COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA ORGANIZATIONS
[NA-W] Guild: Trotter & Tollers

Village: Hembrink Guild: Trotter & Tollers

In the county of Inklingshire, there is a Village where vagabonds abound. Many merely pass through, some seek companions, the elders and the younger eagerly listen to tales from beyond the fringe. The village is Hembrink, and in it there is an Inn (Trotter & Tollers) where feet come to rest and the gullets come to down Brimstout before setting out again.

Hembrink within Inklingshire is dedicated to exploration, teaching survival, and understanding that which is valuable and that which is for fools. The Count enables visitors, invests in those who pay forward, and protects discretion. The county keeps an infrastructure that supports seeking far roads, ways, and parts unknown. It holds and treasures information about lore, places, flora and fauna. Since it borders the wild, it is not a keeper of families, but the Count and his kin have been in the area investing in seekers they say for more than 100 generations.

Its main pride is the Trotter & Tollers where people from all over come to learn how to survive outside of hospitality, go farther than most, and possibly bring back what few have ever found.

For those that linger rather than setting out or merely pass through, philosophy, beer crafting, cooking, mythopoeia, and lore in general to read and tell have become its jewels.

The guild helps to sustain the County, but beware, it may not be for the weak willed or those without discipline.

Come have a Brimstout, stop by at Trotter & Tollers or if you are so brave, join up and see whether you end to dare long roads, or hang back at Hembrink to merely share those long tales...

--Mythopoeia-- [extract from J.R.R. Tolkein, Mythopoeia]

He sees no stars who does not see them first of living silver made that sudden burst to flame like flowers bencath an ancient song, whose very echo after-music long has since pursued. There is no firmament, only a void, unless a jewelled tent myth-woven and elf-pattemed; and no earth, unless the mother’s womb whence all have birth. The heart of Man is not compound of lies, but draws some wisdom from the only Wise, and still recalls him. Though now long estranged, Man is not wholly lost nor wholly changed. Dis-graced he may be, yet is not dethroned, and keeps the rags of lordship once he owned, his world-dominion by creative act: not his to worship the great Artefact, Man, Sub-creator, the refracted light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.

I will not treat your dusty path and flat, denoting this and that by this and that, your world immutable wherein no part the little maker has with maker’s art. I bow not yet before the Iron Crown, nor cast my own small golden sceptre down.

Blessed are the legend-makers with their rhyme of things not found within recorded time. It is not they that have forgot the Night, or bid us flee to organized delight, in lotus-isles of economic bliss forswearing souls to gain a Circe-kiss (and counterfeit at that, machine-produced, bogus seduction of the twice-seduced). Such isles they saw afar, and ones more fair, and those that hear them yet may yet beware. They have seen Death and ultimate defeat, and yet they would not in despair retreat, but oft to victory have tuned the lyre and kindled hearts with legendary fire, illuminating Now and dark Hath-been with light of suns as yet by no man seen.

I would that I might with the minstrels sing and stir the unseen with a throbbing string. I would be with the mariners of the deep that cut their slender planks on mountains steep and voyage upon a vague and wandering quest, for some have passed beyond the fabled West.

7/4/2018 12:59:36 PM #1

The Searing Plague

Wisewhun is Count of Inklingshire and master of lore and survival, but his kin go back more than 100 generations. During The Searing Plague, his renowned kin Trotter and Tollers led fearlessly and faithfully many travelers who sought new places or needed safe passage or survival skills for their adventures. It was they who saw early signs of a growing sickness in the wildest parts, but it was also they who were renown for their research and lore that led to tonics that did help to cure, but more importantly immunize consumers. Variations of these tonics have passed down, but one of the most popular and enjoyable is Brimstout, and is only found in Hembrink at the Guild House of Trotter & Tollers.

7/4/2018 12:59:43 PM #2

reserved

8/4/2018 9:50:22 PM #3

reserved

8/4/2018 9:50:38 PM #4

reserved