COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Elyrian Assistance Program

Over $10,000 in pledge packages donated!

Elyrian. It is a word that flows off of the tongue as gently as a fire that burns its way slowly down a candlewick. It is a word, depending on where you look or who you ask, that has several different meanings. Google will initially try to tell you about Elyria, a small island city in the world of A Song of Ice and Fire. A stranger on the street may likely ask if you meant Elyria as well, referring to the fourteenth largest city in Ohio. If you ask any one of us, however, an Elyrian is what we will all be upon the long awaited settlement and domain selection. It is a dream that Caspian and his team have worked tirelessly to create and share with us, and in turn that dream has taken hold in many of our hearts and minds as well.

For most of us, we have begun to eat, sleep, and breath anything related to Chronicles of Elyria. Each day, excitement continues to grow as more of the pieces to this intricate and amazingly complex puzzle are slotted into place. Each day, this ever increasing work of art further finalizes itself into the completion of this shared dream and the anticipation grows. There are those in this very community, however, that even though this dream is taking shape and becoming more clear with every passing day, it has not come any closer for them. In a community currently dominated by Aristocracy and Nobles who are all jostling for position and their own place within the future of gaming, there are those among us who are not as fortunate.

I applaud Soulbound Studios for the opportunity they are giving the players, by allowing those who could not spare the amount of money needed to purchase a Noble package, the chance earn one through hard work and effort. Unfortunately, there are still people being overlooked. I have found that even I have been missing the fact that some of the wonderful people in this community may not be able to afford even the Elyrian tier pledge, which is not only needed to play the game, but to even be eligible to compete in the Free Kingdom Contest.

Imagine my shame when I discovered that even among my own small, but ever growing, community were those who had not been able to afford even a copy of this magnificent game. To my further chagrin, I discovered that I even had three, count it three, extra Elyrian tier pledges spread over my three accounts just sitting there being unused. Surely I cannot be alone in this? How many of us have single or even multiple accounts with an extra Elyrian pledges just sitting there, forgotten and abandoned after we purchased our Carriage For Two? Immediately, I contacted those people from my community and asked for their forum names and gifted them these extra packages.

How many other scenarios like this are being overlooked? How many others out there wake up and sign in everyday and log in to the forums or discord, with the worry of how they are going to even be able to play the game? For some, this could seem an insurmountable task. So I challenge all of you! If you happen to have that extra package laying around, or maybe even the means and desire to help, lets get together and find these people and make sure that they too can share in and take part of this dream! That, to me, is what being an Elyrian truly means...

What is the Elyrian Assistance Program?

We are a group of donors looking to help those players who have shown dedication and passion for Chronicles of Elyria, and cannot afford the game, a chance at playing the game by gifting them Elyrian package from the CoE store, or gifting them your spare copy of the game from your own purchase of the 'Carriage for two'.

What do you need to do?

First, regardless if you are a donor or in need of this program, the best place to start would be our discord, which can be found through the We See Hope picture below. Just give it a click and be directed to our discord!

If you are in need of a copy of the game, just visit our application channel and give us your forum name and a brief description of why you need/deserve a copy of the game. If you are a prospective donor, just hop into the discord and search through the applicants for someone you feel deserving of your donation.

Lastly, we need help from everyone to search their community and identify people who may need and want our help! Not everyone is comfortable being public about financial troubles and may be hesitant to jump in here without a boost from someone they know and trust in their community.

What you need to know!

I myself have already donated several packages and I plan to personally fund at least one per month. My hope is that we can find enough generous donors that we can fulfill someones dream at least once a week and hopefully even more!

Without further adieu, I encourage all of you to join us and lend your support! Even if you cannot be a donor, and don't need the assistance, we can always use people to help find others who can donate or who need the help. We will also need people to help vet the applicant in the event of a backlog to find those who are most worthy of the program. I thank you all for your time, and I hope to see many great things happen in the future!

11/21/2017 11:55:28 PM #1

This is an amazing idea, and I'm truly glad that someone's taken the initiative to help those interested in this game who are restricted by their budget.

Baron Zachariah Evrouin

The Barony of Septenstatio

Town Discord - discord.gg/e2kMTuZ

11/21/2017 11:59:55 PM #2

Truly a great idea! I would love to support this cause with whatever I am able to give. Even if it is only one package. Things like this make COE such an amazing community.

11/22/2017 12:10:56 AM #3

11/22/2017 12:21:34 AM #4

I want to structure it similar to the Big Brother/Big Sister program, where a prospective donor finds an applicant who he/she feels is the most deserving of their money/effort. That is why we have each person seeking help to post a brief 'application' of sorts on our discord! I hope this answers your questions.

11/22/2017 1:21:44 AM #5

I'd like to give a huge shout out to VioletWinterborne who has agreed to help me run this program! She will be a great asset and a huge help in making sure people get the help they need!

11/22/2017 1:46:19 AM #6

Really good idea

11/22/2017 4:06:53 AM #7

I'm Truly glad to be partnered with you and helping others join this journey~♥

11/22/2017 4:27:16 AM #8

I definitely support this kind of program. Great idea Daemon!

11/22/2017 5:15:00 AM #9

Nice Program! Id like to apply for a Royalty upgrade package please.

11/22/2017 5:16:26 AM #10

To clarify im kidding....

11/22/2017 5:33:39 AM #11

Very awesome idea.

11/22/2017 7:31:55 AM #12

This game has by far the least toxic community I've ever seen in my life lmao

Server: NA-E [Luna], Kingdom of Vornair, Duchy of The High Seas, County of Siren's Shore, Town of IronCall, Master of Coin - Xardas Salvatore

Friend code: 2D1330

11/22/2017 7:50:07 AM #13

This is a great idea. While I do not have the budget to support this program financially, I will be cheering for you from the sidelines. Perhaps we should start adding a link to this thread in our signatures, so word spreads across all of the forums quickly.

Maybe it would read like this: "Are you a fan of CoE? Do you want to take part in CoE from the ground up? Then follow this link here and learn how you could get a package for FREE from your fellow elyrians. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/22710/elyrian-assistance-program"

Posted By bartoni99 at 11:31 PM - Tue Nov 21 2017

This game has by far the least toxic community I've ever seen in my life lmao

I know, it's awesome, and a major reason why I keep coming back to the forums every day.

The mystery of the universe is like one big jigsaw puzzle, and we are forever discovering new pieces.

11/22/2017 9:30:01 AM #14

As said in private, you've got my support. This is great community building. Thanks for this!

-Wayland Ade'Braeden, Judicator of IronCall, Tritea Duchy of the High Seas.

Friend Code: 2D1330

"The wave returns to the ocean..."

11/22/2017 12:55:04 PM #15

Random Acts of Purchasing CoE for the less fortunate!

Great idea, and I love that CoE has more people like this, than not. CoE by far and away has the best community of players I have ever met.

I have never played a game, or been part of a gaming community where players would buy the game in pre-order for its community. That is the most awesome thing!