COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
If I could have any Talent ....

Hey CoE Community!

While we already have a growing list of Talents, we wanted to give you an opportunity to tell us what you think would be an amazing talent to have. Reply to this thread and complete this sentence:

My character can .....

... ...
3/15/2018 4:23:58 PM #886

(Gonna put down a few ideas that may or may not have already been mentioned)

•Necromancy/true resurrection

•Soulseeker: the ability to see beings with souls within a certain radius (basically life detect but doesn’t work on beings like vampires or liches, but could work on a phylactery)

•Scan: something like a talent/skill detector for singular targets

•Animorphing (separate from lycanism; could have to discover or even eat the desired animal before being able to transform into it permanently)

•Portal: being able to open a portal to either (or both) Haven or Karcion

•Steal Talent (self-explanatory, but the mechanics of such a talent could be problematic)

Luna Server NA-East ; Citizen of the Kingdom of Kairos, Duchy of Ashira, County of Agrion Discord: https://discord.gg/msw2Qm

Member of the Azmar City Council, Student of Tyto Academy

Friend Code: C80DCC

3/16/2018 12:37:45 AM #887

Maybe as a To'resk scribe, eventually developing the talent for innately sensing lies, forgeries, and the like :)

3/29/2018 6:41:12 PM #888

-1/4Mage: Has 25% of power of a real mage. but it exists more frequent

-Teleporter: Can teleport over a short distance (40 m)

-Ambidextrous: Everything what needs two hands is easier for someone who is ambidextrous.

-Trap sense: Can sense near traps.

-Contortionist: Makes what it is

-Invisible: You put a ring on your finger and...

-Clone: Looks exactly the same to another charakter and can learn/trigger the talents of the other charakter for himself.

-Magic sensitive: The Charakter can feel/see/hear/... magic.

Member of the County of Thraxir/Mitglied der Grafschaft Thraxir

ᛏᚺᚱᚨᛪᛁᚱ

Friendcode: 862C38

3/30/2018 11:59:35 PM #889

Most of these are pretty overpowered... though to be honest I'm leaving out the truly overpowered ones I've thought of.

Mimicry: Ability to mimic someone else's abilities after only seeing them perform them once. Perhaps even creature abilities.

Lightning incarnate: Control, create, and transform into the element lightning. Avoid physical attacks by turning body into lightning, allowing the attacks to pass through. Can also electrocute anyone that is touching. Can travel at elevated speeds. When using this ability a loud crack of thunder follows. Can also melt steel as lightning reaches temperatures of 53,540°F whereas the surface of the sun only reaches a mere 10,340°F. Can jumpstart own heart if it enters a state of cardiac arrest. Able to listen to the electrical sound waves that traverse the air itself to analyze her surroundings and defeat illusions. Upon activation all wounds, regardless of severity, are healed. Hair will appear like yellow living lightning. Eyes will be white and radiate lightning. Entire overall body will radiate a golden aura of lightning.

Weaknesses: Insulators, like rubber. Also faraday cages/suits (at least temporarily until they melt).

Lightning Spear: Conjure a spear of lightning and hurl it at an opponent - like the Greek God Zeus.

Thunder Clap: Heats the air around the character until it explodes in a thunderclap. Can be used to avoid and neutralize non-material attacks, and stun foes.

Thunder Metallurgy: Heat and melt nearby metal and reshape it into something else.

Judgment: Destroy a target from a long distance by focusing a cluster of electricity above the target and then sending a huge and powerful bolt of lightning crashing down from the sky. A much weaker form can also be used directly from the hand.

Rage: The more you're attacked, the stronger you become.

Nullify: With a single snap of the fingers the target's powers are sealed (temporarily). Could also use the power to nullify attacks (would have to be a twitch thing were it's used at the moment of impact to avoid damage).

Phoenix Rebirth: If slain within this form they'll be reborn from the ashes like a phoenix. But each time this happens a piece of the soul is lost. The character becomes more cold and detached. It's a rather unpleasant downside despite how powerful it is.

Zi Zi Bao Zing Bang Ziggy: Warp reality in ways that are so insane that it's very difficult to fight against as everything is constantly changing in illogical ways without a pattern of any kind. Up is down, left is right. No, up is right, down is left. No, up is left, down is left. Left is up. Total madness.

Wraith blade: A transparent ghostly green sword that might be wielded by an apparition. It's able to pass through solid objects due to its non-corporeal state but it's also able to behave as if it is corporeal. One could, for instance, pass the sword through another's completely negating their attempt at parrying and cut the enemy directly with armor counting for nothing.

Wraith form: Take on the form of a spectral wraith. Transparent in this form but can turn completely invisible. Does not walk on the ground but hovers. The temperature around the apparition is lowered to the point that those around can see their breaths. Capable of various forms of telekinesis, teleportation, super speed, super strength, and possessing astral perception to see through illusions. Intangible in this spectral state, able to pass through solid objects and even living beings. Also capable of various levels of manipulating the elements of wind, fire, electricity, and water.

