COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Hair You'd Like to See

The stream is over and many of us have seen the Character Creator. What they have was interesting and I'm excited to see the final project. But what caught my attention most was the hairstyles. There was a concerning lack of them, with roughly two hairstyles per tribe (give or take). And they did say they would create more, which was good to hear. However, I feel like with the amount of hair SBS would have to design to keep most crowds happy with starting customization, we as a community could contribute some inspiration with a thread of hair we would like to see in individual tribes based on what we know now about tribal hair culture. Worst case, the devs can disregard it and we have a post to simply discuss our favorite fantasy or medieval hairstyles. Best case, half the battle of creation is over for SBS and they have the inspiration for more hairstyles.

So how about it, community?

So here are a few hairstyles I would personally like to see:

Probably more of a Brudvir style:

Maybe a smaller braid, but could work...

Maybe one for the Ward:

And another Brudvir, cuz I'm excited for their hairstyles...

3/22/2018 9:50:46 PM #1

I'm loving the variety of braids you demonstrated. I, too, would love to see various braid styles. I'd also like to see a variety of curly hair. From tight curls to loose. Natural African hair to thick coarse hair to very thin, fine blond hair. Bouncy kids' hair to brittle old peoples' hair.

Maybe this is too much but I'd love to see it diminish in shininess as the hair collects dirt and grime, or even to reflect state of health.

3/22/2018 10:12:09 PM #2

I agree with Sylvae. And if hair length can also be adjustable then we can really get quite a wide range of hair with every hairstyle. But I don't know how workable that is.

3/22/2018 10:23:23 PM #3

I can't believe I forgot to mention hair length after going on about it so often! I'd love to see actual long hair. Not short hair and call it long. Waist length hair. I know that in the past there's been difficulty rendering hair without it looking like a flapping cape, though.

3/22/2018 10:25:23 PM #4

I would love to see some longer hair then what they showed in the Stream. Not quite Cher in the 70's long, but closer to it.

3/22/2018 10:29:24 PM #5

pulls out cosplay pinterest board

Really, the devs can just watch "Reign" or "Vikings" and know exactly what I want lol

3/23/2018 12:15:53 AM #6

I would like to argue that dreadlocks should be expanded to more tribes. Especially the Mydarri Islanders!

Locked hair was worn in Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece and dreadocks are prevalent on both the African and Asian continents as well.

3/23/2018 12:30:27 AM #7

For Janoans, some aztec, mayans, guaranis and tupi hairstyles. like these

For Erishé and Waerd, lots of afro styles in many lenghts

Also, some thin braids with mud, like the traditional hair of the Masai Warriors

3/23/2018 1:59:24 AM #8

A mean mullet. Perhaps mohawks.

Orm Trakehner - Horse Breeder - Kingdom of Vornair: Friend Code 5422AC

3/23/2018 2:22:19 AM #9

Traditional styles.

Page-boy cuts for males & females.

Bangs.

Tonsures.

Botticelli's Venus hair (possibly a repeat of above).

Crew cuts / butch cuts.

Bowl cuts like Amazonian tribes do.

Honor queues.

3/23/2018 2:24:03 AM #10

I would LOVE to see some long Dreads like Vig posted for the Mydarri, but also the To'resk and even the Janoa would look good with em!

3/23/2018 2:56:30 AM #11

Perhaps more braided hairstyles like:

This updo

This bob

idk what to call this but it says comb so sure

Something that starts braided but then leaves the hair naturally curly like this

or like this

- CoE Thread - Website -

Family first, money second. Unless they cause the loss of too much money...

3/23/2018 8:12:15 AM #12

pls. I need my short lady hair.

3/23/2018 8:31:30 AM #13

I have one I made... but i'm keeping it a secret till i can submit it for approval for my content thingy majiggy.

That being said... I would LOVE to see "NVIDIA" Hairworks as an option. There aren't any MMOs out there (that I have played) that allow women to have gorgeous long hair that works well.

3/23/2018 9:45:58 AM #14

Oh man. I love hairstyles in video games, especially when theres a wide variety and executed nicely.

Some nice braids would be good. Simple ones, intricate ones, with varying lengths.

Alt text - can be left blank

Messy dreads that fall in the face, we shouldn't be afraid of this kind of thing, i think its a cool style and not everyone wants to show off their faces.

Thick, messy, long braids for those who are bit more 'tribal' or those who have wild hair traits.

While the To'resk might be the ones with outlandish hairstyles, I think what we see as 'weird', could totally be seen as normal in Elyria, which is why I hope we see unique styles across the tribes.

And last, I hope we get some simple ones too. I'm also not sure how limited graphically this game will be for hair. Curls and long length are usually avoided in most games. Curls because they're sometimes hard to get right, and length because of clipping. But still, I'd love to see them.

3/23/2018 11:18:00 AM #15

The haircut from my avatar. Slightly longer than a high and tight.

Kip from Fist of the Empire

Friend code: 72EC67