COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Can I be my own grandpa!?!?

When our characters die, I wonder if we will have the option of being born back into the family of the our last character. It would be awesome being able to have my character continue on the legacy of my previous characters. What kind of cool applications could this have? If you family builds up enough influence could a family Crest be used to apply bonuses? Could certain family lines be famous within the game depending on what the family members that have gone before done? I'm loving this aspect of the game and what amazing things it can do for the game experience!

"Venture Not, Gain Not"

3/16/2017 4:52:49 PM #1

yes that is the idea behind the family system and children. Is so that you can inhabit your children in the next life (or your designated heir)

so that property can be transferred to your heir. as well as have a feel of continuation to your play.

it does require you to have had children, or someone else in your family to have children which you have the NPC code for.

EDITl Well not on the family crest bonuses idea. but on the transfer of wealth and your children is a major core component of the family system.

3/18/2017 4:36:52 AM #2

Be cool if you wore a family crest if that helped when talking to people in that family. Or uniforms with similar bonuses for guilds etc

3/19/2017 3:45:56 PM #3

banjo plucks in the distance

3/19/2017 4:55:40 PM #4

4/7/2017 12:37:03 AM #5

Posted By Scheneighnay at 04:45 AM - Mon Mar 20 2017

banjo plucks in the distance

Hahahhahaha my thoughts exactly. I saw the title of this thread and immediately got the song stuck in my head

4/23/2017 11:03:04 PM #6

This made me think of two things:

1 - Futurama. Fry is, indeed, his own grandpa.

2 - The soul mechanic reminds me of Flemeth in Dragon Age. She takes over the bodies of her daughters in order to live forever (at least according to her daughter Morrigan). Not exact, but similar. The same soul reincarnates into an already living body so you're essentially a body snatcher.

... but that's probably a discussion for other threads.

5/28/2017 4:37:38 PM #7

I wish to have my family like every dynasty in CK2 and just marry my cousins

6/1/2017 1:17:52 PM #8

Posted By Candrian at 12:03 AM - Mon Apr 24 2017

This made me think of two things:

1 - Futurama. Fry is, indeed, his own grandpa.

2 - The soul mechanic reminds me of Flemeth in Dragon Age. She takes over the bodies of her daughters in order to live forever (at least according to her daughter Morrigan). Not exact, but similar. The same soul reincarnates into an already living body so you're essentially a body snatcher.

... but that's probably a discussion for other threads.

Holy crap Candrian. I never made the connection with Flemeth before, but that makes so so much sense.

...Are we all blood mages?

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

12/31/2018 5:40:45 PM #9

Jup, you can. I think is gonna be pretty cool to Play a grandpa🤔...“I told you, I told you . When I was young, I did everything better, ehhhhh tennager 👴

5/28/2019 9:37:01 PM #10

so if you dont have family can you lose all your wealth?

5/28/2019 9:44:21 PM #11

Posted By endercain at 2:37 PM - Tue May 28 2019

You can lose all your wealth even with a family. Everything can be lost.

Without an heir, its not very clear what happens to your estate (and may vary per local law) but I would not count on getting it back easily.

5/28/2019 10:05:13 PM #12

Posted By Vucar at 11:44 PM - Tue May 28 2019

Posted By endercain at 2:37 PM - Tue May 28 2019

You can lose all your wealth even with a family. Everything can be lost.

Without an heir, its not very clear what happens to your estate (and may vary per local law) but I would not count on getting it back easily.

unless you simply hide it in a place only you know before you die... make sure only you know and it wont be found by good luck and give a random stranger a nice fortune...

Friend Code: 30EF47

5/28/2019 10:38:28 PM #13

Old post but in relation to the newest question, after the owner of a item dies for good, and it is not passed on to an heir, would it become freely available and unowned?