Weakness: While intangible and seemingly untouchable, silver is able to cut the wraith and cause severe pain. The wraith is unable to cross a line of salt; though this might be able to be countered by manipulating the wind to blow an opening in the salt.

Possession: IF the wraith passes within a living being it is able to possess it. While possessed the host has increased speed and strength.

Icy Fingers of Death: The wraith is able to reach within someone's body and simultaneously freeze and decay whatever it grabs.

Memories of Pain: Through biokinesis the wraith is able to inflict pain (physical or mental) and wounds upon an enemy that the wraith itself has suffered at any point either current or in the past.

Soul Eating: The wraith is able to eat another's soul - either partially or completely. Doing so absorbs their essence and increases the wraith's own power.

Soul Summoning: The wraith is able to summon the souls of those it has slain who will appear as wraiths and attack its enemies.

Necromantic gathering: Any nearby dead are raised as zombies to fight for the wraith.

Phantom Meld: If the wraith is slain its spirit will reassemble itself after a few hours unless the bones of its body are salted and burned.

3/31/2018 12:19:26 AM #890

If I could have a talent it would be to sense how any creature feels. Safe, happy, hungry etc.

4/7/2018 2:26:14 PM #891

Wild beasts taming them to ride them or use them to defend a town

Changing stone into gold

Tree walking

Invisibility

Deep diving

Rain dance

Fountain summoner

Talk to trees

Play soothing music to calm fierce monsters

Treasure map creation

4/7/2018 3:50:15 PM #892

My character can: * Sing you to sleep. * Fart as a defense mechanism. * Drink as much alcohol as they can without getting drunk. * Meditate and be enlightened, which helps increase the lifespan or cure her body. * Ballroom dance. * Pee potable water. * Yodle so loud, she can cause an avalanche. * Be a disease-carrier, like that dead chick in the new Tomb Raider movie.

4/8/2018 9:14:43 AM #893

Magical talents:

• Runesmithing. The ability to use powdered (precious) metals to draw runes and sigils that alter the properties of whatever they're drawn on. For example making a cloth robe as resistant to cutting as a chain hauberk, or making a solid stone wall flameable.

• Travel (Anchor). The ability to craft "anchors" from precious metals and gems, and to recall yourself to the locations they are situated in. The materials used influence the precision of your recall, how much weight and how many (and also if) persons you can bring with you and how far you can teleport. Of course leaving a fortune like that somewhere in the open just invites deviants, or someone might find and move your anchors to a place that might not be advantageous for your well-being..

• Travel (Blood). The ability to create markings drawn in your own blood, that allow you to teleport yourself to their location. They probably won't last very long painted in the wilderness (unless inside a cave or so), others can easiely remove them and the process of painting something by using a few pints of your own blood leaves you vulnerable for a significant time. Very skilled users of this talent might also use blood of their blood (aka their childrens blood) instead of their own.

• Blood thralls. The ability to create thralls by injecting corpses of soulless creatures (read: animals) with your own blood and so bind them to yourself. The larger the creature the more blood is required, which makes you temporarily weak and vulnerable due to bloodloss. Really skilled users might use blood of other people to create thralls for them. Supersticious people might really dislike it if you do it around them.

"Mundane" talents:

• Impressive vocal control: Can Imitate some/many imstruments with his voice. Don't have a banjo with you? Doesn't matter, those half-drunk plebs will never hear a difference. Also great for winning air-guitar Championships.

• Regenerative blood. You heal much faster then other people. Your tissue/blood also makes a great supplement for healing pouches/potions/remedies. Probably best not to tell your customers whats inside them though.

• Intimidating body language. Carnivorous animals will never consider you as prey, no matter how hungry they are. Non-domesticated large herbivores will probably not react well to your presence, or rather, they'll react even worse then large herbivores already do to intruders.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems, but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

4/9/2018 5:41:58 AM #894

//DEATHNOTE// will have a book in which they can write a name of an npc(can differentiate between npcs and pcs while possessing book), also writing the actions the npc would take such as going to a location and protecting/stealing/killing an individual or item and leaving it somewhere else if needed. after completing the task the npc always has a heartattack and dies on the spot.

alt text

4/13/2018 9:42:06 PM #895

minor immunity to fire - both in battle, and in professions

encourage plant growth by small %

improved hearing - distance and eaves dropping

heightened smell - find water/food, know when an animal or person is nearby if they haven't washed, etc., smell poisons

improved sight - distance and nightsight

minor immunity to cutting blows - stoneskin-esque

improved archery - accuracy and damage +

create light source - glowing gems, maybe small flame in hand (not for fighting)

ability to start a campfire in the rain, wind, snow, etc.

horsemanship - horses run faster, farther, and can travel longer hours, need food and water less often

deep sea swimming - won't immediately drown in deep water, small time period where they can try to get to shallow water before permadeath kicks in

4/14/2018 12:58:21 AM #896

If my character had a Talent...it would be the ability to tap into the Akashic Record, for knowledge. Need to know how to McGuyver a hang glider out of skins and sticks to get off the top of a mountain before you starve? Use this Talent and temporarily know everything you need.

