COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
Thinking about making an information gathering and selling guild

I think that the game will eventually find itself needing a group of information brokers who will learn, discover, and uncover any important information to be traded and/or sold. People will always pay to know where their enemies hide, special resources may be, or other important tidbits. Ideally we would take no official side in any conflict and keep ourselves neutral in order to avoid persecution for our tasks. Would need to cast a wide net of informants, information gatherer's, safehouses for our information and members, and much more. There is also of course other areas of work we can branch into but I feel that should be discussed in private instead of an open forum. If you're interested, feel free to reply or PM me. I believe we can make ourselves a very nice profit and not have to spend a fortune to be a king or noble, especially if we can make or break them ourselves.

You know you've done a good job if no one is sure you were ever there at all.

5/31/2017 3:05:26 AM #1

I had a similar idea last year, before I decided to go baron. Now from this point of view, I don't think it would make sense to hire a third party, aside from basic things like tracking criminals.

By the way, you should drop this thread in the "organizations" forum of whatever server you'll be on.

5/31/2017 3:21:07 AM #2

Well, I figure everyone won't be able to keep track of everything if they focus on other things. If we know they are looking for the information and can dedicate more time and effort to it and get it done potentially faster, would be a great way to get info. Also would be useful for nobles and such to get information on anyone they needed without having to use people closely associated with them and hire professionals who have no connection to them personally.

5/31/2017 3:24:05 AM #3

Another thing I believe will make this attractive to everyone is the wide range of information that can be gathered and the variety of members we can get. There would essentially be no limitations to who could join, from commoner to noble, as long as they keep an ear and eye to the ground and provide usefull information, they'd get a part of the profits and help shape events in the world.

6/2/2017 6:36:34 PM #4

Instead of a information gathering and selling, why not just make it purely a free player support guild? As a gamer, I love helping new joins come into the game. I mean that's just me. Unless you plan to play the game like SAO

6/2/2017 7:27:27 PM #5

Why don't you just join a guild that already meddles in the intelligence game?

Or you could keep your current allegiance (whatever that may be) and join an already established network like Tartarus to sell your information.

UDL

5/20/2018 9:59:13 PM #6

I'll be willing to do business with groups like this seeing as my travels will most likely bring me some interesting information

Mighty gear for the Mighty Menn