COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TRIBES
Brudvir, Kypiq & Janoa Faedin Events

With this batch of promos and lore wrapping up for now, I thought I'd ask about the actual in game events themselves. Is there any way we can get a very basic outline on how we would host something like a Janoa Passage event when the time comes? Or how we would become a participant to the Brudvir Passage?

Any hints at how these social and lore events actually play would be greatly appreciated and a good tip of the hat to anything that might be coming up.

10/8/2018 2:16:19 PM #1

This thread never got answered, but I am interested too.

Will the nobles have to take initiative to host these events? Will npcs come up to their representatives and ask about festivals and passages? Or for that matter will you simply log back in some day and see npcs you never met prior clearing out an area for Janoan bouts of strength, and announcing that the festival begins tomorrow?

10/8/2018 3:08:30 PM #2

I'm wondering if mayhap there would be a letter received by each Faedin tribe player that may give such details as to these events and where to go to participate, or perhaps giving nobles in individual counties or duchies in how to arrange these events themselves.

10/8/2018 4:46:31 PM #3

Posted By Labbe at 07:16 AM - Mon Oct 08 2018

This thread never got answered, but I am interested too.

Will the nobles have to take initiative to host these events? Will npcs come up to their representatives and ask about festivals and passages? Or for that matter will you simply log back in some day and see npcs you never met prior clearing out an area for Janoan bouts of strength, and announcing that the festival begins tomorrow?

I think all of this will happen, depending on your role in society.

• If you're a simple farmer or proprietor, you'll probably see the festivities happen around you, being set up by PC/NPC/OPC alike. You could also be the one to hassle your county representative into.. you know... representing you and your Faedin/Vitori faith.

• If you're nobility or have a managerial role in Elyria, you'll have a hand being the one setting it up. Don't offend any devout Kypiq, make room for the Janoa, and make sure you have all the ceremonial props! Also, don't run out of food and the Brudvir will be fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if in NPCs' hierarchy of needs, there is a need for spirituality. I think if you as a ruler don't throw festivals, your townspeople may feel they aren't valued or cared for.

The festival of passage may seem like a small event, but it's huge for businesses as well. There are handfuls of cities IRL that would be bankrupt if it weren't for tourism, as it's their primary income. I'm sure there will be a calendar of events that kingdoms will follow with help of court astronomers. I'd really cringe at the thought of kingdoms passing up festival opportunities unless they had an extremely good reason. Even in wartime you need morale boosts. I'm going be the one jumping on the chance to plan events, just so I could add more grandeur, more crowds, more business, more travelers.

I'll probably even have a secret shop inventory where you can only buy certain things from me during festivals too :) Or maybe you need to be smuggled out of a city and the only chance you get is during a festival?

There is a lot of player incentive to keep track of festivities.

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest