COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Mayors of Blackheart

So I'm now a mayor of Blackheart.

I just wanna see who else is a mayor in Blackheart and what plans you have for your particular settlements. What kind of settlement do you want, how was it established etc.

2/5/2018 4:57:42 AM #1

I thought your plan was to see which kingdom got to'resk? Or has BH made it their goal to get to'resk? Which would be interesting and good to know.

2/5/2018 7:47:04 AM #2

Blackheart's goal is to get the Dras kingdom which is the 5th kingdom in the line up. It will have the largest swamp and biggest Dras population. And being bordered to the 6th kingdom which is the to'resk motherland kingdom 5 will have a nice sizable population of to'resk near the 6th and 5th kingdom border.

So I plan to choose a settlement in that general marshland area.

2/5/2018 8:30:07 AM #3

According to the "A Year of Foundation" developer journal, any Angelica kingdom that has Dras will also have To'resk. At least 2 Angelica kingdoms prefer northern biomes, so my guess is that Blackheart has at least 50% chance to get a Dras biome. That estimate likely errs on the conservative side. My gut feel is that Blackheart will be in the top 3 in pick order, considering the money that some members have thrown around on RL media production and such. Ashland is my other guess on who's in the top 3, and they have expressed a desire for northern biomes. That means that Blackheart has a pretty good chance to be a slam-dunk for swamps and wetland. So MusaKn's choice is a pretty good bet, I would say.

2/5/2018 8:59:38 AM #4

I won't be shy, Blackheart all the way. It's a little early to answer your questions but all in all I just want to hang out and murder people for the kingdom

2/5/2018 9:12:17 AM #5

Posted By *Atlas Forgiven * at 12:59 AM - Mon Feb 05 2018

I won't be shy, Blackheart all the way. It's a little early to answer your questions but all in all I just want to hang out and murder people for the kingdom

A useful and no doubt quite achievable aspiration.

2/6/2018 2:50:16 AM #6

I'm a mayor in Blackheart, although I moved up to Count I am organizing my county to support a large city infrastructure.

Here is a link

The city itself will act as the binding point between the military duchy of Duskforge and the Bread Basket of Whisperwind. We have strong allies in both and want to unify the two duchies so that both are stronger and inter-dependent so that both can be a greater force for the Queen.

Right now I'm still trying to figure out a way to tie the lore of the settlement into Blackheart, but Blackheart's lore is still adapting to changes in gameplay mechanics...so I don't want to do all the work and have to change it dramatically.

As for the discussion about Blackheart's kingdom preference, they only committed to Dras because it fit with their existing ideals and playstyle preference. The reality is that they will still choose the best kingdom they can, if the Dras kingdom isn't in a good location on the final map it will change the focus of the Dukes.

Even the most recent poll had the dukes voting for Kingdom 4 which is Neran/Weard/To'resk with a bit of Dras. So it's still up in the air, and there are also dukes who are entirely dedicated to going Brudvir and they seek Kingdom 1. So it's not as cut and dry as one might think.

If the Kingdom goes Dras we would likely be on the border, which at this point is likely on the border with the Weard or Janoa...it depends how varied the map options are. I imagine because some ,military/borders duchies don't actually want to be Dras or To'resk that Duskforge will land on the To'resk side because we are willing to adapt to most any circumstance.

Again, this could all change overnight as we get closer to land selection and the map vote. We also don't even know what the final kingdom order will be for land selection which also could change a lot.

2/6/2018 4:29:19 AM #7

Posted By MusaKn at 6:47 PM - Mon Feb 05 2018

Blackheart's goal is to get the Dras kingdom which is the 5th kingdom in the line up. It will have the largest swamp and biggest Dras population. And being bordered to the 6th kingdom which is the to'resk motherland kingdom 5 will have a nice sizable population of to'resk near the 6th and 5th kingdom border.

Ah I knew BH liked the Dras tribe and were open to taking it. I had assuming wrong they would want to see the map before making that decision final. Not really many kingdoms around that aim for tribes first and hell with anything else. So a nice change to see.

2/6/2018 8:06:01 AM #8

Agreed, Gunnlang.

