COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Game required pc specs?

I think alot of people want to know what could be the required minimum and the recommended specs for the game to run smoothly. Some of us may have bought into the game with our pledges but lack the hardware to reliably run the game. Is there a time we could see this list? With it seems the graphics have been established and more being added what kind of cpu, ram and gpu will we need to run CoE?

Friend code: 64E963

3/11/2018 6:50:18 AM #1

The expected requirements are those required for Ark: Survival Evolved. There is a statement about the computers that SBS is using for development somewhere around here.

For clients, performance is expected to be driven by the requirements of the Unreal 4 engine (UE4). There could be surprises, such as local data requirements exceeding the 16GB that SBS development computers currently have installed.

Since the computers that SBS uses are more powerful than mine, I am anticipating the need to upgrade to at least one new computer about the time Exposition rolls around. I probably won't do so before that, at least just for CoE, because I don't expect to know what the recommended specs are until then.

3/11/2018 7:01:47 AM #2

Posted By Poldano at 01:50 AM - Sun Mar 11 2018

The expected requirements are those required for Ark: Survival Evolved. There is a statement about the computers that SBS is using for development somewhere around here.

For clients, performance is expected to be driven by the requirements of the Unreal 4 engine (UE4). There could be surprises, such as local data requirements exceeding the 16GB that SBS development computers currently have installed.

Since the computers that SBS uses are more powerful than mine, I am anticipating the need to upgrade to at least one new computer about the time Exposition rolls around. I probably won't do so before that, at least just for CoE, because I don't expect to know what the recommended specs are until then.

Where could i find the current pc specs for the SBS rigs?

Friend code: 64E963

3/11/2018 7:14:32 AM #3

Check this thread:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/23374/pc-requirements#post260467

You'll have to cut-and-paste, or search the site yourself, cuz I'm too damned lazy to to more right now.

3/11/2018 7:42:11 AM #4

interesting..

When you want to shoot, shoot dont talk!

3/11/2018 8:22:14 AM #5

Work in Progress. Things will be added/optomised. But yes the game will be using the Unreal Engine.

3/11/2018 8:26:23 AM #6

"We're developing on i7 4790, 16 GB RAM, and Geforce GTX 970's."

"So we'll be optimizing it to run on those specs. If you've got a 10xx, 16 GB+ RAM, and a fairly recent CPU, you should be fine."

This is what Caspian has said in the CoE discord, basically if you can run ark you can run CoE atm

3/11/2018 3:23:49 PM #7

So my i7 7700, 32 GB RAM, and Geforce GTX 1080 should handle like a champ.

3/13/2018 2:30:43 PM #8

I have an: i7 x990 3.47GHz 12GB Memory AMD Radeon R9 390 GFX card uses Windows 8.1 and uses SSD drives for everything except the storage drive.

Alienware Area 51 (2009)...lol

I hope I'll be able to run the game at launch...lol

Games in Development Lead for the Old Timer's Guild, CoE Chapter
"Laid back, not so serious, no drama. All about the fun!" The Old Timer's Guild