COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
Musician's Guild

Welcome to the Musician's Guild [EU]!

From court musicians to travelling harpist looking for work, we are the home for music in Elyria, a place for those skilled with an instrument to come and share stories and work, but also for people to come and learn. All newcomers are welcomed with open arms and probably a song or two, maybe even a round of drinks from the tavern. Our guild has 4 main branches:

Performers

This is the branch for everyone who wants to spin tales of lost kingdoms and stories of love finally found. Here, you'll be guided to become the best in Elyria with your instrument(s) of choice and shown the best places to earn all the coin you could need. You'll start out as a Wanderer who's maybe new to the trade, before progressing to Tavern Bard and then, once you've learnt the finer aspects of your art, become a Court Musician.

Composers

Composers are for those who don't just wish to tell stories, but to create their own. They'll be the people who'll provide our bards with new material to keep the trade coming in. Beginnings as a Student, you'll be encouraged to increase your skills to writing for more instruments and in greater complexity, advancing towards become a fully fledged Composer. From here, it'll be the small and subtle things that'll increase your skill and popularity into becoming a Head Composer.

Crafters

Our instruments must come from somewhere! We'll be looking for people to specialize in the construction of instruments to produce in house, although this position can also be held by outsiders up to the second tier. As an Apprentice Crafter, you'll be shown how to craft basic instruments with precision for our newer members. As a Crafter, you'll create a variety of instruments as needed for any member, and once your skill increases you'll become a Master Crafter in charge of quality control in the workshop and making specially requested instruments. You'll also help us keep at the forefront of technology by researching new instrument designs and techniques.

Our Tavern

As part of our guild hall, we're looking to have a bunk house come tavern. For this, we'll be looking for Wenches, Cooks and Counter Staff. While these are also likely to be family members of people in the guild, outsiders are also welcome to apply for positions are will be welcomed with open arms.

I'm pleased to announce that my village Bescomb will now be a part of Tyr Nansur, in Al'Khezam.

Here are some examples of my personal work as a bard :)

2/19/2016 4:09:18 AM #1

I am very interested in stretching and flexing my musical muscles around here, as well as becoming a travelling historian or entertainer for any number of questing groups. I have some ideas on what could make a guild like this a communal hub for bards of all trades and talents. Let me know what I can do to help figure things out. I've already made a quick application to the site, so as to keep in touch that way as well. I look forward to being a part of a greater musical community! :)

2/19/2016 4:57:02 PM #2

We'd love to have a representative of your guild within our kingdom as a liaison. And all musicians are very much promoted to stay within our lands or even become a state sponsored musician, given a steady flow of work. The best of these musicians could be sponsored by a house directly and be given a room and food to allow them to focus on their craft.

Music and culture is very important to Zygethia and supporting these often cast aside members of society is of high importance. We'd hire your members for parties, events, ceremonies, holidays and even war if a member finds that exciting. Maybe if things go well they could become state musicians or be an internal head in our music and culture branch within the government. It's quite hard to find a central location for musicians and their importance to the game play experience makes that sad.

Zygethia hopes you find great success in creating your guild. If you'd like to talk more you can PM me or hit us up on our Discord channel.

2/19/2016 5:27:23 PM #3

At the moment, I can't say how many of us will be on your server, but as the guild is more a community our members will be free to work for you if they so choose.

7/20/2016 9:47:18 AM #4

A small bump, but also please check out my tumblr dedicated to CoE! Here

7/20/2016 11:59:32 AM #5

Nimueh, we're unfortunately a NA server group or we'd love to have you join us. none the less there's no reason both our bards guild in NA and your musicians guild in EU couldn't still hang out and enjoy each others company and help each other out.

This is them if you're interested in the concept.

7/20/2016 2:29:02 PM #6

I'm already familiar with your guild and am looking forward to working with you guys to bring music to everyone in Elyria no matter the server :)

7/26/2016 12:07:52 PM #7

Have you already decided where you want to settle? If not, you might want to check out the Free City Nordhausen. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/8013/na-city-seeks-citizens-guilds-no-county-tax

7/26/2016 2:20:43 PM #8

Hi Kant! No we haven't decided yet, but I'm afraid we're an EU based guild otherwise I'd certainly consider Nordhausen.

8/9/2016 2:37:34 PM #9

(removed cause the website was removed)

8/14/2016 4:42:55 PM #10

First of all, I love the project! What would life be without music?

If you're still looking for a place to locate your guild and tavern, I'd be more than happy to help you out! Do you have a discord so we could discuss this matter further?

More info about the Earldom of Thunormoe can be found at our website thunormore.org or in our recruitment post. We also have a discord if you'd like to stop by and chat :) https://discord.gg/0zZhDTrJX1NBm4Bh

House Storm

10/19/2016 4:56:30 PM #11

Interested in running your own tavern? Looking at being a cook or bar worker? Well, The Musician's Guild needs you! We're looking at having a Tavern/Bunk house as part of our guild and are interested in having members run it. We're willing to allow some of the the profits to be kept by the staff/members (amount to be negotiated), but the use of the building would be free of charge. If you're interested, PM me or contact me on Discord.

10/21/2016 11:25:02 PM #12

Thanks for promoting CoE on your YouTube channel, tumblr and website! It's all very beautiful

10/24/2016 7:21:14 PM #13

i am very interested in joining this guild in actually play guitar my self so i think i might be a lute player my favourite composer is beethoven but i also like vivaldi im also saving up for some gear for music studio i'm building and i'm also learning my music production i had a similar idea to this but its awesome that this is available to the eu guild im well up for this thank you.

10/24/2016 8:00:31 PM #14

Hi Twistedjack! Glad to here you'd like to join us! Please join us on our discord if you'd like, or just some make yourself know on our website as this allows me to keep better track of our numbers and get in touch with all members easier.

Wow, I'd love to have a proper studio! I use a £30 usb mic and my bedroom currently (as the soft furnisings dampen the sound to replicate a studio environment). I studied Music Technology myself two years ago (didn't go too well), but it's great to have another here interested in it)

1/1/2017 7:24:05 PM #15

Hey guys! Now's a great time for anyone interested in joining an EU based Musician's guild as we are currently getting a guild project started :D Just give me a PM here, on our website, or on discord if you want to join!