COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
I have potato

Why do I have a potato? Why is it glowing? Am I supposed to do something with this? Is it going to give me magick powers? Does it come with a mandoline? Is it radioactive? Is this hot potato? Should I pass it to someone else or... or what? I der ner wut do ERMERGERD.

Anyway, I haven't been on in a while. How's everyone doing?

- Shmuck

2/8/2019 3:23:57 AM #1

I'm doing good.

Potatoes are meant to be eaten. I don't care what it looks like you best eat it or you're gonna go straight to hell.

4/8/2019 3:12:05 AM #2

Guess I'll just burn. Shrugs

- Shmuck

4/8/2019 7:36:49 PM #3

There's a recipe kit (The Lost Vault Recipe Kit) in the current promo that will give you a recipe to turn that glowing potato into glowing potato alcohol...

• Snipehunter
4/8/2019 8:11:42 PM #4

Posted By Snipehunter at 2:36 PM - Mon Apr 08 2019

There's a recipe kit (The Lost Vault Recipe Kit) in the current promo that will give you a recipe to turn that glowing potato into glowing potato alcohol...

I don't always drink vodka, but when I do, it's glowing.

Chronicles of Elyria Kickstarter backer #2!

4/8/2019 8:17:41 PM #5

Posted By KalTheo at 4:11 PM - Mon Apr 08 2019

Posted By Snipehunter at 2:36 PM - Mon Apr 08 2019

I don't always drink vodka, but when I do, it's glowing.

Murgol's Vodka, it's so good it's practically glowing... because it is!

4/8/2019 8:32:40 PM #6

Posted By Snipehunter at 9:36 PM - Mon Apr 08 2019

does this imply, that there is still a source for glowing potatoes after the game goes live? So the whole lost vault with all its weird loot and shiny stuff will still be a thing later? Otherwise, this promo-event-recipe would be quite weird... I'd just have thought, that we'd have finished raiding that vault and not much would be left inside and accumulated potatoes should rot within the first years... So there is a huge potato farm in that vault? Or will planting glowing potatos in a normal acre result in more glowing potatoes? I'd think, the glow is part of the source=vault, and not part of the plant... And I'd have thought, that to turn potatoes into vodka, a normal common recipe would be just fine... where will the glow go to, if one uses a normal recipe for vodka?

Friend Code: 30EF47

4/8/2019 9:39:48 PM #7

Glowing potatoes are unique potato plant with differing properties from regular potatoes, but they are still plants. You can still plant them, and they'll still grow. They prefer the dark and grow better in shadier environments, sure, but they will grow, and glow. That glow (and related properties) goes away in most cooking, brewing, and distilling processes if you just treat them the way you would any other potato, however. The recipe book shows you how to address that, among other things, to produce glowing spirit that cannot be produced with any other ingredient.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
4/8/2019 10:12:06 PM #8

I keep your potato.

So is there a chance, Hrothi could cultivate them undergrounds? And, if you’ll excuse the quick hijack, edible mushrooms or lichen? So we’re not having to exclusively rely on upworld sources for food? Or what about giant worms and/or beetles tunnel ranches?

Hm, may have to get that kit anyways, glowing drinks could be useful, takes the term Weg-Bier to a whole new level.

4/8/2019 10:46:58 PM #9

Posted By Snipehunter at 11:39 PM - Mon Apr 08 2019

Glowing potatoes are unique potato plant with differing properties from regular potatoes, but they are still plants. You can still plant them, and they'll still grow. They prefer the dark and grow better in shadier environments, sure, but they will grow, and glow. That glow (and related properties) goes away in most cooking, brewing, and distilling processes if you just treat them the way you would any other potato, however. The recipe book shows you how to address that, among other things, to produce glowing spirit that cannot be produced with any other ingredient.

it does, thanks. So whatever happens, if my hrothi discovers a new dark cave, he can plant his potatoes to enlighten it a bit and does not need to rely on other glowing plants for this. I'd really like to see how underground settlements work and which plants grow there etc... but one more available plant for litterally anyone that was active some months ago is quite nice, too :)

Friend Code: 30EF47

4/8/2019 10:50:45 PM #10

Posted By Gromschlog at 6:46 PM - Mon Apr 08 2019

Posted By Snipehunter at 11:39 PM - Mon Apr 08 2019

it does, thanks. So whatever happens, if my hrothi discovers a new dark cave, he can plant his potatoes to enlighten it a bit and does not need to rely on other glowing plants for this. I'd really like to see how underground settlements work and which plants grow there etc... but one more available plant for litterally anyone that was active some months ago is quite nice, too :)

Still possible to get glowtatoes, just no new ones are coming around. Just need to find someone with some they are willing to spare. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a mound of glowing potatoes to go lay in.

4/11/2019 1:30:27 AM #11

Gimme Tater Plz

NA-EAST

4/11/2019 1:44:26 AM #12

Posted By Mozh at 9:30 PM - Wed Apr 10 2019

Gimme Tater Plz

Nope. All mine! Seriously, I’ve recently passed 100 of them and still looking for more.