COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
PC Specs

When it comes to games, Specs are the most important thing in my opinion, as they dictate whether or not one can actually play a game. I am curious if there has been a rough estimate of specs required for this beautiful game? Currently I am running with a Rog 1080 and 8th gen i7 8700k, with this I believe that I can run it. Although, this seems like an impressive game which makes me worry an upgrade might be required. So does anyone happen to know a rough guess?

6/22/2018 5:51:33 PM #1

We do PC reviews and build PC part lists, come stop by https://discord.gg/Jq3AXg

Running the Elyrian PC Assistance Program! (https://discord.gg/4UepZJZ)

6/22/2018 6:02:00 PM #2

I thought I saw someone quote Caspian on saying “if you can run ark you’ll be able to run CoE”

6/22/2018 6:05:12 PM #3

Posted By Lady ShyHeart at 1:02 PM - Fri Jun 22 2018

I thought I saw someone quote Caspian on saying “if you can run ark you’ll be able to run CoE”

That is true, but run could mean many things it doesn't always mean you can run the game with no issues. In my discord when we do PC reviews we give back more details on how your PC will run in-game. All you have to do is submit a form and we do all the work.

Running the Elyrian PC Assistance Program! (https://discord.gg/4UepZJZ)

6/22/2018 6:56:21 PM #4

No offense to anyone who will tell you yes or no you can run the game it’s waay too early for anyone to know for sure. However what we do know for specs.

From the FAQ.

It's too early to tell exact requirements, however it will require a PC running Windows 7+, with a video card that supports DirectX 11+.

However that said I believe they’ve said if you can run Ark you can run CoE.

Basic guess from the wiki. Specific specs are not as yet known. However, it has been stated that if you can play ARK: Survival Evolved now, you are going to be safe to play Chronicles of Elyria, as they use the same game engine (Unreal Engine).[1]

Minimum Requirements (Estimated) :

Windows 7

1GB VRAM and DirectX 11 support

4GB RAM

2GHz Dual Core 64bit CPU

6/23/2018 12:56:40 AM #5

I wouldn't worry with that PC, it's a pretty high end PC.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

6/23/2018 3:39:08 AM #6

Thanks for all of the help guys!!

6/23/2018 4:41:21 AM #7

True I run some higher end games on a cheap lenova laptop, no hate. Also I have never played a game with shadows enabled, still with a decent stable internet connection and a basic pc that can run fps games is enough(i believe fps take the most effort of a computer I can run shadowrun at Max graphics, almost)

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

8/4/2018 3:31:10 AM #8

So what about a laptop? Would nice rig run it super well?

4/10/2019 10:43:12 PM #9

Any updates on PC specs? Also, will CoE be available in 4k?

Thanks!

Doogon ~Nothing ventured, Nothing gained~

4/12/2019 7:03:21 AM #10

Posted By Doogon at 3:43 PM - Wed Apr 10 2019

Thanks!

They are developed on an GTX 970 with I believe 16gb of ram. Also, CoE I dont believe will be in 4K unless they specif.y

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

4/21/2019 7:35:38 AM #11

I emailed SB with the same question. The main advice they gave on specs is Memory: 4GB of DDR2+ or greater CPU: 5th generation+ 2Ghz Dual-Core Graphics: 9th generation+ Nvidia (or equivalent) 1GB VRAM DirectX10 compatible

Alt text - can be left blank

4/21/2019 3:56:30 PM #12

Posted By Zeek_Halykr at 02:03 AM - Fri Apr 12 2019

Posted By Doogon at 3:43 PM - Wed Apr 10 2019

Thanks!

They are developed on an GTX 970 with I believe 16gb of ram. Also, CoE I dont believe will be in 4K unless they specif.y

Most modern games scale to any resolution, although once you get to really high resolutions you may need better texture maps. I think it would be silly if they didn’t account for at least 4k with their textures.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

4/23/2019 7:26:56 PM #13

It's like any other video game for PC. They will have the min requirements, the recommended, and high end. I imagine that if you can play Elder Scrolls Skyrim then you would be able to play this on at least medium.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

5/5/2019 9:32:34 PM #14

So, this game made me return back to the gaming after a decade of not playing. However, I did not have a PC capable of running it. Had to buy brand new PC + WIN10, just for this game. (This game better come out!) :D

I had to catch up on 10 years of graphics cards, motherboards etc... Last time I played I only needed 256mb ram lol.

Anyway, I just want to confirm my purchase. Will I be able to play this game with no problems and on high graphics?

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.9GHz Hexa Core CPU * 16GB Memory (2x8GB) * 120GB SSD (To Run The Game From) * 1TB HDD * Dedicated 6GB GeForce GTX 1660 Graphics * 867Mbps Wi-Fi * Windows 10 Home *

*Am I safe with this set-up? *Where I am, in terms of power? *Will I struggle with any other 'modern' games?

Thanks!

[sigpic]https://i.imgur.com/9pZlihN.jpg[/sigpic]

5/6/2019 10:52:02 PM #15

@Gedmahn I think you should be perfectly fine with this PC config as long as you'll stick playing in Full HD resolution (1080p). 2k or 4k definitely needs a better graphics card. Hope that helps.