COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Are there any villainous groups not associated with a government?

if there is can list them to me or something?

Salamanca

12/28/2018 1:35:52 AM #1

this would be a terrible idea. due to the fact that any villainous group worth its salt will be hidden. and any that you come across that doesn't want to remain anonymous to some extent will be found and persecuted.

United we stand. Divided we fall. Friend Code: ABF605 Click my Banner to find out more

12/28/2018 1:54:39 AM #2

The only one I know of, is ran by the guy named, The White Mage. Apart from that, as said above. Most wouldn't be sharing themselves publicly. It's just stupid.

12/28/2018 3:11:50 AM #3

Define "villainous"

Friend Code: 1C7762

12/31/2018 1:09:11 PM #4

Posted By Gunnlang at 6:54 PM - Thu Dec 27 2018

The only one I know of, is ran by the guy named, The White Mage. Apart from that, as said above. Most wouldn't be sharing themselves publicly. It's just stupid.

Close, my friend.

This is an example why you can get away with open advertising, but only to a certain extent. It's common knowledge that gangs exist yet in over two decades the police have not been able to bring them down or stop their criminal activity. They are only one aspect of the criminal underworld. Do you think it will be simple to do in Elyria?

As long as you have the correct structure, leadership, and are careful with your information you won't have many problems when it comes to advertising.

Keep in mind there will be NPC-run deviant groups in the game as well. Hunt through the forums and you will find the other deviant groups.

12/31/2018 6:08:36 PM #5

Super Villains I hope will be a thing.

In fact I believe we need more.

More fun having more bad guys for those holier than thou people to fight.

Good luck in your search.

1/7/2019 3:55:52 AM #6

Vornair if you listen to certain people lol.

1/7/2019 4:12:22 AM #7

The typical response from the devs is that government is poised to be the villains of so many. It is indeed hard to find a group that isn't tied to government, It's only natural to be 'close' to government when one is their direct competition. We will see who does the shadow war the best.

1/7/2019 6:06:34 PM #8

@Gunghoe has it right--if you're looking for a group without government affiliation, you're playing on hard mode. Which is fine, of course. But, the security of working behind the scenes for the wealthy is pretty compelling. It's much more likely that your count, and not your local crime boss, has the judge in his pocket. And the judge is the ultimate authority on who keeps their spark burning when they've been caught with their hand in someone's till.

1/7/2019 6:31:06 PM #9

There likely will be criminal groups in game, but those sorts of groups always spring up around opportunities. As the game hasn't started yet, there are no opportunities to exploit. Any "villainous" groups that exist might not even survive until launch, seeing as there's currently nothing for them to do.

[This space intentionally left blank.]

1/7/2019 11:17:33 PM #10

I thought the villanous groups were the kingdoms??

4/10/2019 2:55:45 PM #11

I find quite odd that there isnt any well know villainous groups. The thing is even if a group is well know for corruption, you would have to prove that they committed any evil deeds. I think this would be the intersection of politics and non evil guilds.

Hïgh Græÿ: Service not Glory

4/10/2019 7:02:27 PM #12

I don't quite buy into that publicly announcing yourself a deviant group being a bad thing. Your forum name will have nothing to do with your character name and what is someone going to go? Search for a group by a name that may or may not be the actual name across the thousands of settlements based on an obscure forum description that may or may not still be accurate? Knowing a potential name and obscure description of a criminal group literally does nothing for you but allow you to send yourself on wild goose chases. If anything, people staying quiet is helping the general population by keeping that fear and paranoia hidden away under the illusion that these groups do not exist yet.

The only way having a post up hurts your group is if you mess up the vetting process and get moles in your group. Do your vetting right and it's not an issue.

I don't know anymore.

4/11/2019 5:44:20 PM #13

Villainous Groups? Hmm. I know of a certain town dedicated to deviancy, guile, and the like! We're none to shy of it either.

So there's at least one group out there. At this stage though, I am sure many of the edgier groups are playing ninja and hiding out until they can strike.

4/11/2019 7:44:00 PM #14

Posted By Takeda_Shinukage at 12:02 PM - Wed Apr 10 2019

I don't quite buy into that publicly announcing yourself a deviant group being a bad thing. Your forum name will have nothing to do with your character name and what is someone going to go? Search for a group by a name that may or may not be the actual name across the thousands of settlements based on an obscure forum description that may or may not still be accurate? Knowing a potential name and obscure description of a criminal group literally does nothing for you but allow you to send yourself on wild goose chases. If anything, people staying quiet is helping the general population by keeping that fear and paranoia hidden away under the illusion that these groups do not exist yet.

The only way having a post up hurts your group is if you mess up the vetting process and get moles in your group. Do your vetting right and it's not an issue.

There are numerous ways of sleuthing the connections between a player name and a forum name. The more you expose yourself to public view, the more likely someone is to be able to draw the proper lines around a deduction.

Of course all of this happens on a bell curve. The number of players with the talent and skill necessary to pierce a cloud of anonymity are probably as rare as players with the wits to keep themselves concealed.

5/13/2019 8:52:39 PM #15

I am trying to recruit players for an evil cult/ religion. I'm playing Dras

Hïgh Græÿ: Service not Glory