COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Unofficial Compilation of CoE Q&A Website

Hello everyone,

I have created a website to hold all the questions and answers held by the developers.

This site allows you to search for questions/answers, filter by tags and it also support multilanguage so the questions and answers can be translated in other languages.

Here is the link: Unofficial Compilation of Chronicles of Elyria Q&A

You don't need to register to use the site. Registration is only needed for collaborators.

Examples of possible searches:
  • combat style => List all the questions that has either "combat" or "style"
  • "combat style" => List all the questions that has the phrase "combat style"
  • "combat" "style" => List all the questions that has both "combat" and "style"
  • combat -style => List all the questions tha has "combat" but doesn't have "style".

Collaborators needed:

Currently we are looking for people to help to maintain the questions. Their tasks would be:

1. Transcribe the Q&A sessions videos (the ones that haven't been transcribed yet and new ones) so far and add the questions to the website.
  2. Improve the text of the already existing questions.
  3. Apply proper tags to the questions

Also we are looking for translators. So far we have English and Spanish, but if people is willing to translate to other languages, we can add them as required.

If you want to help, contact me through PM here, Discord or by email at: [email protected]

Update: 24 Aug 2017

Here I'm adding the list of all the Q&A videos that are not yet transcribed and added to the web in the hope that people wants to help and also to coordinate the work:

10/21/2016 Live Q&A - Design Experiences - No transcriber
12/12/2016 Live Q&A - Biomes - Aleythiya
01/26/2017 Live Q&A - Settlements - Done Already
2/23/2017 Live Q&A - Pre-Alpha Experiences - No transcriber
Live Q&A - Survival - VictoriaRachel
Chronicles of Elyria Live Q&A | Tribes, Part I - No transcriber
Chronicles of Elyria Live Q&A | Tribes, Part II - No transcriber
Chronicles of Elyria Live Q&A | Tribes, Part III - No transcriber
Chronicles of Elyria Live Q&A | Tribes, Part IV - Zasirel
Live Q&A | Jousting in Chronicles of Elyria - Done

If you want to help transcribing please reply to this post with the video you want to do, just make sure nobody else is working on it.

Here is a guideline to format the document

7/1/2016 11:11:42 PM #1

Great resource! This a easier way to find answers about different game stuff. I am going to take a look on it.

Thanks for share Rhaegys.

7/2/2016 3:27:16 AM #2

This is great. Much easier than watching videos if you are only after a few answers. Should get this sticky.

7/2/2016 10:49:08 AM #3

Yeah it wouldn't be a bad idea :)

7/2/2016 10:55:59 AM #4

What a good initiative. Good on you.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

7/4/2016 8:51:05 AM #5

This is an absolutely brilliant resource. Thank you very much for taking the time to make this, and make it idiot proof so I can use it!

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

7/4/2016 10:42:08 AM #6

Have a +1 from me, looking good.

There's already a QandA listing up but it's nowhere near as user friendly as this, keep it up :)

7/5/2016 12:05:19 PM #7

Is this just for Q&A and forum posts? I know that some questions are asked in IRC have no confirm-able source.

7/5/2016 2:15:13 PM #8

Quite a time consuming job to put all of these together.

Simply wow, which Q&A are you up to now ?

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

7/6/2016 6:26:24 AM #9

All the YouTube Q&A has been added to the site already, except for the last one that nobody made a transcription yet. We are working on adding the Q&A from the live chats on irc (those that were held before the YouTube videos).

@Xyberviri no only official Q&A will be added. (YouTube or live chats, the reddit iama will go there too).

So anyone that would like to help is welcome!

7/6/2016 6:28:09 AM #10

The idea was to make that list friendly, easy to search and categorized using tags.

That list of transcriptions is the source for this website.

7/6/2016 7:35:21 PM #11

This looks really great and very useful. I have a feature request

Provide an url for a search results. (Press the url to see all answers about "family")

7/7/2016 8:05:49 AM #12

Yes, that's a good one and I had it in my mind! Just yesterday I found myself needing to do exactly that and I couldn't.

7/8/2016 12:43:19 AM #13

How can i become a translator

7/14/2016 9:45:19 AM #14

This looks really great and very useful. I have a feature request

Provide an url for a search results. (Press the url to see all answers about "family")

@Halvgrim - 9:35 PM - Wed Jul 06 2016

I have added that now. If you want to share a particular search, just copy the URL you get after searching and that's it!

7/14/2016 9:48:45 AM #15

How can i become a translator

@Warior1411 - 10:43 AM - Fri Jul 08 2016

Jump into >> this channel << and have a chat with Rhaegys