As the Longest Night waxes ever closer and endless twilight enshrouds the land, all the people and creatures of Elyria make their final preparations to winter the bleak years ahead. With stores uncomfortably low from a meager growing season, the search for additional resources is on everyone's mind. Adventurers use the dwindling light to scour the land. It is during this time that, in a forgotten ruin, an entrance to an underground lair is discovered; its secrets still intact from an unknown time.
With the promise of untold riches; explorers and champions from all over enter the deep dungeon. What they bring out will change the face of Elyria permanently...
Hailing from Oceanus, the King of Sokara was among those who entered the ruins, but he and his party have not been seen nor heard of for an alarming amount of time and his council fears the worst. Dungeoneers on Oceanus have another treasure to claim if they can bring back proof of his fate...
Welcome to our December Event, Raiders of the Lost Vault!
Raiders of the Lost Vault is a community engagement event that takes place during this Longest Night. Read the accompanying lore to learn more about this momentous time during Elyria's history.
Players will participate by engaging in a game of spying, raiding, and collecting coins. With enough effort, you could end up as the player with the largest cache of Ancient Coins and win the Grand Prize!
- Send coins to another you wish to vote for the winner of one of the two top server-specific prizes
- Amass the coins for yourself
- Spend Supplies to Raid the Immortal Vault in the hopes of earning amazing treasure
- Spend Supplies to Spy on Shipments and see what other vault raiders are up to
All players who own a pledge package of any level at the start of the event will receive an allotment of Ancient Coins and Supplies based on their backing level.
Additional Supplies may be purchased through our Online Store for $10 which includes 10 Supplies. More details towards the bottom of this post.
Two incredible individual rewards will be won on each server:
- There is 1 grand prize per server
- There is 1 runner up per server
There are milestone rewards unique to each server, where you'll get to Vote for the prizes you'd like your server to get from the Immortal Vault. Each tier is unlocked by the overall progress of the vault exploration bar. The event page will show you the current progress and allow you to vote. For each of the 4 milestones along the way, pledged accounts will earn a prize and also unlock the vote for that tier. Votes will be tallied at the end of the event and each server will get the reward with the most votes from their citizens!
All said, you stand to win big during this holiday event.
Read on for all of the details.
Who can participate?
The event is open to all players who own a pledge package of Elyrian or higher.
Your account must be in good standing to participate in this event.
When is it?
This event begins on December 17th, at 12pm PST and lasts through December 31st, at 12pm PST.
Shortly, we will reveal our Longest Night lore, and our Holiday Promotion will also go live! Check back for further updates or join our Official Discord Server for news as it happens.
How does it work? (Details)
As we've done for many of our past events, you'll participate by starting at this link:
Here is what it should look like on desktop:
How do Actions work?
Note All three of the below actions will add an amount to the progress bar. This is the only way to advance the progress bar.
Sending coins allows you to help your fellow community member if you feel they deserve to win the Grand Prize or Runner up prize for your server. You can only send coins from your Fund. Coins can only be sent once.
Spy on Shipments
Spying costs one of your Supplies and provides you a ledger of the 10 most recent sending and raiding activities.
Raid the Vault
Raiding costs one of your Supplies and will earn you a random prize. Items will appear in your inventory and are tradable. Supplies are shown only on the event page.
The Grand prize for Oceanus is:
- Claim to the Throne of Sokara - You win a Monarch Ltd. package, ownership of the kingdom of Sokara on the Oceanus server, and an ingame title: "The Luminary"
The Runner-Up prize for Oceanus is:
- You win a Royal Ltd. package on the Oceanus server and a Casus Belli to the throne of Sokara
The Grand prize for Angelica, Luna, and Selene is:
- You win the unique relic The Sunstone, which creates a natural daylight cycle in a 192 meter radius no matter if underground or during the Longest Night, 25,000 EP, and the ingame title: "The Luminary"
The Runner-Up prize for Angelica, Luna, and Selene is:
- You win a Royal Ltd. package and an exclusive manual for a powerful combat style once lost to time, which is rumored to use a flail and offensive shield
Additionally, at every 25% of the progress bar, individual Community Rewards are earned. There are 4 levels of Community Rewards available, of which some of the community is eligible to receive as individuals. They are as follows:
Level 1 & 2 Prizes: All Elyrians
Level 3 & 4 Prizes: Bloodline+ packages
Level 1 reward:
All Elyrians receive a Pure Gold Ingot
Despite the odds, you are able to get your hands on a pure gold ingot found in the vault. Any appraiser will tell you its worth a hefty sum! All players with an Elyrian package get this reward.
