COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
Large clans, alliances and hostilities

So seen a few post of people complaining about some servers (NA-E for example) that they are concerned everyone is joining up and there will be no pvp cause we are all at peace and it's no fun.

I think that with the game not even close to being out and many changes still in store people shouldn't worry just yet. At this point in time feuding is pointless, The game is still being built. The RP part of feuding can be fun but right now helping the devs flesh out ideas should be the drive.

When the game finally arrives I hope the continents have their rises and falls of kingdoms and alliances. Sure this year may be one of peace and King X is merciful but with the dying mechanics in place who knows how his son/daughter will rule. It gives that player(kingdom) the chance to change play styles. One year is peace and prosperity and the next is war constantly and all potential under the same person.

*Edit- to clarify I don't mind the feuding but there are some that take it to personal. Hope people take it all in good fun.

10/26/2016 6:53:46 AM #1

Anyone who thinks there's no feuds brewing yet is just on the business end of the plotting.

It's not a problem, it's a plot hook!

10/26/2016 7:02:21 AM #2

Touché

10/26/2016 7:05:15 AM #3

Anyone who is interested in learning about the feuds and rivalries going on right now oughta come have a talk with me in my discord.

Elyrian Politics are alive and well there.

Count of Boros

Luna (NA-E)  Ⓛ  Vornair Ⓥ  Dawn's Reach (The Stormlands)

10/26/2016 7:31:13 AM #4

What is the point of this?

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

10/26/2016 7:34:24 AM #5

The same as anything here, conversation if you want...if you don't please skip.

10/26/2016 7:55:05 AM #6

You have 4/5 competing Kingdoms in the East coast and you think it's gonna be 100% peaceful?

What? Bro are you okay?

10/26/2016 8:04:00 AM #7

Posted By OrangeBoy at 02:55 AM - Wed Oct 26 2016

You have 4/5 competing Kingdoms in the East coast and you think it's gonna be 100% peaceful?

What? Bro are you okay?

I would say that NA-E will be one of the best of Server to be on. It will have a lot interaction and history being made. I have to agree with you Orangeboy not everything will be peaceful.

10/26/2016 8:07:03 AM #8

Posted By Azeron at 01:04 AM - Wed Oct 26 2016

Posted By OrangeBoy at 02:55 AM - Wed Oct 26 2016

What? Bro are you okay?

I would say that NA-E will be one of the best of Server to be on. It will have a lot interaction and history being made. I have to agree with you Orangeboy not everything will be peaceful.

Bro don't talk to me, I don't talk to East Coast filth

10/26/2016 8:08:28 AM #9

No I don't , but I had seen some post where people were worried it would be. I hope for the ups and downs, the kingdoms that rise and fall and those that weather the storm. And I'm sure politics are alive and well at the moment but I wouldn't put much into it until the game is live. The enemies of today could be one happy kingdom a year from now and vice versa. Right now it's all just chat.

10/26/2016 9:20:13 AM #10

People will soon realize that a kingdom is not a safe and friendly space, the casus belli system make it so that most of the feuds and conflicts are going to take place inside a kingdom and not between kingdoms!

Conflicts for power in CoE do not go with small steps it is a all or nothing each time. A king that declare war on an other king do not do such to increase a little his land or push his borders, he does not try to snag a county or duchy... it goes all the way to grab the entire kingdom at once and nothing less!!

And to do so it will need the support of 2/3 of the other kings, and if successfull he will be twice as powerfull as any of the others. It is more than likely that kingdom wars will be even with a very high level of hatred in between them very uncommon.

On the other hand, inside a kingdom feuds and combats are going to be plentifull.

10/26/2016 11:44:54 AM #11

When the darkness comes, the question isn't if you can fight the dark. The question my dear friends is... can you maintain the light?

10/26/2016 12:47:44 PM #12

I hope it isn't a prison yard free for all like UO but a little conflict along the borders with some deeper invasions at times would be fine.

10/26/2016 12:54:23 PM #13

The PVP guilds that have not released there server choice, are laughing at the fact that any kingdom will be completely peaceful. Once the dyanmics of the game have been learned and people have had a chance to build/arm there will be plenty of war/fighting.

Think of this as a more indepth game of civilization, and the first 2-3 months are your first 10-15 turns.

We as species are not capiable of peace.

Vornair/ Somerset /// Guild Leader Apollo

10/26/2016 2:18:24 PM #14

Another point to note, is that at the moment the only reason someone would be enemies, is for the sake of being enemies, or if some group in some way declares itself 'evil'. There isn't a history of acts being committed between countries, to create this rivalry, and there is no territory to dispute yet. A smart kingdom probably uses this pre-game time, to only make allies, since enemies wont gain him anything .- yet.

10/26/2016 2:48:48 PM #15

Posted By Spongehunter at 11:54 PM - Wed Oct 26 2016

The PVP guilds that have not released there server choice, are laughing at the fact that any kingdom will be completely peaceful. Once the dyanmics of the game have been learned and people have had a chance to build/arm there will be plenty of war/fighting.

I really can't see anyone truly thinking their kingdom will be full peaceful. It's not even possible. Unless they are on a server with really no one on it.

I would be more surprised if civil wars didn't break out in all the kingdoms. But even if that doesn't happen on NA east, that server will be a blood bath. Which is both good and bad, depending how much pvp the person likes.