COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
What is your dream in CoE?

Hello to everyone in the CoE community.

I just watched the film Ready Player One and it made ask myself:

Why do i want to play CoE some much?

My answer: It is about going on an adventure. I dream about not be bound in any place and roaming around a fantastic world. To explore its secrets and meeting all different kinds of people and maybe in the end to find a place which makes me stay. To take up a role, to build up a community.

What will it be? I don‘t know, but thats excatly what makes me feel so excited about it. To just jump in without a plan (and without a handkerchief).

I know many of you are different. You organize yourselfs already in kingdoms planing in detail what your role willl be.

So i am curious. What is your dream?

I am looking forward to your answers and thank you for shareing the dreams.

9/22/2018 2:18:55 AM #1

I wanna get all my pals on & we'd all learn different skills key for startin our own town. I'm keen on bein a healer, & maybe learnin & mastering the bow while I'm at it. I have a friend who can't wait to be a builder, etc. Then we'd sell all our possessions, buy what provisions we need for travel & hit the Oregon trail in search of a new home unspoiled by the progress of mann. Once we'd find a place we like then we would set up & start building our community! (If that fails though our backup plan is to be pirates.)

"How can I write love into reality?"

9/22/2018 3:00:30 AM #2

The proliferation of magic in Elyria, and gradual transition of the game's theme into high fantasy.

It's exceedingly unlikely, but we're talking dreams here, not plans :P

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

9/22/2018 3:01:47 AM #3

I also dream of being able to explore and adventure in limitless fantasy medieval themed worlds in some unrestricted manner. But that is not my dream nor expectation for playing in CoE. Instead, I dream and expect to immerse in a character role of my own choice that will allow me to control, to certain extents, and experience his life on Elyria, with all its beauty, possibility, opportunity and prospects, but also its many restrictions causing my character and me to experience resistance, hardship, frustration, disappointment and failure. So I'm expecting my dream in CoE to be a bit like real dreams, where you're not in full control of all your neurons to produce the imagery and story development you would want to experience. As Elyrian, you are both actor (in different meanings) and subject of an experimental reality you share with many others, most of which are unknown and invisible to you. Exiting much? Hell yeah.

9/22/2018 8:14:12 AM #4

I want one of my characters to find a historical artefact or a piece of long-lost magic and be remembered for that. Maybe it's not as impressive to some as being the first Mann in centuries to face a dragon or whatever but I definitely want academic prestige.

As well as that, I hope the settlement I'm creating at the start of the game will grow strong with or without me. If I move to a different character with no immediate ties to the place, if I have handed the reigns over to another person, I'd like to be able to return in a few years and note how it has progressed. There's no guarantee my settlement won't be razed to the ground in a war or fall to some misfortune and become abandoned. Even if it doesn't survive through the full 10-year story, it's going to be interesting to see how it falls.

My main dream, though, is simply to experience a realistic fantasy survival simulation with high stakes.

Pacyen is a Virtue.

Friend Code: 4ACB46

Lady Iola Berankin, Countess of Roeking

[EU - Demalion Empire / Duchy of Anor / Roeking County]

~Anorian Maiden~

9/22/2018 2:31:07 PM #5

My dream is exotic, seeing that i have explained it waaay too many times, i'm going to keep this one short. I will be the leader of a Ranger Guild in Kairos NA-E, we will live in the woods and dedicate to combat, taming and breeding, and survival; but we also have smiths, alchemists, and many professions, that's what i love the most about my guild, we will have a wide variety of people and skills. Everyone will know at least the basics of combat. We will defend settlements, watch over a park/reserve, and in times of war, we will play an ambush role.

Leader of the Ranger Guild. "Brother of the Tiger" "Protector of the Jungle". First defender of the good people of Elyria.

9/22/2018 5:31:55 PM #6

First I thought i wanted to travel and be a travelling salesman or just a wandering storyteller.

But by now I changed these plans to be a Shaman of the Faedin. I came to love the cultures of the Tribes and want to be the spiritual and cultural guide for the people. I want to be the respected elder the people come to for advice.

