COMMUNITY - FORUMS - OCEANUS GENERAL
No Double Kingdom thankyou

Now it is already too late as we have 2 kingdoms supporting a new king. Unfortunately the Kingdom will be the same as LV in everything but name and aesthetic. Same goals, same values. This is not a building of a new kingdom but an old kingdom taking new territory. Anyone that did not join LV before will have no reason to join Sokara.

The Duke with a casus belli is a wasted reward, no duke is going to be able to recruit anyone when there are 2 Kingdoms to oppose the single duchy.

The only possible goals I can foresee the 2 Kingdoms having are to quickly overtake the less populated Tylsia and then the lone Aequitas. It is of course possible to have other goals than conquest but I do not think you will see them here.

No doubt you will not see this new king in public again for another year after this event is over. Will lie cheat and steal for this event.

Other contestants arent totally genuine but at least they add story and potential for a new community to form with a new social dynamic.

This isnt an event to world build or build community on Oce. Its just an auction. Sbs is aware of what will happen and that it will be an issue.

12/18/2018 7:30:49 AM #1

It's not a sure thing. Emery has an official stance of support for Preacher, but he does not control me, and I support another candidate. If Preacher was the only valid option I would be delighted with him as a ruler, but, with another qualified candidate running I can't (in good faith) support him. Having said that, if you're this pessimistic without playing the field, I can't support you either. A king has to run his own race, not focus on the horses next to him.

12/18/2018 7:42:10 AM #2

I have a solution to this problem ...

Coins -> vote.

Get more players -> vote.

And if we do end up with a boring server? Then it will be on the leaders of the current Kingdom when OCE shuts for lack of players. I don't want that to happen, so make your coin votes count!

Link to my story

12/18/2018 7:44:47 AM #3

Which candidate is not already associated with another kingdom?

12/18/2018 7:46:53 AM #4

I think this might have been a little hostile man. Preacher has his own ideals and plans to run a different kingdom that is based on a different tribe for one.

Everyone is entitled to this own opinions but as someone who is also running the almost comes across purely as slander for another contender.

You make baseless assumptions about things like two kingdoms overtaking Tylsia which is completely untrue.

perhaps Instead of working to undermine someone elses attempts at contribution to the community you should focus harder on your own.

12/18/2018 7:47:50 AM #5

Posted By Kov at 6:44 PM - Tue Dec 18 2018

You know there has been a few people planning to go K4, no matter who rules it. Peroxis or the OP as his forum name is different, is just one person.

Personally, I would rather not another alliance forms. Seems boring. More so when they would basically own half the server. Didn't like when the northern alliance first started, even if that alliance is pointless now. Don't like the idea of a southern alliance either.

12/18/2018 7:54:02 AM #6

Posted By Kov at 6:44 PM - Tue Dec 18 2018

That would be one of the Independents.

I'm independent. Please to meet you. I am not the only one.

And folks can -1 me all they like, but make no mistake about it: the fate of Sokara and the fate of OCE are intertwined. We cannot afford to have a double Kingdom. We are years behind on recruiting for the Fourth Kingdom, so we need to stop thinking "us and them" and start thinking "What is best for OCE?"

Because make no mistake, plenty of OCE players have looked at our server and said "I'll play on NA-W". That has to change. And it has to change before they lock in for domain selection in January. When an Ozzie says "why is OCE better than NA-W?" we need far more convincing arguments than "the ping will be better".

Link to my story

12/18/2018 8:13:43 AM #7

What are your opinions on the person with the duke package uriel?

If I do not win I can still be happy. But if there is anything similar to a double kingdom I cant be. I say what i say and do what i do just because I want the game to be fun.

I am only running because of how worried I am to have a mismanaged or boring kingdom.

12/18/2018 8:19:44 AM #8

Lets not write off this competition just yet. Monarch endorsements are not the same as votes.

There are those of us working to give all the candidates a voice to speak directly to the Oceanus Community. This is far from already decided.

12/18/2018 8:24:08 AM #9

Posted By Alleykat at 7:19 PM - Tue Dec 18 2018

Lets not write off this competition just yet. Monarch endorsements are not the same as votes.

True it's not, but this bad timing of this event, right before xmas. Not sure how much people will be able to throw behind some people. Over say how whales can throw around at their mates. While not saying kings are doing that at all, have bills like the rest of us. Makes is way easier to win such an event.

PS: Please give me more downvotes, makes me feel like my point is even more true.

12/18/2018 8:24:53 AM #10

Posted By Reikan at 6:13 PM - Tue Dec 18 2018

What are your opinions on the person with the duke package uriel?

I'm not sure which person you mean. To my knowledge at least two of the people who have put their hands in have duke pledges, at least one of them offering to do so on their main account.

but my opinion on anyone who wishes to put their name forward is the same. If you believe you have the time and ability to lead a kingdom you should go for it.

(If i misunderstood the question and i think i might have, let me know :) )

12/18/2018 8:35:54 AM #11

This post shows a significant misunderstanding of what is happening. It also just sounds salty and bitter. Were I looking at candidates to support a petulant tantrum like this would ensure you never saw a vote from me. Honestly someone demonstrating this level of immaturity has no place ruling a kingdom on Oceania. Which is a shame because of those I’d seen your concept was my favourite.

12/18/2018 8:41:09 AM #12

Peroxis. No disrespect, but....

Go outside and get some fresh air.

You're just coming across like a little bitter, jealous child right now.

I think we all understand your point. But the fact is CoE has never been about what is fair or what is for the best. All Nobility has been P2W.

We've never had any control over who becomes king or how they run their kingdom. Nor any real influence on the political landscape of our server.

Throwing a tantrum now because you're not happy with one of the leading players in the race isn't productive. Nor does it paint you in a particularly good light when you call people liars and cheaters without any proof.

tl:dr Don't hate the player, hate the game.

12/18/2018 8:52:27 AM #13

Posted By L Lillian at 08:42 AM - Tue Dec 18 2018

And if we do end up with a boring server?

Don't worry I'm here now, and I promise it won't be boring. Nobility has no idea what's going to hit them :D

12/18/2018 10:03:13 AM #14

I'm glad I decided to stick with NA-W, the Oceanic server looks like an absolute mess.

12/18/2018 11:33:48 AM #15

Posted By Felwinter at 6:41 PM - Tue Dec 18 2018

Peroxis. No disrespect, but....

Go outside and get some fresh air.

You're just coming across like a little bitter, jealous child right now.

I think we all understand your point. But the fact is CoE has never been about what is fair or what is for the best. All Nobility has been P2W.

We've never had any control over who becomes king or how they run their kingdom. Nor any real influence on the political landscape of our server.

Throwing a tantrum now because you're not happy with one of the leading players in the race isn't productive. Nor does it paint you in a particularly good light when you call people liars and cheaters without any proof.

tl:dr Don't hate the player, hate the game.

If it was just a matter of preacher being monarch i wouldnt mind. But this is a push to stop any change in monarchs except kat over the 10 years.

It strange for me to be uncomfortable about all these alts that suddenly appeared for a claim on the kingdom?

Im not saying this for me. But its ok we can see what happens. I cant see how the political landscape wont become stale. I dont want to continue in this negativity but do have to voice my opinion. Others wouldnt because they wouldnt want to be the target of 3 kingdoms.