COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Poll] Adam Burrfoot as Community Ambassador

Please cast your vote for Adam Burrfoot as Community Ambassador.

In order for your vote to count, the following must be true:

• You must have a minimum of 250 influence
  • Your CoE account must be in good standing

Remember, this is not a competition and you should cast your vote based on your experience with this candidate alone, not their kingdom affiliation. There is also no limit to the number of ambassadors you may vote for.

By default, your vote in this form is confidential and will only be seen by Soulbound Studios. If you'd like to communicate something publicly, post a reply to this thread as usual. As a reminder, ensure any public comments adhere to our Code of Conduct.

Note: This poll will end automatically 7 days from the post date and time.

Finally, here are a few reminders about what makes a great ambassador:

• They are paragons of what it means to be a CoE community member
  • They are able to answer the toughest of questions about CoE
  • They've displayed an unparalleled willingness to help others

To learn more about this exciting new program, please visit the following link:

Community Ambassador Program

Would you recommend Adam Burrfoot for Community Ambassador?

Voting for this poll is now closed.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

1/15/2019 9:48:22 PM #1

Adam Burrfoot manages an astronomical community all his own and still takes time to always be personable with everyone! He has my vote!

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

1/15/2019 11:55:40 PM #2

flips table

1/16/2019 1:28:23 AM #3

Adam Burrfoot taught me most of what I know about Chronicles of Elyria. He also helped my perspective on the prealpha development processes as well as my ability to see from a gameplay point of view, and hes done this for many others. He's been outspoken on the communities behalf, some times against SBS's decisions, for very good reasons. He leads a busy life and has many responsibilities, one of which is the community of thousands of people he has helped fall in love with the game and Caspian's hopes.

Has he earned Community Ambassador? Without a doubt the answer is yes. But there is more to this position than cut and dry merits. Its a community role based on interacting with people who aren't in your circles, with no intentions other than to help communications.

Adam is definitely deserving but I hope he takes this for what it is. Its not a golden star sticker or a congratulation ribbon. Its the catalyst for another new beginning where you take up another responsibility. You'll get the green tag, I'm certain. But for this tag to mean anything he will have to start visiting the forums and main Discord again, to once again contribute to the evolving culture in a positive way.

The communities need for sensible adults and actual alpha testers has not diminished over time, it has increased. We need people like Adam to be involved in the dialogue, and it's been that way for a long time.

1/16/2019 1:54:52 AM #4

I feel Adam would make a great choice as an ambassador. There are many reasons I believe he’d excel at the position but mainly he’s knowledgeable, responsive, and accessible. The support he provides to the CoE community makes him meet the three outlined requirements quite easily.

• He is part of the Town Crier, as well as he hosts a Kingdom Q&A (which is kingdom specific BUT anyone can attend the public Q&A’s and he’ll field any question presented to him) Both of these allow direct CoE community interactions where difficult conversations can take place.

• He keeps expectations reigned in and aligned with SBS’s goals while still encouraging growth from those he interacts with. (Specifically he keeps hype in check, but still assists people in aiming for large objectives)

• He always responds to direct messages, and interacts when free within Discord.

His show, and open access approach has allowed me to learn things I might not have previously had access to. As Sagan has mentioned he has been for and against things SBS has done, but I believe at the core it's about helping SBS deliver a better game, and a better experience. I think someone who'll represent SBS, but also state their opinions respectfully is the right type of person for the role.

1/16/2019 5:41:24 AM #5

Posted By Sagan at 6:28 PM - Tue Jan 15 2019

Adam Burrfoot taught me most of what I know about Chronicles of Elyria. He also helped my perspective on the prealpha development processes as well as my ability to see from a gameplay point of view, and hes done this for many others. He's been outspoken on the communities behalf, some times against SBS's decisions, for very good reasons. He leads a busy life and has many responsibilities, one of which is the community of thousands of people he has helped fall in love with the game and Caspian's hopes.

Has he earned Community Ambassador? Without a doubt the answer is yes. But there is more to this position than cut and dry merits. Its a community role based on interacting with people who aren't in your circles, with no intentions other than to help communications.

Adam is definitely deserving but I hope he takes this for what it is. Its not a golden star sticker or a congratulation ribbon. Its the catalyst for another new beginning where you take up another responsibility. You'll get the green tag, I'm certain. But for this tag to mean anything he will have to start visiting the forums and main Discord again, to once again contribute to the evolving culture in a positive way.

The communities need for sensible adults and actual alpha testers has not diminished over time, it has increased. We need people like Adam to be involved in the dialogue, and it's been that way for a long time.

Honestly, I am very happy to have been a positive influence to you, and everyone else who has commented on this thread so far. I completely agree that this is not simply an achievement badge, it would be an additional role that I would be accepting and I would need to take that role as seriously as I take any other role I have taken on thus far.

This includes:

1. Spending more time in the CoE discord and forums (I will likely dedicate a certain portion of my day on a daily basis to interacting and doing my due diligence on the CoE discord and forums).

2. Coming up with new and interesting ideas for getting people's commonly asked questions answered in a easily repeatable process that can be used by anyone in the community, ambassador and community member alike.

3. Coming up and participating in events, like weekly voice AMA's with the Ambassadors that are recorded and published for view by anyone who was unable to attend, or making suggestions for more streamlined methods by which to get people's questions answered in a referencable, repeatable, less time consuming process.

