COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA ORGANIZATIONS
Solaire Academy of Art

The Solaire Academy of Art is a school dedicated to the education and research of the arts in Elyria. The Academy is within the County of Trouvaire, being located within the comital capital of Soveux.

Mission and Vision

The mission of the Solaire Academy of Art is to create a living environment in Elyria through the expression of art and culture. It is set to be the main cultural hub of the Duchy and one of the main hubs of the entire kingdom. Everything from fashion and fine art to performance and songs. Education will be given to assist students in honing their craft and guiding how to get the most out of it. Students will be given assistance in finding guilds and associations and guidance on creating their own paths.

Students will be given opportunities to have hands-on training by being assigned beautification projects for the duchy which will benefit both the student and the community. Students will begin their artistic careers and leave a lasting mark with help of the Academy.

Solaire is separated into four distinct divisions called colleges. Each college leads its own division for education and research while communicating with other colleges and outside organizations within the duchy to provide the greatest quality. Each college hosts its own events and coordinates with the beautification projects within the duchy. The four colleges are Artistry, Fashion, Melody, and Theater.

The College of Artistry educates and researches all things dealing with painting. This includes painting murals, ceramics, or traditional canvases. The education side will include different techniques and styles, the benefits and downsides of certain materials, and common consumer desires. Research for Artistry will be concerned with differing materials and paints and also the different techniques used by each Tribe.

The College of Artistry is one of the main sponsors of the Festival of the Arts showcasing the best pieces of art they have. Art will be proudly showcased throughout the Academy itself and within the Etoile Theatre. Beautification projects will include activities such as murals for temples and artworks for public spaces and buildings.

The College of Fashion provides educations and leads research in all things dealing with fashion. This mostly includes tailoring and disguise. The education side will teach students how to create both practical and luxurious clothing and the advantages of each style and material. Research will be concerned with finding both the most efficient and the efficient yet fashionable styles of apparel.

The College of Fashion hosts its own fashion show at the Festival of the Arts. The beautification projects will be used to create important pieces of apparel that will used by significant positions within the duchy. Every Festival the Duchess chooses her favorite dress and it will be the official dress of the Duchess for the year.

The College of Melody focuses on all things music. This includes musical composition and instrument creation. Research will be concerned on the creation of new instruments and styles. All categories of music will be covered.

Every Festival of the Arts has a concert preformed by students and alumni. The Etoile Theatre is also free for all students for musical performance.

The College of Theater focuses on performance art. Skillwise, this includes dance and acrobatics. Research is primarily done through the studying of other cultures. The college also teaches how to do plays and opera and delves into roleplaying for those interested.

9/6/2018 1:30:45 AM #1

Community

The Academy works with its sister academy, Moonbow Academy, as well as the Halls of Cognition. Knowledge is shared between all three entities and students have access to all three.

The Estoile Theatre is a facility used by the Academy to showcase creations from faculty and students, learning and practice opportunities for students, and special events.

Dressed is a monthly fashion publication created by the Academy. It has articles on trends and advice of fashion of all of Elyria.

Events

Festival of the Arts

A Festival dedicated to showcasing all the artistic achievements of the Academy and the Duchy. It contains smaller events such as a fashion show, a special concert, and more.

The Tetrafete

The Tetrafete is a series of four events: the Emerald Masquerade, the Sapphire Soiree, the Cornaline Festival, and the Ceremony of Quartz.

9/15/2018 9:46:19 AM #2

It's encouraging to see another art school, even in another kingdom. I wish enjoyment for you and your students.

9/17/2018 6:22:27 PM #3

Posted By Ravenlute at 05:46 AM - Sat Sep 15 2018

It's encouraging to see another art school, even in another kingdom. I wish enjoyment for you and your students.

Indeed. We need more competition.

- Shmuck

9/22/2018 12:31:32 AM #4

I was shocked to see so many schools teaching Art when I moved here from East.

Hopefully we'll have some great cooperation and competition!

3/22/2019 9:55:50 AM #5

i'll say this now and i'll say it in the future. i love this idea and definitely could see myself going to this school. i'll be a traveling merchant, and this school seems like it's not only a great place to make connections but also would be a great place to pick up skills to make the travel a bit more entertaining. personally wishing to learn the flute, or another wind instrument if they're more available. not only would it be a great way to fill the space between towns but would be a great way to gather a crowd

Mighty gear for the Mighty Menn

3/25/2019 1:39:04 AM #6

Posted By Pieoflords at 05:55 AM - Fri Mar 22 2019

i'll say this now and i'll say it in the future. i love this idea and definitely could see myself going to this school. i'll be a traveling merchant, and this school seems like it's not only a great place to make connections but also would be a great place to pick up skills to make the travel a bit more entertaining. personally wishing to learn the flute, or another wind instrument if they're more available. not only would it be a great way to fill the space between towns but would be a great way to gather a crowd

Glad we could interest you! We want to make Elyria a little more fun and alive and I would love to hear some stories of travelling and adventure.

5/1/2019 9:59:06 PM #7

Love this type of academy! Will hopefully see it in-game & possibly see if I can send some help during exposition ;)