COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
The Breakdown of My Soul

Greetings. I have looked and have yet to see anyone talk about or suggest this. I would like there to be statistics of previous sparks of life on a soul when viewing that soul in the soul chamber (I get a nickel every time I type the word, 'soul').

For example, when I experience permadeath and am sent back to the soul chamber, it should give me a basic review of that spark of life. How many Years/Months/Days I lived, where I was born, what killed me, a list of my skills, what I had in my inventory, how many times I committed things like theft/trespassing/murder, etc., whether my soul had lighten or darkened from my choices, what gave me story points and how my title/reputation/fame multiplied those points and so on and so on.

From there I should be able to see statistics across my sparks of life. Maybe I want to see my average lifespan was in days. Then maybe I want to flip between those past sparks and see what play style had netted me the longest and shortest lifespans. I know I'd love to see a breakdown in how past sparks of life will affect my next one, even if I could only see it before starting my next heir.

I think by accumulating these statistics and being able to review them, it gives us a sense of accomplishment in how far we have come and plan where we want to go. I understand that often SBS takes a very UI free approach and often leaves only indirect cues, but a lot of "permadeath woe" could be avoided by being heavy in this one area.

I guess I am asking for feedback. Is their any statistic in particular you want to see? Does it sound like a good idea to do or should it stay vague? I'd love to hear from a dev about this.

7/17/2018 7:40:55 PM #1

Imo it doesn't need a lot of the stats you've listed.

I'd like to see just average time alive (between CDGs and perma) and the likes. Nothing too specific.

I don't see the point in anything more than that, though I wouldn't mind if there were more.

7/17/2018 11:03:20 PM #2

That's a perfectly valid response. If you aren't interested in the data then you don't care if it is there. I'd like to think there's a group of us that would care and try to look at the data to get useful information out of it.

It doesn't hurt to have it available.

7/25/2018 12:27:16 AM #3

I think equal. I would like to see these stats. It will be good to have this option.

7/25/2018 12:47:24 AM #4

As a person who loves to see how I've affected the world I would love to be able to see what I've done in each of my lives.

To me it adds an almost sense of continuity while still maintaining the divide between the past lives.

Another thing is imagine you're a Mann who just discovered gun powder and you experience permadeath, how wild would it be to look back and see how far you've come over the many, many years.

But this is simply my opinion, that might or might not implement it but I really do hope this happens.

NA-W

7/25/2018 1:32:22 AM #5

It would be cool if you discovered a technological advancement and then each time you experience permadeath and was sent to the soul chamber, you could see how many lives lost and saved due to your discovery.

Wouldn't do you any good, but it would really create a sense of fulfillment and impact on the world.

7/25/2018 4:30:44 AM #6

Also injuries sustained, and injuries given out

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

7/25/2018 5:04:17 AM #7

I think it more likely the soul engine will give us a more narrative overview of that life, hitting on pertinent points, describing our bonds with others, our birth, our time of death and our major accomplishments, rather than a strict statblock.

"It's not the scales, the wings, the teeth, or even the breath that set a dragon at the pinnacle of creation. It's not the strength or senses, nor the size of his hoard. It's something that a dragon knows that only comes with age and experience. It's a skill mortals never truly master."

"A dragon...knows how to wait."