COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Keeping Mounts Alive

From what I've read, mounts and pets are easily killed. I wonder how this will affect going into a dungeon or cave. Would a party have to leave someone behind to care for the animals, missing out on the fun to keep monsters, griefers, bandits and predators from killing their mounts? I'd hate to have to go leave my mount somewhere safe and come back on foot every time I found a cave to explore.

12/28/2018 7:22:23 PM #1

This could open up the opportunity to pay someone specifically to go along with you and watch the mount while you dungeon delve.

Or maybe you camp outside and leave the mounts tied up in the morning while you spelunk?

This is one of those open ended questions that leaves room for a variety of potential answers we players get to work together to solve :D

1/9/2019 12:35:44 AM #2

I was also wondering about this, not just about them being killed, but what if you leave your mount and someone comes and steals it?

1/16/2019 7:21:05 PM #3

Disclaimer: New to the forums and not informed or up to date on any existing discussions so far.

They (the mounts) ((hopefully)) could attack anyone tryiing to force move them or even come close.

Generally, they could try to resist and then run away or fight up to a certain point (depending on training and character).

Let's say you bind them to a tree (loosely) and go cave hunting. After some time a player comes along and wants to approach the mounts. The horses see the stranger and start to get nervous. The player decides to steal one of the horses and tries to interact with the rope. The horse turns aggressive and kicks the player and if not left alone, starts to run off for a while.

After 30 min. you emerge and see the empty spot. Now it depends on traiing (maybe) as to how the mount may behave: - it could have run back to your house - it could have run away a certain distance and was taught to wait until you call for it - It could return after x time and wait for you near the spot you left it - it could be a total airhead and got lost in nature, never to be found without you looking for it...

I hope there is some deep thought model put into work as to how these situations might turn out.

On another note: Is there any information on "mounts bought from the store Vs. Life span"?

If you buy one to support the project, will it die with your first SoL or will it stay with your account for x SoLs? Can you breed them or will they become souls upon death and be available after a certain time? (Like: it died and will come back in 48h real time with all stats reversed to beginner level)

1/16/2019 8:27:37 PM #4

Posted By Archiemedis at 1:21 PM - Wed Jan 16 2019

If you buy one to support the project, will it die with your first SoL or will it stay with your account for x SoLs? Can you breed them or will they become souls upon death and be available after a certain time? (Like: it died and will come back in 48h real time with all stats reversed to beginner level)

They will die, but I don't think we have any clarity on animal lifespans at this juncture. So be prepared to either breed them or buy/capture new ones.

1/17/2019 1:51:06 AM #5

Personally find it a little too early to be worrying about this. We have no idea how tough/easy it will be to kill a mount.

Let alone how long they'll live naturally or how viable breeding will be.

More things that'll get looked into closer to a beta.

However I understand your concern, I play a bit of ARK, and not getting too attached to a mount is important xD

1/17/2019 5:48:01 AM #6

Take turns riding on your buddies back. That way one of you can rest and then when the other gets tired you can switch. Bam now you don't even need a mount.

1/17/2019 5:54:33 AM #7

Just make sure you are riding around on your war trison. One would hope they aren't easy to kill.

1/17/2019 9:13:22 AM #8

I WAIT THAT I START breeding WAR TRISON AND HORSES

2/28/2019 9:40:28 AM #9

Hire some Kypiq NPC guards who can hide in the trees and rain down projectiles and firebombs to anyone who tries to mess with your camp.

Will be playing on Selene (EU) Server
2/28/2019 1:18:13 PM #10

I think NPC guards / camp helpers will be common for any sort of organized expedition whether it is a merchant caravan or an exploratory mission into the wilds.

Countess DeBrume, Brume Harrow, Blackthorn Vale, Mytharbor, Free Kingdom of Alesia (NA-E)

2/28/2019 4:16:44 PM #11

Posted By Ogarra at 4:35 PM - Tue Jan 08 2019

I was also wondering about this, not just about them being killed, but what if you leave your mount and someone comes and steals it?

Then you lose your mount.

2/28/2019 5:55:09 PM #12

There was a thing either a post or QA where they discussed mounts and pets and all in very generic and general terms.

Basically a very well trained and loyal pet/mount will not be easy to steal. They will fight or just in general not follow commands from someone they don’t recognize. How well they fight one would assume would be determined by the animal type a wolf pet will fight better than a horse. At the same time it’s also possible the animal would just run away and wait to be called by their owner.

A player can survive out in the wild with proper protection food and water for a very long time. One would assume (no hard data available yet) that your mount would be able to hang around where you had it tied up for several hours without issue unless the weather was bad. Ie tornado or ice storm and the like.

Bare in mind this was discussed a while ago and things tend to change.