COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TRIBES
Kypiq need stamina!

Greetings from your friendly neighbourhood Kypiq!

As some of you are aware the Kypiq are one of the Tribes who have the best agility in the game. But the one with the lowest stamina.

We are basically Neran with bigger eyes and smaller, I would of thought we would of had as much stamina as well?

Why have very good agility but very crap stamina? Is it due to our size?

"So-called ‘stride length’ advantage is a myth, but physics isn’t. In most cases, being a taller runner is a disadvantage for endurance running both because of locomotion efficiency and heat dissipation." (Case study from Quora)

Would soul bound studios look again at this and to have a see at how high agility crap stamina works? Yes we take shorter strides, could we in theory keep running as long as a Neran, quite possibly. I would like some clarification more than anything.

Thanks community.

Strix💜

12/7/2018 9:53:19 PM #1

If SBS went and did this for you, then everyone would want them to rework their tribe of preference. Tribes need some balance.

I could go "Why aren't Janoa highly intelligent? Aztec/Inca were very advanced! Go rework my tribe until it is the best one." Then release gets pushed back another year or so.

Alt text - can be left blank

12/7/2018 9:56:26 PM #2

Posted By JohnnyViscerate at 9:53 PM - Fri Dec 07 2018

If SBS went and did this for you, then everyone would want them to rework their tribe of preference. Tribes need some balance.

I could go "Why aren't Janoa highly intelligent? Aztec/Inca were very advanced! Go rework my tribe until it is the best one." Then release gets pushed back another year or so.

Because generally agility and stamina mean the same thing. What would be the point in having such good agility with such crap stamina? That is what I am asking them (and the Tribes have already been changing and evolving from the original write-ups)

12/7/2018 9:59:43 PM #3

If you are just looking for reasoning. I would think the Kypiq, having a practically no protein diet could cause them to tire much faster.

Alt text - can be left blank

12/7/2018 10:13:01 PM #4

will the agility give us a burst of energy to dash out of the way or something?

12/7/2018 11:25:07 PM #5

We don't know enough. Be patient obviously the studio is not going to make any tribe less worth playing and as said they need a balance and they never said the tribes were exact equal. It would notbe tribes it would be human. Not Mann or Womann.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

12/7/2018 11:50:01 PM #6

Your muscle fiber mix may be very different. Lots of quick twitch like a squirrel, no slow twitch strength or stamina.

12/8/2018 1:44:21 AM #7

Is having the lowest stamina out of all the tribes necessarily problematic for agility gameplay?

How do you quantify bad stamina?

12/8/2018 2:00:56 AM #8

I don't think there's any need for them to re-look into this yet for balancing purposes until we're actually at that point in testing.

Stamina and Agility aren't necessarily the same thing, even if often used interchangeably, especially in typical MMO games.

Stamina would be more like your endurance. The more you have, the longer and further you can run or do something without rest.

Agility would be more like your speed, being nimble, quick dodging and manoeuvrability.

Take a sprinter for example - most of the time their agility is high, but they may only be able to sprint those short bursts before slowing down or taking a break. An endurance runner on the other hand has less agility, but can run for much longer than a sprinter, in one go, without taking as many breaks.

12/8/2018 9:10:26 AM #9

Posted By Strix at 1:56 PM - Fri Dec 07 2018

Posted By JohnnyViscerate at 9:53 PM - Fri Dec 07 2018

Because generally agility and stamina mean the same thing. What would be the point in having such good agility with such crap stamina? That is what I am asking them (and the Tribes have already been changing and evolving from the original write-ups)

Agility and stamina do not mean the same thing.

Agility is about some things that you can do.

Stamina is about how long you can keep on doing them.