Need to know the Kypiq tongue to prevent the little savages from killing you after you cut down the wrong tree? Vuala.

Oh no! You ate poison! Mix up an antidote from easily attainable ingredients, despite never having studied Alchemy.

Of course...you only know what you need to know for a short time and then forget it.

4/15/2018 10:30:49 AM #897

Chronological awareness.

Being aware of the passage of time which would aid in crafting and other time based activities. I am quite like this in real life, very aware of time and it moves, I dunno why. I am good at guessing the time and often set alarms but never need them etc.

Some thing like this would be great for crafting I imagine because there will be time sensitive features to the interactiv crafting system, also perhaps for things like cooking, navigation by the stars, sun and moon perhaps? Maybe even with this talent the character doesn't need a time piece to see the world time but gets periodic hints as to the time?

I imagine the greatest benefit would be with alchemy professions. Because chemicals don't wait around for your to progress, maybe giving visual hints that are more obvious to the player.

Affinity! Another idea would be a talent that is focused on a characters interest in a specific subject. So for me, I like computers therefore most things that I could learn that relate to computers I find intuitive and easy to learn. This could apply to others. An affinity towards blacksmithing would be that your character has a natural talent for that given subject. Being better at learning new things and making blacksmithing related things.

I feel like people have going overboard with the talents especially when it comes to magic seen as magic in Elyria will be very rare. You won't be seeing wizards walking around and vampires coming to market days and fireballs being thrown around.

I thought talents are more like inherent natural skills relating to real world character attributes.

5/18/2018 7:10:34 PM #898

(Probably already been mentioned somewhere, but I'll put some up anyway.)

The ability to shapeshift into any other race or animal. If you change into another race, you don't automatically know the language though.

The ability to use touch healing to heal another person's injuries or cure them of disease/the effects of old age

The ability to sense through the sensory map that people are nearby even if there's no way that you can see or hear them. (Potentially could have a long max range and get overwhelmed in a crowd of people)

The ability to bend and manipulate light; which could be used to create illusions (whether away from yourself or used to create a disguise), make yourself invisible (though the character will be unable to see while invisible), suddenly brighten or darken the nearby area, set flammable things on fire, form force fields of a type, or shoot lasers (hey, lasers are focused light though they would not be called lasers in game). [Alternatively, this could be broken into multiple talents that all have bending light as the basis.]

The ability to speak and have anyone automatically understand you even if the two of you do not share the same language aka speaking in tongues

The ability to know what other people are destined to do by closely observing them so you can give people hints if they can't figure out what plot hooks the game engine has for them

The ability to communicate by telepathy

The ability to extract information from others by telepathy (if the target wants to resist, it would rely on their willpower vs the extracter's willpower)

5/18/2018 8:00:05 PM #899

Talents? I like my talents on the subtle side.

Meticulous Dresser - You always appear to be the best-dressed example of whatever you're wearing. ("Sure he was a hobo, but that loincloth was on point!")

Magnificent Beard - Truly. It's like it belongs on a wizard.

Awkwardless - You're never that guy-- I mean, that person.

PerfectTouch - Never too touchy, never too aloof, you always know exactly the right amount of time to shake hands, hug, etc.

Poise - No pratfalls for you. Unless it's the perfect way to break the ice. Then it's the perfect pratfall.

GoodHairDays - No bad hair days. Ever.

StrangeLuck - You don't have good luck. But you don't have bad luck, either.

BargainHunter - You only negotiate as well as the next person, but you always seem to grab the items that offer the best opportunity to haggle, all the same.

;)

• Snipehunter
5/19/2018 2:34:06 AM #900

Posted By Snipehunter at 4:00 PM - Fri May 18 2018

Talents? I like my talents on the subtle side.

Meticulous Dresser - You always appear to be the best-dressed example of whatever you're wearing. ("Sure he was a hobo, but that loincloth was on point!")

Magnificent Beard - Truly. It's like it belongs on a wizard.

Awkwardless - You're never that guy-- I mean, that person.

PerfectTouch - Never too touchy, never too aloof, you always know exactly the right amount of time to shake hands, hug, etc.

Poise - No pratfalls for you. Unless it's the perfect way to break the ice. Then it's the perfect pratfall.

GoodHairDays - No bad hair days. Ever.

Oh wow - just read this and thought how CoE's modelers are going to go nuts. For someone to have a Talent of GoodHairDays means that everyone else needs to have the periodic Bad hair day :)

... ...