COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Parcel Layouts

I will try to add some other layouts as I get time. Others please feel free to post your own layouts. Best seen in the forums as 600x600 res.

Green Parcel Farm

You should hum the Green Acres TV show theme in your mind, as you sing these lyrics as loudly as possible.

"Green Parcel is the place to be. Farm livin' is the life for me. Land spreadin' out so far and wide. Keep New Haven just give me that countryside."

8/11/2016 7:34:00 PM #1

I personally would think about moving the outhouse away fro the crops and more towards the corals. If/when it get full or floods the raw sewage might flow into the roots of the crops.

What you could do is move your house up where the Chicken Coop is now, relocate the coop down a little bit and to the left of the house and place the outhouse between the repositioned coop and the left corner of the coral.

But overall, every thoughtful and clean layout.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

8/11/2016 7:43:00 PM #2

Was well planned out! At least you have got a solid idea of what your farm might look like. I am aspiring to become a legendary farmer. This is giving me ideas haha

Yours Sincerely, Verde the Zealous Kypiq

8/11/2016 8:04:32 PM #3

Glad you like it so far. I lived on a farm similar to this when I was growing up.. We did have 40 acres and indoor plumbing. No outhouse and an old well that had been filled in and capped.

Our farm buildings area was separated from crop fields by a hill.

I deliberately put too much into this map. A separate stables and corral for a couple of old labor horses is overkill. If you want to raise horses or trison, you will need a dedicated multi-acre ranch with bigger stables and a bigger corral.

The pasture would be for grazers like cows, sheep and goats. Again, too small for a serious dairy operation for instance.

The quarter acre crop field would barely keep half a dozen animals fed.

8/11/2016 8:07:41 PM #4

Is this for one parcel?

Remember it is only an acre, farms will need multiple acres to be economically viable.

8/11/2016 8:17:07 PM #5

While realism wise Zultra that may be true, based on a few of the numbers we have so far:

Total Land size for the first continent is about the size of Vermont. I used 8729 square miles which is a bit smaller. That's 22608 Square kilometers

Based on 1 Continent with 4 Kings each with 8 dukes each with 12 counts each with 2.5 barons we get the following

APOLOGIES, I'm very bad at math Edit: There are 1000000 square meters in a square kilometer, not 1000 square meters. This results in MUCH different numbers. I accept my shame

As promised:

Parcels per Kingdom:

Parcels per Duchy:

Parcels per County:

Parcels per Barony:

Much better :D

8/11/2016 8:18:01 PM #6

How do you know, Zultra, that it needs multiple acres? What do you understand under "economically viable"?

Duke of Dugh Kahldur

8/11/2016 8:20:08 PM #7

Posted By Zultra at 1:07 PM - Thu Aug 11 2016

Is this for one parcel?

Remember it is only an acre, farms will need multiple acres to be economically viable.

Technically it is 49.2m^2 larger than an acre. And we have no idea what will be economically viable, or even what the goals of this farm are.

Even so, this is a great start, and will be a solid foundation to grow from.

8/11/2016 8:21:49 PM #8

What did you use to make this Parcel, OP? I'd be interested in making one of my own.

8/11/2016 8:40:11 PM #9

Posted By Bombastus at 3:20 PM - Thu Aug 11 2016

Posted By Zultra at 1:07 PM - Thu Aug 11 2016

Is this for one parcel?

Technically it is 49.2m^2 larger than an acre. And we have no idea what will be economically viable, or even what the goals of this farm are.

Even so, this is a great start, and will be a solid foundation to grow from.

That is a fair point. All we know is that an acre is 64m x 64m in the game.

As for economically viable, with my capitalist cap on, it would be enough food that you can produce so no one starves AND make profit off of it. However, probably just making sure there are enough farms so cities don't starve should be the goal. I suspect that farms will need at least 4 acres per crop if they want to be competitive in the long run.

As well some places might have community farms.

8/11/2016 8:43:07 PM #10

I paid $100 USD for Campaign Cartographer 3+ and I used the City Designer module that was included in that bundle. There is a learning curve.

ProFantasy Software

8/11/2016 11:27:41 PM #11

This looks really cool! I hope you make more in the future :)

Penny for the bard

8/11/2016 11:52:27 PM #12

Posted By ImmoDivine at 9:17 PM - Thu Aug 11 2016

While realism wise Zultra that may be true, based on a few of the numbers we have so far:

Total Land size for the first continent is about the size of Vermont. I used 8729 square miles which is a bit smaller. That's 22608 Square kilometers

Based on 1 Continent with 4 Kings each with 8 dukes each with 12 counts each with 2.5 barons we get the following

5520 total parcels

1380 Parcels per Kingdom

172 Parcels per duchy

14 Parcels per County

6 Parcels per Barony

Just a few things to consider

Theres more then 5520 parcels

8/11/2016 11:54:28 PM #13

Posted By Franstein at 9:18 PM - Thu Aug 11 2016

How do you know, Zultra, that it needs multiple acres? What do you understand under "economically viable"?

I have RL experience working in agriculture, if it is realistic it will need more then a plot to make a financially successful, productive farm.

I would imagine you could fit a apple orchard and have it successful year round in a plot but that is not the same bulk crop like wheat, barley, oats etc..

8/11/2016 11:59:55 PM #14

Posted By Perry Falco at 1:43 PM - Thu Aug 11 2016

I paid $100 USD for Campaign Cartographer 3+ and I used the City Designer module that was included in that bundle. There is a learning curve.

ProFantasy Software

Man, I had an old version of that, back in the day. Surprised it is still around.

8/12/2016 12:45:20 AM #15

With regards to economic viability, it's kind of impossible to surmise at this point unless you know what crop yields will be like in game and how the typical factors that impact that I'm the real world (access to water, soil quality, fertilizer use, etc) will be implemented.

Also, when trying to determine parcels in game, remember that now all land in the continent will be habitable or developable. Places like mountains, rivers, etc may be entirely unsuitable for habitation or building of any kind.