COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
Secret Guilds

Will it be possible to create and join a guild that are only known to a select few. Such as an Assassin's guild that you don't want everyone in the Kingdom to know about. Or an Alchemist guild that practices in poisons.

8/24/2017 2:04:31 AM #1

Yes it would be possible, if you dont do like most people in there and make a recruitment post with your real ingame name.

8/24/2017 2:36:26 AM #2

if you don't tell anyone about the guild then they won't know about it. Keep in mind that this is the kind of game where people won't even be able to see your characters name unless you tell it to them.

8/24/2017 4:52:40 AM #3

What if you were to go in the other direction. Would it be possible to advertise your guild, for example putting up posters or paying people to spread the word of your guild to other towns or even kingdoms?

8/24/2017 5:06:59 AM #4

Its like IRL , more people know you're existing more people will try to catch you. You will need to be vigilent.

I recommend you to recruit by talking with friend of friend. I cant see a guild recruiting by Making a poster with the words : We are recruiting do you want to kill people ? Join us !

8/24/2017 5:32:54 AM #5

Posted By TheLostMan at 11:52 PM - Wed Aug 23 2017

What if you were to go in the other direction. Would it be possible to advertise your guild, for example putting up posters or paying people to spread the word of your guild to other towns or even kingdoms?

well you can definitely pay someone to go around telling people about your guild since no game mechanic is required for that, just you literately handing someone money in exchange for spreading the word. Posters have not been mentioned but i don't see any reason why not, i mean we can build cities so why not be allowed to make posters.

8/24/2017 5:56:11 AM #6

Dunno about posters with art, but writing is supposed to be a mechanic, so littering flyers everywhere should be entirely possible. Hope your town doesn't have anti-littering laws though xD

Also known as AvA in Discord.

10/17/2017 6:27:04 AM #7

There are lots of ways you can keep a guild secret by using tavens and other places people will congregate and observer people as you play that are doing small things like pick pocketing for a thieves guild and assassination guild and looking for alchemist you can find potion peddlers or herbalist as you travel and see if they are interested in joining you. They do need you to pay attention to people as you play but it's the only way to keep it secret if you recruit them by talking to them in game and use vague speak to see where they stand on things like assassination or poison making

10/26/2017 8:09:12 PM #8

I hope so :D

I 'm sooooo hyped for this game! :)

11/3/2017 8:28:47 PM #9

I see a world where there are secret guilds with passwords or things that need to be done to get in them - I can also see this information being worth gold!

Aiming to play on the EU server.

If you live by the sword you will die by the sword.

If you are a UK player based in the Southwest be good to hear from you - we need to form friends now.

12/14/2017 6:05:56 PM #10

not impossible to do that idea

12/14/2017 10:58:35 PM #11

I read this post and suddenly had a vision of midevil/CoE versions of the Continental and John Wick. 😁

Count Ruthgar Rugharin, County of Bragen Veld, Duchy - Conclave of Aritaur, Kingdom of Vornair.

12/15/2017 12:31:33 AM #12

Posted By TheLostMan at

Will it be possible to create and join a guild that are only known to a select few. Such as an Assassin's guild that you don't want everyone in the Kingdom to know about. Or an Alchemist guild that practices in poisons.

I was talking about PVP assassinated and someone contacted me to ask if I was interesting in joining them. So yes they do have groups already forming for assassin guilds. But we are not allowed to talk about assassin's guild, might be a target....

12/15/2017 1:57:02 AM #13

These groups very much exist. The only way to fight back is to also strike from the shadows.

Oh hey there