghoe at 01:38 AM - Fri Jan 18 2019

Posted By Adam Burrfoot at 3:32 PM - Wed Jan 16 2019

I would also point out, that unlike the bias and conflict of interest being shown by way of voting and politicking from the group who showed up today after being directed to do so by their community, I have also shown an ability to not be biased and try to sway this system in any way by not telling my own community to come enmasse and vote the way I tell them to vote.

One that isnt my right as a community leader, my community has their own thoughts and opinions and can choose to express them if they so desire. Two that completely invalidates the point behind collecting feedback from the community on these types of decisions. As soon as you turn this feedback system into a game you are the one displaying a conflict of interest and trying to abuse a system to your own ends.

Just my own 2 cents.

In effect you are.

Nah, I've seen no post in the community to come and do anything here... And for as long as I have been a part of the Vornair community. I have never at anytime seen Adam mandate a choice from community members. He as always encouraged people to make their own choices.

I voted for Adam because I know he will do what he can to help anyone that is part of the CoE community. Be them new or someone that has been around for years.

And as I see it... That is what is being ask of an Ambassador for CoE.

1/18/2019 10:51:29 AM #87

Posted By Jazz at 4:56 PM - Fri Jan 18 2019

Adam if you become and ambassador think of the repercussions that will surmount what ever your intentions are. You are one of (if only) few that has the capability to influence this game on a level that dictates the game getting the association of pay to win. A term that can kill the game and the community before the game is even released.

Personally I have always found it interesting Adam has somehow gained so much power. Yet it's mostly from people like yourself giving it to him. People seem so fearful of Adam and basically anything he does.

Yet for the longest time Ghettomaster was and maybe still is the biggest backer. Yet nothing is really said about him. Is that cause he is a duke? Maybe. I don't really see him being active on the forums or in the general CoE discord. Which maybe that helps as well.

Even Ghetto aside, there are so many other massive backers. Gone are the days that if someone is rank 12 here, they must be a king. Now there are so many different people rank 12, it's somewhat insane within itself.

But somehow only Adam is the threat to everything? Why isn't the double king on EU gaining the same amount of pure hatred? Has Adam done something to deserve all this?

Why is Adam more of a threat gaining Ambassador than anyone else around? I would have thought, looking in and seeing any high backer, say 1k+ gaining any kind of role would be seen as bad. But somehow only Adam counts as wrong. While people may have said they didn't like other dukes+ getting the role. Never remember seeing much of anything said in their threads.

Everything I said aside, I just point out this one small detail:

Screening. Each nomination will be screened for suitability by SBS staff and the community moderation team. Does the candidate reach the requisite criteria? Is the candidate interested? If not, why not? From start to finish, this stage lasts 7 days.

So clearly SBS/Mod team thinks Adam is good. It's only people within here that see a problem. Maybe SBS will just make him mod, then you will really lose your fucking shit.

1/18/2019 12:53:51 PM #88

You bring up a very good point, Gunnlang. Why isn't up in arms about the EU double kingdom or GhettoMaster for that matter? I believe the answer lays in the fact GhettoMaster hasn't (that I know of) been nominated to become an ambassador. I can understand the aversion that some community members feel about promoting Adam to ambassador, I share some of that aversion too.

If this were Bombastus up for nomination or Violet, I wouldn't have anything but accolades for them and I believe the aforementioned individuals have performed their services spectacularly. Both (and many other ambassadors) put their duties as an ambassador before their duties as Duke/Duchess/etc and I commend them for it. It takes a great deal of attention and sacrifice to do the job that they're doing. They're in the overall CoE community, they're almost obsessively knowledgeable in most things CoE and they're approachable. All these qualities are what make an ambassador, well an ambassador. Adam possesses these qualities. He's incredibly knowledgeable in matters of CoE, that sometimes I find myself a little astonished that I didn't know. He engages the community by co-hosting The Town Crier, as well as his own personal stream.

While, it is rare that I see Adam in the CoE common room chat on Discord, I have seen in the past, the brief times he does make his presence known, he normally answers questions and has short conversations with the denizens of the chat. While, Adam has the makings of a great ambassador, I feel like it would come with baggage or more appropriately, a reputation.

Being that Adam is a monarch of a fantastic and loyal community, almost automatically puts him in the spotlight or in some cases, cross-hairs of other communities. Some of the more vocal members of those communities may or may not be against Adam because he's this or he's that, doesn't excuse the rude manner in which some of these opinions are voiced. Though how the opinions are voiced could improve, the message that some members have brought forth are nevertheless valid to those individuals.

Which, my opinion on the matter, is I believe Adam plays 4D chess. Meaning, I don't know if the intentions of the nominatee to become an ambassador is to help the overall community or has an ulterior motive. From my perspective, Adam has a reputation of being a cunning individual, which is fantastic to cultivate as a leader of a community and in a game such as this. It is not something that I would want in an ambassador for a fledging game such CoE. To me, leave the Dance of Dynasties at the doorstep, if you become anything official in SBS's eyes.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

~Huldric

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

1/18/2019 1:03:04 PM #89

I am Markof, i am part of this community since 7/28/2015, nearly a year before the kick starter, i am an officer in Demalion empire, one of the kingdoms of Selene the EU server and i will be a count in that kingdom, i own a brewmaster pledge and as such i have access to a special monthly video chat Q&A with the development team and to the special forum that goes with it, and i am a Community Ambassador.

As my fellow Ambassadors, as an Ambassador, i have no influence over the development of the game, i am not the ambassador of Demalion Empire, i am not an ambassador of the Selene server, i am a CoE Community Ambassador, my name is green on the official discord and i have access to a special chat channel where i can discuss with fellow ambassadors, mods and Serpentius.

Apart from that, how each Ambassador act toward what is described here is personal. Some of us spend a lot of time in the newcomer-questions channel answering questions, others spend lots of time in the coe-common-room or in the forums or in different communities providing translation and answering questions, others also spent a lot of time compiling knowledge, sorting and indexing it or hunting false information and errors to correct them. But in the end we all spent time reading the lore and the DJs, trying to keep up with the release of information on discord or on the forum, Helping all those that need help or seek answers, trying to provide sources every time we can and making sure our fellow Ambassador do not make mistakes or find the most relevant source.

For a year and a half since Ambassadors exist, we all have tried hard to be neutral when speaking as Ambassadors, we have help every player in need of help no matter what their community and none of us ever used our status for self promotion or the promotion of any particular community apart from the grand CoE community at large.

I am not posting here about Adam Burfoot potential Ambassador status, that's a question you have to ask and answer yourself individually, i am here to do what i think is my Ambassador's duty, correcting false information and wrong assertions about game related information, namely the Community Ambassador program.

And once again here are the sources about the program and if any of you still have any question about us Ambassadors feel free to ask them i or any of my wonderful and extremely dedicated fellow Ambassadors will be more than happy to answer.

1/18/2019 1:08:47 PM #90

"Why isn't the double king on EU gaining the same amount of pure hatred? Has Adam done something to deserve all this?"

These are very good questions.

And ones that the Dev. team should probably have looked into during the aforementioned 7 day selection process prior to setting up this vote.

Just my opinion, but this vote hasn't done much to make our game look very appealing to any new players.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

... ...