COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Concerns about map N

Am I the only one concerned about the northern and southern half of the map having their safest trade routes being completely controlled by Kingdom 3? It's going to cause conflict.

11/19/2018 11:04:22 PM #1

Conflict is the spice of life in Elyria!

11/19/2018 11:05:42 PM #2

Posted By CaptainSeli at 3:04 PM - Mon Nov 19 2018

Conflict is the spice of life in Elyria!

This! ^

We want conflict, and drama, and story.

As an entrepreneur, I will not push war, but I will capitalize on it.

11/19/2018 11:08:18 PM #3

Rule of Acquisition #34. War is good for business.

Illustrious Deputy Grand Master, Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters of Wisconsin

11/19/2018 11:08:21 PM #4

I mean, other than that "choke point" being several hundred kilometers across, being able to use coastal access to get around it (and eventually sea trading), the fact that most trading will be done within your respective kingdom (especially at the beginning), and kingdom 3 being unlikely to want to piss of the ENTIRE rest of the server by interfering with trade....?

Yeah, I agree...huge issue.

Imgur

11/19/2018 11:09:01 PM #5

If there isn't conflict then the game's no fun! Conflict fuels gameplay.

11/19/2018 11:20:27 PM #6

You know you can trade via ships right?

Alt text - can be left blank

11/20/2018 12:20:23 AM #7

I know sea trading is a thing, but it's also more dangerous and weather can bring your ship down. You lose all the supplies and you perma-die. Are you aware of how many ships are at the bottom of the ocean? They say there are more than 3 million shipwrecks on the ocean floor today. Everyone keeps talking like how "sea trade is so much easier than land trade," but it's also a greater risk as well as obscenely expensive. Small traders won't have sea trade as an option.

11/20/2018 12:27:53 AM #8

Posted By AceSilverFanng at 4:20 PM - Mon Nov 19 2018

I know sea trading is a thing, but it's also more dangerous and weather can bring your ship down. You lose all the supplies and you perma-die. Are you aware of how many ships are at the bottom of the ocean? They say there are more than 3 million shipwrecks on the ocean floor today. Everyone keeps talking like how "sea trade is so much easier than land trade," but it's also a greater risk as well as obscenely expensive. Small traders won't have sea trade as an option.

Im on mobile so no source, but...

Sea trade wont cause permadeath, only drowning in deep ocean. Also storms are more of an ocean thing rather than a coast or lake thing.

Will still be risks, but manageable risks.

11/20/2018 12:44:32 AM #9

You know boats can be at risk of capsizing even in harbors, right?

Also, I'm assuming you drown when you run out of stamina and can no longer swim. If you're a character with low strength or stamina (or both) then you probably won't make it back to shore if things go wrong, even if you can see it. And if they put currents into the oceans then we'll have to swim against the current to get back. "The sea is a cruel mistress."

11/20/2018 1:07:15 AM #10

Can someone say Great Wall of Elyria across that hundreds of kilometers of land ^_^

11/20/2018 1:29:26 AM #11

Posted By *Drinuvan Sheerblade * at 8:07 PM - Mon Nov 19 2018

Can someone say Great Wall of Elyria across that hundreds of kilometers of land ^_^

And they'll get the other kingdoms to pay for it?

I feel like that would be a huge waste of resources aha. But hey, it's an idea!

11/20/2018 3:43:41 AM #12

To be completely honest, I don't think there will be a big enough concentration of players to distrupt all trade. Sure, the major trade routes between major hubs will be hit by bandits. but I just don't see there being enough players to stop trade across any border.

11/20/2018 3:53:00 AM #13

I'm not really a fan of Map N at all. So much so that I'm considering playing on NA-W instead.

World Class Indoorsman

11/20/2018 9:04:39 AM #14

I am a little bummed out that the continent with the cat head in the northeastern kingdoms was the one chosen. But I am not concerned about a kingdom controlling the path between North and south.

11/20/2018 9:19:24 AM #15

Wealth doesn't occur when kingdoms prohibit trade. Don't expect Alesia, to just be like no, you can't pass because reasons(TM) If there is a reason for a trade sanction on your domain, then well fix that situation that caused the sanction.