COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE DOMAINS
[EU] Town of Lichendale

Hail fellow, well met! You have stumbled upon a city project that has been slowly brewing in my head for months and it will keep evolving as we learn more about the world and mechanics of Chronicles of Elyria. I will try to not promise anything that I can't keep my word on but I can tell you what I might look for and what my current plans are. Maybe I can even lure you into joining me and becoming a resident of the settlement or at least visiting it some day!

So, first things first: location, location, location. First of all, Lichendale is the county capital of Meitheal in the Duchy of Falzame and we are part of the kingdom of Al-Khezam. Al-Khezam is in the southeastern part of the continent with Grassland, Woodland Savanna and Swamp biomes so the main tribes are Neran, To'resk and Dras. We have settled in the western parts of the swamps.

Swamp is a harsh biome but it also offers great protection with difficult terrain and toxic environment. Dangerous environment also offers exotic materials like black jet, bog iron, plants and reptilian meat that offer great economical stability.

The main tribe will be Dras but since there are 4 other biomes close by we quite a lot of Neran, To'resk, Janoa and even Waerd in the settlement and in the surrounding areas. Migrating other tribes have been discussed and we will help people to get their desired tribe if they choose so.

Currently the main industry in the city is forestry but I will move the focus towards alchemy but it naturally needs other professions to support it and I don't mind if someone wants to do something else. I will try to support and help out my fellows and in return wish they are there for me and for each other, we are in the same boat after all.

So, those other professions. Herbalists for starters, hunters, farmers and glassblowers, anything to be honest. All professions will need each other in some way and if something can't be done locally it can be imported. Some professions might depend on the biome and surrounding resources so we'll see. Innkeeper and guards are needed of course and so are traders and merchants. Guilds and associations are welcome to settle in and in fact I'll propably set up the headquarters of Magnum Opus in my city.

In the long run I would love to see Lichendale to thrive and grow, to be a place where people like to live and play, a place where people want to return after their adventures. Not an easy goal but it's not impossible, especially with the right people and friends by my side.

I'm pretty easy going fellow, I personally don't desire anything grand but I try to help our community, county, duchy and kingdom thrive. I don't want to dictate how everyone else should play or what they should do in Lichendale but I can try to help them with their goals. When I play games I aim for having fun and distracting myself from the burdens of the real world.

I got excited about CoE during the Kickstarter and that hype never wore down. I planned to play as gentry but things happened and I ended up buying the Baron pledge and later on upgraded to count. Now I'm aiming to take over one of the open NPC duchies with the help of our kingdom so things have slowly been building up.

Don't hesitate to contact me in this thread, with a private message or in Discord if you have any questions or suggestions. I'm happy to have a chat and hear about your plans and ideas. I don't think I have the luxury of being too picky on people who want to join so I welcome everyone and all!

5/14/2017 12:02:28 AM #1

Nice post Rofus ! happy to work with you in Arkadia !

5/14/2017 12:08:51 AM #2

Good luck!

Life is too short to play bad games.

5/14/2017 12:22:23 AM #3

Looking forward to visit your town! You will surely reach new heights never-seen-before as a mayor and a great alchemist!

5/14/2017 3:08:09 AM #4

Well done Rofus!

5/14/2017 3:11:08 AM #5

Beautiful work there Rofus :) , nice to finally be able to like stuff of yours for once. :)

5/14/2017 1:43:06 PM #6

Thanks! I'll update this regularly and already got couple ideas I need to add. Might add some lore too but that will have to wait for Domain selection and tribe info.

5/20/2017 12:18:57 PM #7

Added a picture with a crest and changed the text a little bit.

Also first citizen recruited! Welcome Nunorufas!

6/28/2017 4:33:43 PM #8

Updated the text with "recent" changes like a link to Duchy of Feann which will be our home duchy.

I am happy to answer any questions anyone might have. I am eagerly waiting for the domain selection so I can add some more information!

7/7/2017 2:54:03 PM #9

I have updated the thread with images made by Lech! Thanks a lot for this awesome stuff!

7/21/2017 1:54:25 AM #10

Brilliant! Iove the plans for your town

8/12/2017 12:36:45 AM #11

Posted By Dealalot at 04:54 AM - Fri Jul 21 2017

Brilliant! Iove the plans for your town

Thank you! These are just the basic ideas from where we can adapt and develop as new information on CoE is released. There's quite a few things I would like to have nailed down already but it's better to keep plans more flexible for now.

Things are going pretty nicely for our town: some new members joined and bunch of others have shown interest, new friendly connections have been made and there are also ideas for a guild or two. We should take things slowly but sometimes progression happens with unexpected ease.

I would like to point out that even if we want Lichendale to be known for alchemy and herbalism we are still looking for other trades and professions! We need innkeepers, blacksmiths, glassblowers, tailors, merchants, traders, woodworkers, scribes and of course adventurers! So basically we need everything and we welcome everyone! The easiest way to contact me is through Discord but I do check the forums several times per day so sending me a message here is good option too :)

10/22/2017 5:04:16 PM #12

Im in

disc: curzman#7965

10/23/2017 5:04:15 PM #13

Nice post Rufus brot. 😁😁

10/23/2017 5:14:14 PM #14

Can't wait to sample your brews and herbs

10/23/2017 10:04:56 PM #15

I wish you the best of luck with your town Rofus. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.