COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Chronicling the Chronicles

So, the engine will serve quite a few ways to push players and their characters into compelling naritives. We know that we will have books and other details that we can create in game, but how will we be able to remember those stories to tell them? In the game will we be able to dump the chat-logs to save them to our computer and will the game support newer recording options or features like Nvidia Shadowplay or something similar. What considerations towards keeping visual, textual, and auditory mementos of the experiances we have? i'm hoping for features like this as my memory sucks sometimes and I will definatly be staring at my neighbors name plate saying to myself, "I must know who you are." and drawing a blank.

At this time I'm kinda assuming that it will be a long chain of bards playing a metaphorical game of telephone.

No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it. -Andrew Carnegie

Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position. -Brian Tracy

7/7/2018 3:58:45 AM #1

Posted By Lorgenz at

So, the engine will serve quite a few ways to push players and their characters into compelling naritives. We know that we will have books and other details that we can create in game, but how will we be able to remember those stories to tell them? In the game will we be able to dump the chat-logs to save them to our computer and will the game support newer recording options or features like Nvidia Shadowplay or something similar. What considerations towards keeping visual, textual, and auditory mementos of the experiances we have? i'm hoping for features like this as my memory sucks sometimes and I will definatly be staring at my neighbors name plate saying to myself, "I must know who you are." and drawing a blank.

At this time I'm kinda assuming that it will be a long chain of bards playing a metaphorical game of telephone.

And what's wrong with that? Many middle age and dark age romance stories and histories where spoken records long before they where written down, Also if you are worried use the one feature so few of us ever use when built in and keep an in game, in character, journal, Be a chronicaller.

Being normal is vastly overrated!

7/7/2018 4:48:27 AM #2

I'm already keeping track of events in a Google Doc

8/14/2018 1:12:43 AM #3

A good point to think about! If you're going to be a chronicler, you'd better have a quick eye and a way to organize it all quickly and efficiently.