Level 2 reward:
All Elyrians receive a Replica Combination Lock
A clever portable lock mechanism is found in the vault and tinkerers reverse engineer it. The pattern is a closely guarded secret by master tinkerers, but the mechanism itself is commercially available. All players with an Elyrian package get this reward.
Level 3 reward:
All Bloodline and above players receive Kindling Ritual Supplies
A ritual is discovered in the vault that can light a fire without flint & steel. You are able to procure a copy of the ritual as well as the supplies to perform it. All players with a Bloodline package or higher get this reward.
Level 4 reward:
All Bloodline and above players receive a potted Starberry Plant
Glowing flora is found in the vault, growing despite the darkness. Some cuttings are brought back and propagated. They only grow in darkness, but the novelty has created a market for this delicacy. All players with a Bloodline package or higher get this reward.
For each 25% milestone on the progress bar, you'll earn the opportunity to vote on that reward tier for your server. You will only be voting on the outcome for your main server.
Note: You must have completed server selection to vote.
Server rewards are earned separately for each server. The exact prize is determined by a vote from accounts who have completed server selection.
Here is a graphical overview of the 4 tiers of what servers may vote for at each milestone:
During the event, in our online store, you can purchase additional supplies when you run out.
"Gives you Supplies to use in the Raiders of the Lost Vault event, and a $5 store credit bonus!"
These supplies allow you to enter the Immortal Vault to search for treasure or spy on others' vault activities during the Raiders of the Lost Vault event.
Purchasing gives you 10 Supplies to use in the event and $5 in store credit as our gift to you!
Bonus! For each $10 spent per transaction on anything in the store during the event, you will also receive 1 Ancient Coin to send or keep to win the Grand Prize. Using store credit does not count toward earning Ancient Coins, but Raiding has a chance to find additional coins.
- The Grand Prize will be awarded, one per server, to the person who possesses the highest number of coins in their stash at the end of the event.
- The Runner-Up Prize will be awarded, one per server, to the person who possesses the second-highest number of coins in their stash at the end of the event.
- Because the Grand Prize and Runner-Up Prize is server-specific, you must have completed Server Selection by the end of the event to be eligible to win them. Having the most coins but no server selected disqualifies an account from winning the grand prize and runner-up prize, and the prizes will go to the people who have the most coins and their main server selected.
- Accounts without a server selected are still eligible to receive server rewards and individual community rewards, as long as they have the required package type by the end of the event.
- Existing Kingdom holders are ineligible to win the Grand Prize or Runner-Up Prize. However, coins they receive will still have counted toward the progress bar prizes.
- The Grand Prize and Runner Up Prize are bound to the account that wins them. They are not tradable or sendable, and will never be transferable, prior to launch.
- Only players with pledge packages are able to participate.
- Your account must be in good standing in order to participate.
- There is no limit to the number of coins that can be obtained.
- The contest will run from December 17th, at 12pm PST to December 31st, at 12pm PST. All prizes and results will be announced after the event concludes.
- The use of bots or other automation to play the game may cause your account to be suspended and become ineligible to receive any of the prizes (refer to rule 8).
- Players displaying unsportsmanlike conduct during the event may be removed from participation and become ineligible to receive any of the prizes (refer to rule 8).
We're excited for you to participate in this final event of 2018, so head over to the Event Landing Page and have fun raiding the Immortal Vault!
UPDATE 12/17/2018 1:03PM PST: We are aware of the issue where supplies and coins are not awarding and we are investigating. We apologize for the inconvenience and once it is resolved we will make sure anyone who bought items eligible for an Ancient coin or Supplies are retroactively awarded what they are owed. Thank you for your patience.
UPDATE 12/28/2018: As of now, all issues with supplies and/or coins have been resolved. We have reconciled every account that was participating. If you believe there is still any issue, you are welcome to contact us with details at [email protected]
UPDATE 12/29/2018 3:51PM PST: Coins left in My Funds at the end of the event will not count towards the progress bar. If you want coins in your Fund to count towards the progress bar, you must send them to someone else or yourself before the event ends on 12/31 at 12pm PST. Coins not sent will still count towards the grand and runner-up prizes, but will not move the progress bar. Please spread the word, thank you!