4. Work with the community to help create more assets for new people to the CoE community to get them spun up on the game in a more streamlined process utilizing audio, visual, readable, and audible mediums so that anyone of any learning type can get solid, verifiable information on the game that brings them up to speed and sets their expectations appropriately readying them to participate and engage in an informed manor in the community at large.

These are some of the ideas that I have of how the Ambassador role can be utilized to bring about good for the community and new comers to the community, as well as take pressure off of the community engagement team at the studio as well as the developers so that they can focus on what they do best rather than being pinged by questions that they have answered multiple times previously and so that members of the community can start from the same level of knowledge and understanding of the game and become engaged easier and quicker with the larger community.

Will all of this come to fruition if I become and Ambassador, I honestly cant say. However, these are things I feel I could bring to the table as an ambassador if taking on that role is what this community would like from me. Is it possible for other Ambassadors to pick up these ideas and implement them regardless of if I become an ambassador or not? I sure hope that they can, and do.

:-)

Anywho, I just wanted to pop in and express both my surprise at being nominated again and my appreciation that the feedback, atleast in the thread so far, has been fairly positive. I have learned not to expect that type of response when operating outside of my own community, I am happy to see that that lesson is not completely accurate. So thank you again.

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

1/16/2019 6:05:41 PM #6

Adam do you not see this as a conflict of interests?

1/16/2019 6:18:27 PM #7

I dont see it as any more of a conflict of interest for me as it would be for anyone else in the community.

Additionally, I feel that conflicts of interest only occur when someone can not segregate the roles they have accepted and ensure they are acting in full faith and confidence of the role they are upholding in the space that they are conducting that role in.

IE were I to get this role I would have to segregate my role as a community leader (just like any other ambassador) from my role as an ambassador by ensuring that my activity in the CoE discord is limited to participating as an ambassador in my ambassador role, and any conversations that spring from there stay within my segregated ambassador role, where as within my own community environments I can continue doing what I do.

However, like I said I dont see this as any different for me than it is for literally anyone else in the community who is or will be an ambassador. Everyone in this community will eventually play this game, and each of them will either lead or be apart of their own community, guild, organization, domain, etc. Therefore each ambassador will have some level of conflict of interest, its a simple matter of if they are mature and ethical enough to fulfill the role as they should or will they take advantage of the role for their own self interest.

I'd like to think I've proven on a number of occasions that I am more than willing to work against my own self interests for the betterment of the CoE community at large. Additionally I am well aware that I am capable and proficient in segregating / separating my roles so that I can give each the attention needed and fulfill that role's expectations fully. I do it in my real life on a regular basis, not only am I Vornair Community Lead, King of the Kingdom of Vornair, I also work 2 full time jobs in which I exceed the expectations of my roles, and go to school full time where I maintain a 4.0 GPA. I am a husband and father of two and my home life is exceedingly balanced and happy, no complaints from the wife in the slightest and the kiddos get to spend time with their daddy on a daily basis.

Some would read that and go "If you do all of that how on earth would you have enough time to perform this role as well." In all honesty, I wouldnt have accepted the nomination if I wasnt sure I could be a benefit to the role and meet the expectations there in. For me it is a simple matter of time management and allocation which comes naturally to me. AND! Luckily I dont sleep, so that helps. :-D

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

1/16/2019 6:56:38 PM #8

I would respectfully urge everyone to vote no against this farce.

Diplomacy? That's the name of my Axe!

1/16/2019 7:24:52 PM #9

He already had a shot at this last year and it flopped. I already had a shot at this last year and it flopped, no one who has already failed should be allowed to do this again.

1/16/2019 7:45:16 PM #10

Posted By Nomeatloaf at 12:56 PM - Wed Jan 16 2019

And why is it a farce? Because he has a community of his own? Might I say that so too does every green tag that I know of.

1/16/2019 7:53:57 PM #11

After reading again the terms and conditions I have changed my uh comments to be less of a troll. Basically the long and short of it is, those who have failed before to try something, shouldn't be first pick to try again. Especially because we're human and whether we mean to or not, conflicts of interest always gets in the way. Politically speaking, historically, we'll always favor those who are our subjects over those who are not. No matter how hard we try. It takes a good ruler to understand this, and a better one to admit it.

One must not always answer every question, one must always question every answer.

1/16/2019 7:57:37 PM #12

Whilst Adam is a great community member, I think monarchs shouldn't be Ambassadors to prevent accusations of conflicted interests.

1/16/2019 8:04:59 PM #13

I think Adam would be a great addition, and cannot recommend him enough.

1/16/2019 8:10:39 PM #14

Posted By SilentPeat at 2:45 PM - Wed Jan 16 2019

Posted By Nomeatloaf at 12:56 PM - Wed Jan 16 2019

And why is it a farce? Because he has a community of his own? Might I say that so too does every green tag that I know of.

Due to the fact that he is a king, which would create a bias. Anyone who is in that kind of position should not be allowed to hold any kind of position related to the game, in case of bias. If Any other king of duke were to be nominated, I would say no just the same.

Diplomacy? That's the name of my Axe!

1/16/2019 8:11:38 PM #15

Posted By Maulvorn at 1:57 PM - Wed Jan 16 2019

Whilst Adam is a great community member, I think monarchs shouldn't be Ambassadors to prevent accusations of conflicted interests.

That's where I am at. Whether it is actual or just preceived each action will be judged with the fact that there is a monarch (or double monarch in this case) behind the keyboard trying to protect and expand their domain and play the political game. Maybe some people are capable of complete concious and subconscious separation of roles, but many aren't.