COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Sorcery And Aging

Will There Be Any Sorcery That Can Achieve Immortal Body Or Just Turn Body To Young age?

5/27/2017 5:02:56 PM #1

Sorcery and magic don't exist, it's a myth.

On a more serious tone, how are we suppose to know ? These things are supposed to be discovered with time.

Anyway, immortal body can be achieve if you become a lich or a vampire.

5/27/2017 5:18:23 PM #2

I believe I heard or read somewhere that a truly evil person can learn how to create a "horcrux" or a phylactery that allows them to continue living their life normally while their body appears to age and then eventually their skin will just fall off and they turn into a lich.

I am guessing we will be able to defeat a lich in combat, but that unless we destroy the item giving it power it will be able to respawn or pull itself back together. Personally, I am really hoping I don't run into a vampire in this game.

5/27/2017 5:39:01 PM #3

Posted By Fyreto at 9:02 PM - Sat May 27 2017

Sorcery and magic don't exist, it's a myth.

On a more serious tone, how are we suppose to know ? These things are supposed to be discovered with time.

Anyway, immortal body can be achieve if you become a lich or a vampire.

well in introduction was said that u can become sorcerer so i thought that u can become immortal by sorcery

5/27/2017 5:42:16 PM #4

Magic is extremely rare and won't be implemented at launch.

Basically, if you have plans involving magic of any kind, its probably best to ditch them right now.

5/27/2017 5:46:32 PM #5

Or sorcery when you get to old and have dementia, and just simply forget were you supposed to save the princess or turn her into pig

5/27/2017 5:53:41 PM #6

Posted By Kyxsune at 1:42 PM - Sat May 27 2017

Magic is extremely rare and won't be implemented at launch.

Basically, if you have plans involving magic of any kind, its probably best to ditch them right now.

Basically that. I believe they had said they are going to ramp up magical talents as the game progresses and as we get closer to the end of the 10 years we will find the game in more of a middle fantasy setting as apposed to low fantasy, meaning more magic (or special talents) available in the world, but still.. not everyone will have access to it as it will still be a rare talent.

There is a lot of great information on the wiki (even though a lot of it still needs to be fleshed out/filled in).

http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Talents

5/27/2017 7:25:06 PM #7

Is magic possible? Maybe

Can you become immortal in game? Maybe

Do we know really anything about either topic? Not really.

5/27/2017 7:30:40 PM #8

A topic like this won't be answered until exposition or full launch. Possibly even a slight chance to see something like this in a beta, but who honestly knows?

5/27/2017 7:43:02 PM #9

Posted By AHumbleTurtle at 11:30 PM - Sat May 27 2017

A topic like this won't be answered until exposition or full launch. Possibly even a slight chance to see something like this in a beta, but who honestly knows?

ik that but im hoping that there would be at least chance to become immortal through sorcery

5/27/2017 7:44:07 PM #10

5% of People will have talents, even fewer will have Magic. Its supposed to be so rare you practically don't even know it exists.

Judging by this forum and the Soul/Talents forum, like at least 20% of people are obsessed with Magic.

These aren't very healthy numbers.

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

5/27/2017 7:59:51 PM #11

It's probably best magic is kept out of my hands.

I play one hell of a Necromancer. ;D

5/27/2017 8:03:21 PM #12

Posted By Apaukolypse at 3:44 PM - Sat May 27 2017

5% of People will have talents, even fewer will have Magic. Its supposed to be so rare you practically don't even know it exists.

Judging by this forum and the Soul/Talents forum, like at least 20% of people are obsessed with Magic.

• 20% obsessed with magic.
  • 30% obsessed with PvP.
  • 40% obsessed with PvE.
  • 5% Seeking to rule.
  • 4% Seeking to rebel.
  • 1% Seeking to watch it all burn.

Seems pretty healthy to me for pre alpha. Can't wait to see how it rearranges closer to launch.

5/27/2017 11:14:31 PM #13

Posted By Kyxsune at 04:03 AM - Sun May 28 2017

Mwhaha! Mwahahaha! Mwhahahahahhaha! Burn! Burn like The Burning!

5/27/2017 11:30:34 PM #14

Posted By Kyxsune at 3:03 PM - Sat May 27 2017

• 30% obsessed with PvP.
  • 40% obsessed with PvE.
  • 5% Seeking to rule.
  • 4% Seeking to rebel.

Seems pretty healthy to me for pre alpha. Can't wait to see how it rearranges closer to launch.

100% reason to remember the name?

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

5/28/2017 12:30:12 AM #15

Posted By Kyxsune at 1:03 PM - Sat May 27 2017

• 30% obsessed with PvP.
  • 40% obsessed with PvE.
  • 5% Seeking to rule.
  • 4% Seeking to rebel.

More like 25% are obsessed with being super stealthy assassins and 5% obsessed with actual PvP.