And as a Shaman i can continue my former dream of a storyteller. Perhaps I can/will wander to some degree but I think I will be mostly stationed in one settlement.

9/22/2018 7:22:34 PM #7

To have the Finest Goat breeding facility in my kingdom or possibly the entire game. To build up my town of Feldunost. And to finally use my vast swarm of top grade of Hrothi goat cavalry to conquer the lands of my enemies and claim it for the Hrothi people.

Baldrin 'Goat Lord' Hammerfist

9/23/2018 10:29:22 PM #8

Form a trade empire similar to the east indian company.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

9/24/2018 8:50:42 AM #9

I'd like to hunt and capture a few Daemon's if the game allows it, and hopefully study them. Other than that, I'll be helping out my people anyway I can.

9/24/2018 9:29:26 AM #10

Posted By Folken at

My answer: It is about going on an adventure. I dream about not be bound in any place and roaming around a fantastic world. To explore its secrets and meeting all different kinds of people and maybe in the end to find a place which makes me stay. To take up a role, to build up a community.

That's quite similar to my old goals Folken. There's something awesome about exploring and being the first to see a piece of a dynamic story unfolding.

The peak of Chronicles for me (keep in mind I'm on an Archipelago map as someone from OCE), would be finding Janoa a place outside the Jungle while positively connecting them to the outside world and changing their culture at large to be more collaborative and service based.

I'll be trying to seed Janoa in another biome to help boost the relationships with outside Kingdoms (especially my favourite, Aequitas) as early as possible. A sea based trade route would be an excellent catalyst.

9/24/2018 9:49:37 AM #11

My friend Saigan if the Maori did it why not the Janoan. If my playtime wont be totally taken from my duty as Duke of a Big community like Latium I would love to have a char Janoan in your town to see all happening.

My dream ? well I am dreaming for the last 2 years about CoE abd I would like to see my Duchy growing and my people with it.

9/24/2018 7:14:29 PM #12

I am all set to be a Baron. But I hope some day I am defeated, my Barony burned to ash and my house shamed becasue then I can go off into the world and find a new place. maybe if I am good enough at combat i can become a champion for someone or maybe I will just spend my time trying to cross the sea.

Those are my three paths :D

10/4/2018 9:04:55 AM #13

Posted By Sagan at 02:29 AM - Mon Sep 24 2018

Posted By Folken at

That's quite similar to my old goals Folken. There's something awesome about exploring and being the first to see a piece of a dynamic story unfolding.

The peak of Chronicles for me (keep in mind I'm on an Archipelago map as someone from OCE), would be finding Janoa a place outside the Jungle while positively connecting them to the outside world and changing their culture at large to be more collaborative and service based.

I'll be trying to seed Janoa in another biome to help boost the relationships with outside Kingdoms (especially my favourite, Aequitas) as early as possible. A sea based trade route would be an excellent catalyst.

I'm late to this conversation.

In Elyria, I'll be the first to deviant my way into these types of plans. To use them, prevent them, or otherwise create conflict. No other character bar will match the level of evil as mine. This response to you, Sagan, is the highest extent of fame I hope for my character.

It's not griefing.

It's why you lock your doors

10/4/2018 2:10:27 PM #14

I want to play in a world, where my actions have meaning. I know no other game that allows me to actually do things nobody else has done in their games or with their characters a million times. Any MMO makes me do the same shit as every other player. I am just one more in these games. Everything else would be a lie. But here? I might be the first to step on a new continent, create a society that never existed before, rule a kingdom with actual people in it and engage in intrigue with other human beings, conspire against somebody else with these people. And best of all: nothing has everlasting consequences. Since everyone dies, death and especially permadeath is not a very harsh punishment. This flexible structure of power gives me the feeling, I could achieve anything in Elyria. Anything. And there will never be someone who is so powerful, he is practically a god, because he is the oldest player.

This is why I want Elyria.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

10/4/2018 3:02:09 PM #15

I'd love to build a farm of my own from the ground up. I'll find all kinds of animals to tame and breed the best mounts to sell. Might also go explore the world since there are four other tribes to discover and all.

Friend Code: D49646