COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Potential for prejudice ingame?

*First and foremost, i do not condone any acts of racism, sexism or discrimination of any kind, nor do i practice it myself.

Im trying to word this and explain this as good as I can while giving you my question.

Is in-game, in-character racism, sexism, or discrimination allowed?

My two cents on the matter is as follows. This game will somewhat resemble medieval times and structure. You can already bet some players will potentionally act a certain way towards a certain tribe group, kingdom or gender and possibly sexuality. Of course in real life this is not accepted behaviour since we should all respect everyones beliefs, gender, origins and sexuality.

But this is a game and if someone for example wanted to RP as a prejudice lord towards a certain group or just as a grumpy character with hate for a certain tribe or people of a kingdom. would it be allowed or would GMs take action? I am not trying to start a shitstorm or a raging discussion of the moral and ethical beliefs of people.

I am just contemplating and generally asking if this would be allowed as, lets be honest. Im certain people in real life who are prejudiced will play this game aswell, and if this game is supposed to mimick a world in close resemblance to old medieval times, I believe it would be hard to stop discrimination from occuring in the game by nature.

You have already made clear that same sex marriage is in the game which is fantastic i think. Love to see developers supporting love in all its forms. Unfortunatley im certain some people will be against that too, both personally and then in-game.

So how will the developers handle it?

Please, keep this discussion civilized and respect your fellow gamers looking forward to what looks like a great game.

Steel and Blood forges the best weapons.

1/12/2019 10:40:59 PM #16

The only time the studio will allegedly get involved is in clear cases of abuse in the context of griefing, but that's as much as I've seen them say on intervention.

With respect to prejudice, it's already in the game and tribal lore touches on these subjects. IIRC, it exists most prominently between the Dras and Janoa and between the Waerd and Toresk.

1/13/2019 7:23:11 AM #17

I imagine RP will be encouraged, positive, and negative.

Certainly the already established lore and professions would indicate such.

1/14/2019 12:49:14 AM #18

If it's prejudice in Elyria (ALL THESE KIPIQS LOOK ALIKE TO ME!) our Mayors, Kings, Queens, etc. are going to have to decide how to deal with it and what antidiscrimination laws to pass.

If its prejudice from Earth (THE BIBLE SAYS ALL MALE GAY PEOPLE ARE ABOMINATIONS JUST LIKE THOSE WHO EAT SHRIMP) that's a real life issue.

1/14/2019 1:00:05 AM #19

Also, whenever I read the original posters name "Gonnabeablacksmith" its always to the cadence "Wanna Build A Snowman".

.... Sorry