COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Automatic Subtitles missing in SBS VIDEOS

I asked in Discord about why Souldbound don't activate option to generate automatically subtitles in their videos. @Vye asnwer:

I always check the box to allow viewers to contribute translations. Not sure what more I can do...

I know that fans can create and ad subtitles in your videos, the problem and real question is:

What happen when this video isn't translated or added subtitles to other languages?

The asnwer is very symple, the fans, players, followers and members can't know anything about this video. They don't have any option to know about any Q&A or theme talked in SBS videos.

Is this people that don't speak or don't have level to listening English is imposible that this people can do a translation.

Well, there a other option with published videos, AUTOMATICALLY SUBTITLES, but this option can be activated onlyy by creator of videos.

This option generate subtitlesm, in this case in english, but after by options of You tube can be translated to other languages.

SBS could be arrive to actual players and future players if this people has option to know more about the game.

OHHHHH. Not only arrive to people that don't know english language, too ARRIVE TO PEOPLE WITH SENSORIALS PROBLEMS LIKE A DEAFS PEOPLE.

I found instructions here how to add and activate auto subtitles in your videos:

I hope that you add auto subtitles to underestand and know what the content of yours videos.

Regards

4/4/2017 12:47:21 PM #1

SPANISH:

Buenas Elyrios

Resulta que en los videos se pueden habilitar la genereacion de subtitulos automaticos, tanto en ingles como en Español o cualquier otro idioma. Esto facilita la comprension y conocer el contenido de los videos.

Tiene habilitada la posterior traduccion en subtitulos, pero que sucede si nadie los traduce o subtitula? Pues que los mortales que no tenemos nivel de ingles suficiente mo nos podremos enterar del contenido de esos Q&A nunca a no ser que la comunidad los traduzca.

Considero, en mi opinion que es no es bueno para SBS ya que llegan a menos publico que este interesado en el juego y no poder enterarse del contenido de esos Q&A que alguno son bastante interesantes.

Ademas que pasa con las personas que tienen alguna deficiencia auditiva? Simplemente, que no tampoco pueden enterarse del video.

Creo que es una limitacion muy grave que que estan poniendo.

Un saludo a todos

4/4/2017 12:53:33 PM #2

From what I can tell CoE videos on youtube are not activated for contribution anyway, I just tried.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

4/4/2017 1:01:39 PM #3

Posted By themata at 14:53 - Tue Apr 04 2017

From what I can tell CoE videos on youtube are not activated for contribution anyway, I just tried.

True!!!! I see now....

EDIT: Just now I look that SBS changed this option, so SBS read this post and don't do any asnwer. Good. very good.

4/5/2017 4:48:44 PM #4

I like that somebody vote DISLIKE to this proposition when there are people with interesting in game and is imposible learn, listenning or read contents of game why SBS don't want activate this menus.

Or Better, dislike for people with sensorials problems and they can't heard Q&A and only can read, but this videos don't have subtitles.

Good for persons that dislikes this post.... And good for SBS to read and asnwer.

The missing support to the fans continue.

Best Regards

EDIT: For Dislikes people with any interesting in help to other communities languages. Good job.

4/5/2017 8:16:04 PM #5

Don't sweat it man, if they have changed it then it looks like it is all sorted :) now just need people to add translations. I might do some English subtitles because I am a monolingual pleb.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

4/6/2017 1:14:45 AM #6

Thanks to activated automatically subtitles in some videos.

Now all fans can see all videos with lovely and understand content of these.

A LOT OF THANKS

Best Regards

4/6/2017 6:54:53 PM #7

We've always been happy to allow the community to add translations and transcriptions to the videos, but I don't know that the link has been distributed well enough.

Please us this link to contribute to the videos.

Unfortunately, YouTube cannot do Automatic Subtitles on our videos because:

• The video is too long.
  • The video has poor sound quality or contains speech that YouTube doesn't recognize.
  • There is a long period of silence at the beginning of the video.
  • There are multiple speakers whose speech overlaps.

So community-submitted captioning is our only option. Again, please go to http://www.youtube.com/timedtextcspanel?c=UCa7jRzCTpW2NCh4FK11y9jQ&tab=2 to contribute your own transcriptions and translations!

4/11/2017 6:32:19 PM #8

Posted By vye at 20:54 - Jue Abr 06 2017

We've always been happy to allow the community to add translations and transcriptions to the videos, but I don't know that the link has been distributed well enough.

Please us this link to contribute to the videos.

Unfortunately, YouTube cannot do Automatic Subtitles on our videos because:

• The video is too long.
  • The video has poor sound quality or contains speech that YouTube doesn't recognize.
  • There is a long period of silence at the beginning of the video.
  • There are multiple speakers whose speech overlaps.

So community-submitted captioning is our only option. Again, please go to http://www.youtube.com/timedtextcspanel?c=UCa7jRzCTpW2NCh4FK11y9jQ&tab=2 to contribute your own transcriptions and translations!

Ummm... I don't know this parameters about too long, poor quality, etc...

Thanks @Vye for your comments and answer.

Regards!!!