For Blackheart, I think it has to do with the vampish RP the nobles are into. That's not quite my take on Dras, but it's superior to the superghoul shtick that many players seem to be misled by.

I'll go wherever the swamps take me, but it's nice if the folks I'll be associating with don't feel like they lost the domain selection game.

2/6/2018 9:49:24 AM #9

Blackheart Mayor here as well. I will be focusing on providing entertainment and business. I would like to run a town that people want to visit to have a good time.

To be clear, Blackheart has a preference for Dras. However, nothing is final until land selection. We need to get a look at the map and how the Kingdoms and biomes are set up before a choice is made. Regardless, our Kingdom's Blood is the most important and we will be happy to work with and elevate whatever decision is made.

Posted By Gunnlang at 8:29 PM - Mon Feb 05 2018

Ah I knew BH liked the Dras tribe and were open to taking it. I had assuming wrong they would want to see the map before making that decision final. Not really many kingdoms around that aim for tribes first and hell with anything else. So a nice change to see.

You are not so wrong Gunnlang. As I said above, we have a focus on Dras but no decision can be made yet. It would be foolish to without more information or to hold all of our plans on a single outcome that can be snatched away by others. We are not afraid or overly concerned with the choices that the other Kingdoms make. Blackheart will adapt and overcome any obstacle.

As to MusaKn's statement regarding Kingdom 5, they spoke out of turn, as Kingdom 4 also has Dras. We are heavily considering both options currently. All the same, I welcome MusaKn to Blackheart and have enjoyed some of the conversations had in Discord.

2/6/2018 1:08:16 PM #10

I am the Queen’s Vassal in Blackheart. What does this mean and how does it differentiate from other Vassal’s? Think of the protagonist from Mount & Blade Warband. I do what needs to be done for my Queen. Upon launch, I will have the rank as a Mayor; but I chose to uphold the original vision that offered the option of a Baron (I bought the original Barony Package). I’ll have a fief in Darkholm and will make it a military stronghold for the Black Knights.

Fort Ironholde

2/19/2018 8:59:57 PM #11

Posted By Gunnlang at 11:29 PM - Mon Feb 05 2018

I don't think they have ever stated they are beholden to going for the Dras kingdom, and they've made it clear it entirely depends on the map.

But, all things equal, they prefer Dras at this point. I don't imagine the devs will provide a map so unfair that an entire kingdom is at a disadvantage (therefor punishing people who spend 10k usd on their game) and dooming them from the start. So unless the developers are just negligent there shouldn't really be any reason to not pick the tribe you like, as location should be rather even at the start and I assume they are going to balance the procedural generation to maintain that.

They could screw up though, but you can't plan on that at land selection because by that time you'd still not know what is exploitable and what resources are inherently more valuable/what land. So again, most will just pick their favorite tribe.

2/24/2018 5:35:32 PM #12

While I am not technically a Mayor of Blackheart, I am often looked to as one as I will be Deputy Mayor of Wild Haven.

What do we seek to become? It's really quite simple and yet complex at the same time. We seek to become the Las Vegas of Blackheart.

2/28/2018 6:44:57 AM #13

Blackheart Mayor here as well. I will be focusing on providing training and weaponry/outfitting for the those who want to focus more on archery, stealth etc. It will be more of an armory/barracks than a town.

9/15/2019 8:18:54 PM #14

Hi all! Necroing an old topic, but oh well!

I'm the countess of what is currently Greenbarn Barrows, hopefully it will be Folsom. And mayor of its largest city, soon-to-be-called Oakwood!

I plan to focus on production and selling of goods. Mechants and traders are in the top 5 most prominent and notable professions of the city, and I plan to put that to good use!

I'll personally be a leatherworker.

10/24/2019 4:46:57 AM #15

Since the topic has come back up,

I'm a hot drop Mayor in Thermondon. I will be focusing on seafaring and trade.

In the future I will be working towards expanding my village into more of a Naval base and creating a Naval fleet.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of my neighbors in the coming weeks/months as we get ready for the next steps.

A blind man could see the problems in this plan