COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TRIBES
Tribal Spirit Animals

With the recent promotional item that can induce a spirit walk status on whomever drinks it (the Animal Journey's psilocybin mushroom wine), there is some speculation on what each tribe would have while going through that experience. With people on the CoE Discord speculating (along with SBS devs giving input), here is the list of animals people should be expecting to be as when drunk off of mushroom wine. These tribal to animal conversions are in part due to their environment, outlook on life, culture, and relationships to other tribes. If people want to discuss more reasons for the tribes having these animals, the thread will help keep the discussion in one place.

A big thanks can be given to SirApetus for leading the effort for people speculating on this topic when the promotional items first came out.

• Brudvir = Wolf
  • Dras = Great Blue Heron (Caspain confirmed as Dras was the last tribe to be speculated on)
  • Hrothi = Badger
  • Janoa = Big Cat (no specific species)
  • Kypiq = Squirrel
  • Neran = Horse
  • To'resk = Alligator
  • The Waerd = Raven
  • Erishé = Cobra
  • Mydarri = Sea turtle
  • Owem = Gazelle
  • Yoru = Polar Bear

• In Luna server, likely going to be The Waerd, and not affiliated with any organization.
  • Participated in TSP event and ended as Sage (obtaining a cure to gain a package)
  • If anyone wants to help me gain IP, making an account with 5311C0 as the referral code would be greatly appreciated.
9/24/2018 12:35:32 AM #1

Great info. I've wondered about this very thing. So thanks for sharing!

9/24/2018 3:38:33 AM #2

Exiting!

Based on what is known of the To'resk, I am surprised by the choice of spirit animal listed here. Alligator? Nah ... I think "Otter" would make for a much better fitting spirit animal for them.

Remarkable how none of the non-earthly species are represented in this list.

It would be fun if characters could work to achieve the ability to 'access' their own personal spirit animal too. I can imagine players would enjoy being able to acquire the perspective of a Pteroguin for example. ;)

I'd personally favour a wolverine or marten and pray for such animals to be introduced at some point.

9/24/2018 4:31:41 AM #3

Oh its interesting that the 2 tribes who follow the Quindred religion are based on cold blooded animals.

To'resk - Alligators Erishe - Cobras

And the Two faced queen tribes are birds. Ones a white bird and ones a black bird, how apropo

Dras - Great Blue Heron The Waerd - Ravens

9/24/2018 4:46:37 AM #4

Of course th Kypiq would be Scoia’tael.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

9/24/2018 11:28:57 AM #5

If we can truly revisit our past forms... This is a huge incentive to play a certain diverse range of tribes.

9/24/2018 6:04:32 PM #6

Posted By Beathan at 06:46 AM - Mon Sep 24 2018

Of course th Kypiq would be Scoia’tael.

LOL

We will be the Flying Scoia'tael!

9/24/2018 8:13:29 PM #7

Posted By MusaKn at 12:31 AM - Mon Sep 24 2018

And the Two faced queen tribes are birds. Ones a white bird and ones a black bird, how apropo

Dras - Great Blue Heron The Waerd - Ravens

I was thinking that as well. The two tribes that were cast out from the other existing tribes (Janoa & Erishé) could have perhaps kept a similar animal to these tribes, but the Two-Fold Queen altered it once these tribes made a pact with the god. Leads me to think that, if stripe-less Janoa were to drink the mushroom wine, that they would stay a big cat, but be altered by being scrawnier or a different coat over becoming a Heron like the Dras are.

• In Luna server, likely going to be The Waerd, and not affiliated with any organization.
  • Participated in TSP event and ended as Sage (obtaining a cure to gain a package)
  • If anyone wants to help me gain IP, making an account with 5311C0 as the referral code would be greatly appreciated.
9/25/2018 4:10:22 AM #8

I was wondering if Dras would even be capable of having visions with magic mushrooms. I hope the OP provides a definitive answer to that, even if the specific animal is not entirely decided.

9/25/2018 6:17:27 AM #9

Good question Poldano. Hopefully they get around to it.

9/28/2018 11:36:35 AM #10

Posted By Poldano at 12:10 AM - Tue Sep 25 2018

I was wondering if Dras would even be capable of having visions with magic mushrooms. I hope the OP provides a definitive answer to that, even if the specific animal is not entirely decided.

I would imagine Dras being affected as the mushroom wine vision wouldn't count as a disease. They may be able to process the wine through their system faster, but cannot say for sure.

Anyway, now that the promotion is now over, anyone inquiring about this can look here, but the package is now gone until further notice.

9/29/2018 5:32:43 AM #11

@Inquire,

The issue is whether psilocybin is counted as a poison. It's the same issue as for other psychoactive substances. If psychoactivity itself is considered a poisonous effect then the answer goes one way. If psychoactivity itself is not considered a poisonous effect, but some other effect like somatic damage, paralysis, or respiratory suppression is needed to make something poisonous, then the answer goes another way. The rule affects other substances than psilocybin.

I'm going off-topic; the questions belong in a thread about the pharmacology of poisons. Maybe now with an official (and IMO highly competent) subject matter expert for the subject we will get some clarification.